Default Lesson learned why not to put dummy below deck

so I finally hit 20 and am playing with my long neglected epic gear and destinies seeing how many different types of damage I could fit in on pair of hand wraps.

As you can see, it cuts me off for the other two lines of damage from sense weakness while the dummy is in the narrow rooms in the lvl 55 guild ship...8 more levels for us Prismatic People and we can have that big spiffy ship!

Edit: Naturally forgot to put elemental strikes back on my hot bar.

The issue here is why you haven't got the tavern in that little room along with the dummy?

So many Ships I've been on where the dummy isn't next to the tavern - Being able to regen SPs, HPs and Abilities while beating the Dummy down is a big boon.
    Especially for the low level toons in guild and those high level toons {Casters} who don't do massive amounts of melee damage but would like the +2 to hit for those times when it's required to pull out a weapon.

Being able to get your one rage and action boost {Haste/Damage} back on a Barb is great too!

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

d*** Ver... that is one long string of numbers! O.o

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Why not put the dummy and tavern keeper on the main deck?

That along with anything that takes time like the banker and possibly mail box.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Let's see, for 15 (visible) entries on your damage line:
    Acid entries: 2 (acid burst ring)
    Cold entries: 2 (icy burst risia)
    Electric entries: 3 (shocking burst ring, epic charged gaunts on vorpal strike)
    Fire entries: 1 (oremi's set)
    force entries: 1 (force damage ritual)
    Good entries: 3 (holy, hence shows as immune, pure good, good aligned base damage)
    Law entries: 1 (fanaticism from law aligned monk)
    light entries: 1 (crown of summer)
    untyped entries: 1 (sense weakness as mob is <75% at time of hit)

Not bad, you could add Reign (if you have a bard PL), and Summer smoke (Primal avatar closeby), and maybe a bold trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhaven View Post
    Why not put the dummy and tavern keeper on the main deck?

That along with anything that takes time like the banker and possibly mail box.
    Of all the ships {the good ones - Not the Lvl 80+ abominations} I've been on I have to say that the Layout of Judges of Sarlona's {on Sarlona of course} is by far my favourite.

All Four Resists together on the top deck along with Kobold and Hobgob.
    XP Shrine in it's standard spot and Jorasco Healer next to Captain and Navigator.
    Tavern & Dummy in small two man room downstairs.
    Stat Shrines and the rest of the Buffers spread out downstairs.

Yes I am a happy member of Judges - Yes I have seen other ships with very similar layouts {if not exactly the same}.

Yes I've seen plenty of ships with the Dummy and Tavern together on the top deck too BUT I do personally prefer the little room inside.

If my guild on Cannith ever gets to a point where I can get that ship I will be copying Judges Layout as it is atm.

Well, apparently I am a member of one of those guilds with the level 85 "abomination" ships. AND, I play on Orien. Which this thread is on the forum of.

We have the dummy on the platform where you first zone in. It is the one place on the ship we found that none of the other buffs face. (to prevent the swinging at buffs and not getting them). The bartender is ahead and to the right, so within the regen zone for the dummy.

We have the banker downstairs acting as a pool girl for the hot tub. The epic altar is in the other room. That way, you never have to open those rooms to do a buff run.

Also, we have the top deck set up so that you only have to run on one side or the other for a buff run.

Let any of us from House do'Urden know if you need a ship invite to scope out the layout.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Thumbs up

so, what im hearing is the rest of us Prismatics need to get going and help Veriden get the big ship....

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The issue here is why you haven't got the tavern in that little room along with the dummy?

So many Ships I've been on where the dummy isn't next to the tavern - Being able to regen SPs, HPs and Abilities while beating the Dummy down is a big boon.
    Especially for the low level toons in guild and those high level toons {Casters} who don't do massive amounts of melee damage but would like the +2 to hit for those times when it's required to pull out a weapon.

Being able to get your one rage and action boost {Haste/Damage} back on a Barb is great too!
    You can't see it well b/c of the hot bar in the upper left hand side, but our tavern is in the middle of the lower deck which reaches where the dummy is.

Didn't think to add reign or a greater bold trinket, don't know if I can twist it at the same time I have sense weakness yet, I run with a teir 4 teir 1 teir 1 twist set up (Sense weakness, dance of flowers, wisdom1[putting my wisdom at 40.]) Still can't bring myself to touch primal avatar, there just isn't enough perk in it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Attlee View Post
    so, what im hearing is the rest of us Prismatics need to get going and help Veriden get the big ship....
    Yes! But Vy stole my whip so I must be nice v.v

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    Well, apparently I am a member of one of those guilds with the level 85 "abomination" ships. AND, I play on Orien. Which this thread is on the forum of.

Talking about Ship Buffs is Server specific now?

We have the dummy on the platform where you first zone in. It is the one place on the ship we found that none of the other buffs face. (to prevent the swinging at buffs and not getting them). The bartender is ahead and to the right, so within the regen zone for the dummy.

We have the banker downstairs acting as a pool girl for the hot tub. The epic altar is in the other room. That way, you never have to open those rooms to do a buff run.

Also, we have the top deck set up so that you only have to run on one side or the other for a buff run.

Sounds like you've done a good job with a terrible layout

Let any of us from House do'Urden know if you need a ship invite to scope out the layout.

The ONE Server I have NO toons on!
    You're not getting me to make another character on Orien - I'm still trying to consolidate my remaining toons off Ghallanda and Argo as is.
    Wayfinder transfers being glitchy my toons there will have to wait their turn.
    My biggest issue with the ship you're talking about is the wasted space!
    It has just as much space on the main part of the top deck as Mid lvl ship before it BUT leaves most of it empty.
    Only then to hide buffers and Shrines round the sides out of the way.

The Other High Level Ship is unbelievably bad!