Default What Epic are You Going to Farm Now?

So with the Rusted Blades nerf (which was a long time coming...it was a pretty cheesy farm) and House of Death Undone locked tight, what is going to be the go-to epic destiny farm? I already stupidly had an xp penalty on Rusted Blades so losing even more xp pretty much makes that quest pointless for my main to run. I was starting to really like the Death Undone farm but then I walk in this evening and everything is locked.

I hear some people farm Impossible Demands but I haven't tried it out for myself. Any quest with spell traps sounds irritating and with it being level 21, all my 25s would mess it up unless it was run on Epic Hard. I almost never see an lfm for this farm and I'm not sure how well it would even fill.

At most I can only stand up to 2 hours of mindless grind on any given day. If I just ran a variety of random epics with random pugs...it could take 20-30 minutes to form, buff, get to the quest, and complete the quest. So to finish my main character (Destinies already in-progress) that puts me at 72 days to finish one character. And that's only if I play every day and always the same character, which sounds boring. Add in a bunch of other characters that haven't even started building their destinies and that just screams for a new Epic Destiny Farm.

What are you going to farm?
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Unquiet graves is very fast.
    Fathom the depths is good, too.
    Von3 isn't terrible with good group.
    Von2 I could see being decent with 3-4 solo capable people.
    OOB has potential.

Von3 is probably way more fun/min than anything in eveningstar anyway .

I am probably forgetting a big one.

Rusted Blades goes from 27k to 24k with a pot, and from 19k to 17k without a pot.

Really, it was so, so worth it to run at the first number, and so, so not worth it to run at the second number?

I guess everyone has their threshold; that one's a bit sensitive for my tastes.

Aye. Rusted blades is still viable to me.
    VoN3 is another nice quest, thanks to the chest density. Deal and the Demon can also be completed pretty fast, if you know what you are doing.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Impossible demands 21k per minute without pots. Always been that way and so always has been my preference.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    Impossible demands 21k per minute without pots. Always been that way and so always has been my preference.
    and its always taken more than a minute
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

yes, make sure you list all the good fast exp runs here so they know which ones to "fix" next...
    Beer is proof that god loves me, and wants me to be happy.

>.<

Fight Club.
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Quote Originally Posted by Edyit76 View Post
    yes, make sure you list all the good fast exp runs here so they know which ones to "fix" next...
    Some people just don't get it do they?

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    >.<

Fight Club.
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

10% hit and you guys are crying about it. It is still stupid easy XP.

No comment is the best comment...

Posting about easy high XP runs on the Forums is what got them nerfed in the first place, so now you want to forum post about the replacement for Rusted Blades....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Yeah, the xp drop might not seem significant but as I mentioned in the original post my main already has a hefty penalty on Rusted Blades which is why I was looking for alternatives. Rusted Blades is still an option for my other characters but even then I refuse to post a run for that quest on a character that doesn't have DDoor. Making a post for the sole purpose of piking seems a little off-putting.

Also, I think it's silly how paranoid people get. I'm sure Turbine has a team of 25 strong that sits here drooling over the forums searching for anything they can nerf to make players suffer as much as possible. Besides, it took them, what, 6 months to nerf Rusted Blades. And there won't be anymore nerfs now that the world is ending in a few days.
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Edyit76 View Post
    In that case...Arachnophobia at 173 xp (solo only) is the best farm quest in all of DDO and should be nerfed to about 172 xp.

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    And there won't be anymore nerfs now that the world is ending in a few days.
    If the cockroaches really do survive, turbine will nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post

Posting about easy high XP runs on the Forums is what got them nerfed in the first place, so now you want to forum post about the replacement for Rusted Blades....
    I'm sure a data mine of seeing everyone and their brother running that quest into infinity and beyond wasn't their first clue. Not at all.

I also have been grinding Von 3 to death and is my favorite for ED farming. It's not the fastest run, but the number of chests IMO make up for it, esp on a loot weekend.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post

My first reply was going to be along the lines of, How could they NOT know that this was a consequence of a poorly-considered mechanic?

But then I remembered that this is Turbine we're talking about and there is some evidence that the developers do not even play the game they're working on so............
    In an election, always vote for the candidate who likes big butts....because, you know, they cannot lie.

KCCO

The Hatchery

I really detest farming, which is why I alternate between many efficient quests. Even though I don't want to run Rusted Blades till the end of time, it's not like it got nerfed all that hard.

As others have stated, VON3 is a good one because of the loot, and because it's actually pretty fun (imo). Next time I TR, I won't even touch it in heroic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    And there won't be anymore nerfs now that the world is ending in a few days.
    I, for one, am prepared for the Mayan invasion.