Default What ED for my build?

So I'm TRing one of my characters (eventually!) and I'm not sure what ED I should plan on going for him.

My planned build is a Phoenix variant. 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Fighter. He's going to be based off unarmed attacks and utilizing Stunning Fist to augment DPS. And that is what has got me stuck. If I weren't unarmed, I would pick Unyielding Sentinel. But I'm also considering GMoF. As I have next to no experience with EDs except for playing around a bit on Lamm, I don't know how effective GMoF would be. So, dear experts, what should I choose? Would GMoF even work with this build?
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

IMO you can't beat gmof when it comes to unarmed centered builds.
    Devourer ate my characters.

All of them for the twists. Try them out as you level them and see which fits your playstyle best. If you insist on one and done though, I would go with GMOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

GMOF without a doubt. But also very importantly, I would suggest as twists:

1. T4 - Sense Weakness from Fury of the Wild.
    2. T3 - Haste Boost from Legendary Dreadnought.
    3. T1 - Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought.

That will keep you busy for some time
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    GMOF without a doubt. But also very importantly, I would suggest as twists:

2. T3 - Haste Boost from Legendary Dreadnought.
    3. T1 - Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought.

That will keep you busy for some time
    That ^

edit: wait, is 4/3/1 even possible?
    Last edited by MRMechMan; 12-17-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: 4/3/1?

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    That ^

edit: wait, is 4/3/1 even possible?
    T4 = 10 Fate Points (1st Twist)
    T3 = 8 Fate Points (2nd Twist)
    T1 = 3 Fate Points (3rd Twist)

= 21 Fate Points, my bad, as only 18 available in game and +2 Fate tome on top.

Hmm, in that case then...

2. T1 - Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought.
    3. T1 - Rejuvenation Cocoon from Primal Avatar.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Hard to say. It would be between gmof and LD. Mainly because LD has it;s own sense weakness at lv 5 as long as an action boost of any kind is going. And the destiny even gives you a nice minute long boost. It also speeds up the refresh time of boosts. Meaning if you want, haste boost is never down.

On my alt I have the starting 5 boosts +3 from horc and then another 3 from LD, and then +1 from the gear item. It's really sweet having 12 haste boosts lol.

Only problem is a bit of LD doesn't go so well for wraps. But if they fixed them so that you could expand the threat range, and everything, I'd say LD with a twist from fury (sense) and then the +40% fort twist, and then something from gmof. Probably the dance of flowers to jack up die by 1.5.

Not to say gmof isn't nice. It's sort of like a very well rounded out destiny for anything that stays centered. It's going to increase your defenses, compliment your stances, and give you something to actually blow that yellow bar on you always have. The only thing I don't really like about is the animation for the ki attacks. I like the ki attacks, they do ok dmg, but the action to do them just takes to long. If they were instantaneous or quick, I think it would better compete with others.

Mainly because in the time it takes to do a ki move, you probably could have nailed that stunned (helpless) mob for 3 times the dmg. Because once that thing is helpless and you have the weakness going for you, it's just great dmg. Especially if you have any SA stacked up.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

I think twisting Brace for Impact (Tier 1) for 40% stacking fortification can be be the way to go depending on the build/gear.
    I am aiming at Sense Weakness (tier4) + Brace for Impact (tier 1) + Legendary Tactics (tier 1)

If I ever reach 66 Stunning Fist DC, and depending on effectiveness, I may drop Legendary Tactics for another tier 1 or tier 2 twist.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    The only thing I don't really like about is the animation for the ki attacks. I like the ki attacks, they do ok dmg, but the action to do them just takes to long. If they were instantaneous or quick, I think it would better compete with others.

Mainly because in the time it takes to do a ki move, you probably could have nailed that stunned (helpless) mob for 3 times the dmg. Because once that thing is helpless and you have the weakness going for you, it's just great dmg. Especially if you have any SA stacked up.
    The ki moves are mostly there as pre-reqs for drifting lotus and scattering of petals anyway. No need to use them, though orchid blossom can do decent damage to a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    I think twisting Brace for Impact (Tier 1) for 40% stacking fortification can be be the way to go depending on the build/gear.
    I am aiming at Sense Weakness (tier4) + Brace for Impact (tier 1) + Legendary Tactics (tier 1)

If I ever reach 66 Stunning Fist DC, and depending on effectiveness, I may drop Legendary Tactics for another tier 1 or tier 2 twist.
    This is what i am aiming for aswell. Just 3 more points to finalize it.
    Last edited by Duke-H-; 12-17-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Devourer ate my characters.

GMoF is very good... but depends on what you want to do.

I would also lvl US, LD and Fury. Maybe primal avatar too... You will be able to choose between offensive and defensive stuff according to the job in hand.

Twists are a grind... but they worth it.

There is no item in the game that will add damage like Sense Weakness... You can run a 1000 raids and will not have something that gives +6 stacking stunning fist DCs (Legendary tactics) or superdupper overpowered situational stuff like Everything is Nothing or Master Blitz.

I got most EDs at lvl 5 in my pure monk... I rarely use GMoF... I am always trying other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jbleargh View Post
    GMoF is very good... but depends on what you want to do.
    Well, the build by it's nature is very defense-focused. I'd like to improve the damage aspect of it. I'm assuming GMoF is best for that?
    Vailun, Level 6 Paladin/6 Ranger/2 Monk (Gimped/Semi-retired) || Syrtho, Level 16 Pale Master || Vologrith, Level 17 Monk || Vistentelas, Level 11 Favored Soul || Veryon, Level 5 Artificer || Katakira, Level 2 Monk/1 Fighter/1 Wizard |

Quote Originally Posted by Olath_Senger View Post
    Well, the build by it's nature is very defense-focused. I'd like to improve the damage aspect of it. I'm assuming GMoF is best for that?
    Legendary Dreadnought, Fury of the Wild and for Centered Unarmed Melee's, Grandmaster of Flowers, are all very good DPS improvements. GMoF is very well suited (obviously) to Monks, whereas one or two LD/Fury abilities do not work with unarmed as far as I can recall.

But do not under-estimate Shadowdancer (+6D6 Sneak Damage every time you stun something) or even Primal Avatar (Stormrage is a fantastic ability, and you have a blue bar to use it with).
    The Theorybuild Author

If you want to do something other than GMoF, Fury is going to give you the most DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    All of them for the twists. Try them out as you level them and see which fits your playstyle best. If you insist on one and done though, I would go with GMOF.
    If this is a toon you'll be running a lot, all of them is the answer. You'll want twists from other EDs.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    If you want to do something other than GMoF, Fury is going to give you the most DPS.
    On my monk, I've seen better dps running in LD than in Fury using Sorjek to test them. GMoF was very close to LD. All three were good enuf to be useful.

Twists were Sense Weakness in LD, and haste boost/dmg boost from LD in the other 2 builds.

Masters blitz works great on mobs and can easily be kept going - 200ish dmg per hit and up to 10 stacks of 10 second blitzes. Crits for me were 800-1500ish. That alone beats adrenalin's occasional handwrap crit.

I swap between GMoF and LD. Both are quite useful. Since I ran my tests I won't run in FoTW again if adrenalin doesn't support wraps.
    My 3rd Life Monk, 2nd Life Monk builds. My pre-MoTU Light Monk build.
    Other Monks: Martens, TeenyTiny, Metaru, Rockan, Horcrux.
    My old Intimitank Build. 3rd life and haven't updated.

GMoF for sure - For EiN alone! Grab that and with a decent Wis you can ensure that you'll have double the kill count of the next highest guy in any party (Unless there's another EiN monk there of course) At least try it before it's nerfed out of existence, anyway.