Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool What kind of quest would you like to see?

Totally open discussion on what YOU think would be a great quest;
    We have Eberron (steam punk) & Faerun (earth-like) settings already, and include those as well to..story arc, environment, graphic consideration, D&D module, movie, etc...

Personally, I want to see a very long quest that is like the movie, "The Cube", a constantly changing, and mind boggling labyrinth of everything the devs can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

I never saw "The Cube" so cannot comment, but excessive randomness would turn me off. I would prefer more stuff like the maze in Crucible, which changes in complex but fathomable ways. Something like adventure "Ex Libris" in Dungeon magazine #29: square rooms which periodically slide past each other, so map keeps changing but one can keep track of it, at least in theory.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

I want a quest full of rapid halflings that need to be put down. Make it a level 14.

Why? I've been saving over the years and I literally have THOUSANDS of greater halfling slaying arrows (what the heck is a greater-halfling anyway?). It's time they get put to use.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    square rooms which periodically slide past each other, so map keeps changing but one can keep track of it, at least in theory.
    The Cube has that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_%28film%29

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

airship-to-airship battles with a freely pilot-able ship, with cannons and the works.

One of my favorite encounter settings: a boss fight while falling. Like...a REALLLLLLY long ways. (good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5ozc6R1X8) (minor profanity at the start.)

Community Member

I'd like to see dungeons where there are many ways to complete. For example, there's a tough guard that can be Charmed to , or you can fight him, or wait a few minutes for the shifts to change and sneak in. There's a distinct lack of dungeons that can be done by anything except zerging until there's a puzzle that if a party member doesn't have memorized, everyone else drops group.

Even when the quests are supposed to have this as a feature, it doesn't work out like that. I once made a Vet Status 7 Assassin Rogue and took it into Stealthy Repossession (L2 quest) to see if it could be done stealthily. Same build I use for my very excellent first-life Assassin Rogue I used, minus a +2 DEX tome. I couldn't even come close to doing it ON NORMAL.

Basicly anything that differs from the norm, latest quest I like is Spinner of Shadows because its different from most quests.

Would also like to see a major epic raid quest -you guys can make quests with 24 ppl look @ mabar so- and play some sort of LOTR Helms deep style, ton of NPC's, charging hordes, battering rams, siege engines. So more like a defensive mission with multiple levels of barricades that you can improve by holding certain hotspots [king of the hill style] to generate the PP required to upgrade the stuff.

Finished of by some sort of lich sitting on a Dragon with a bodyguard elite that requires >> tactics << to be put down.

Puzzles are ok in quests, but not to many, dont like it when im puzzling more then im actually questing. Also a quest thats idiot proof, AKA leader gets a button to opt for a voting to freeze a players toon [like 80 percent agrees = freeze]
    Co-Leader of Vengeance of the Fallen on Sarlona
    Alias ingame: Drazzhar / Lelithh
    Try not to become a man of succes, but rather try to become a man of value - Albert Einstein.

Community Member

I'd like to see a mid level 10-12 quest pack with a variety about 10 short to medium length quests with lots of variety like the Sharn syndicate.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default Xorian challenges

House Kundarak wizards and artificers seek adventurers to provide extremally rare component needed to cast a powerful spells used to store and secure property. They hired planescaller to transport adventurers to Xoriat, the Plane of Madness, the only place where components can be found...

We got a Taken Workers who collect Xorian Fungus (worth 1 point)moving plants (worth 5 points) and speaking earth (worth 10 points). Each taken worker can collect two objects and extra Taken Worker Arms can be purchased at Mindflayer Foreman. Arms are used by targeting Taken Worker and using item from hotbar. Players must use Taken Bait to lead Taken Workers to fungus, plants and earth. Taken who collects an object is taking it back to Foreman. Players may also purchase Taken Food which works like bait, but is healing taken a little, Mutation Enchancements which are used to increse speed, defence and AI of Taken Workers, Xorian Portals which can be used by takens, players or monsters to instantly travel through Xoriat, to reach Mindflayer Foreman more quickly. Monsters we face are inhabitants of Xoriat: beholders, mind flayers, tharak hounds, reavers etc. Action takes place in typical Xorian envirovement: organic walls, floors and ceilings, creepy voices can be heard everywhere etc.

Takens, mindflayers, monsters and collectibles are talking in specific manners; Mindflayer Foreman regards us with contempt, takens can't be understood, and sometimes laughs maniacally, fungus are laughing when collected, plants carried by Takens are trying to escape, earth is begging to be left alone.

Each heroic challenge share basic objective: collect components worth of 100 points, and 4 extra objectives varying from variant to variant, for example, to kill specific amount of specific monster, gather some amount of specific object (for exaple, avoid collecting earth, or collect only fungus), or doing other challenging things. Each of special objectives is worth a star, with an extra for completing challenge at CR20.
    Epic variants got the same objectives, but numbers required to get star are doubled (for example gather 200 fungus instead of 100, and gather 500 points in 2 minutes instead of 250 in 4),

Each star awards 1 point of House Kundarak favor, allowing players to reach 400 favor and next rank, for extra bank tab. Depending on score, players gets ingredients to trade for rewards. They can choose some new insane weapons (applying various effects to mobs, or having chance to add extra effect to each casted spell), some potions (XP, crafting XP, guild XP, +10 insane bonus to 1 chosen spell power, +1 insane bonus to hit, +1 insane bonus to weapon damage etc). Epic ingredients can be traded for more potent weapon and potions, epic dungeon tokens, and for new Insane Epic Augments to epic items (for example, Red Slot: 10% chance to deal 2d6 insane damage on each hit, or Yellow Slot: 5% to deal 1d6 chaotic damage on each offensive spell).
    Also, players may purchase 2 different one time character bank upgrades: first, costing 2,000 heroic ingredients of each kind increases size of each bank tab (free, favor and DDO Store) by 5 slot. Second upgrade is the same, but costs 3,000 epic ingredients of each kind.

Edit: also, one of those challenges should be raid size, to ensure maximum level of insanity.

Community Member

I'd just like to see a lot of the old modules adapted.

how about, monsters have taken over the (enclaves) in stormreach,they have taken the house leaders hostage

youmust battle in each enclave to rescue the leaders from each of there respected enclave's

then, when you have rescued all 5 leaders, you must take down the ringleader of this plot against stormreach,(leader is in the underground of airship station)

the best part of this is....NO COYLE QUESTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Community Member

Default Epic (solo) kobald assault.

This one is a timed run that you can not win. Every 10 seconds the next wave of 12-20 kobalds is given +2 CR. After 5 minutes you would be fighting Kobalds with a 60+ combat rating. No shrines. No end rewards. Can only run it by yourself without a hire. So why do it. Anyone surviving longer than 5 minutes will be given a world announcement that they lasted that long. Basically a quest that gives a chance for the uber builds to prove that they are uber. Maybe even a forum post with a screen shot of your kill count.

The next logical step is Spelljammer. It fits with the guild airships and can be used to connect eberron to every imaginable world.

Return to some of the most epic quests from early DDO.

Example - a high level quest set in Stormcleave Outpost (not necessarily any real overlap in story with the original SC).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Personally I like quests with challenging optionals - real, true optionals.

I also like quests with multiple paths - maybe a sneaky but slow path, maybe a trap-laden path that avoids lots of fights, maybe a choice between fighting X or Y.

I'd love to see epic versions of older quests or (as sirgog says) epic quests in the same settings ... and those yielding epic versions of classic D&D items like boots of speed, etc. With the Xoriat theme running in the harbor, I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Butcher's Path filled with madness creatures.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

theres a quest like that in the house d chain, you can choose the boss you fight in gen point also.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

A quest that makes me go, hmmmmmm
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

I want quests that i enjoy the 10th time i do it !

Some good ideas for this
    - multiple paths to go to the final fight (like in The Sunken Sewer, you have 2 different paths to go to the end)
    - hidden optionals for those who like to explore losts sectors in Sacrifices, there is one chest behind a locked door underwater and one with a skeletal mage if you jump in the ceiling part
    - different ways to handle some monsters (like in Relic of Sovereing Past, where you can use intimidate, bluff,...)
    - something different that just hack & slash. Crucible is a good quest. Hard to do it but fun. It should be better to have only 1 or 2 non fighting challenge per dungeon because)
    - Real 3D architecture allowing to take different paths. Currently, most dungeons are linear

Also some randomness. It would be hard to program it for architecture, but past level 10, it could be easily programmed to have randomness in opponent. For example, if a group guarding a door has usually 4 orcs fighters guarding it, you could have
    - from 4 to 8 orcs fighters or
    - 3 fighter and a cleric or
    - 4 fighters and one invisible wizard or
    - 4 fighters and 2 hidden scout or
    - One of those group and a mini-boss
    - The group of door A AND group of door B together (and nobody at door B)

This wya, sending a scout would sometimes be a good idea. Because you can run into a group or 4 orc fighter is easy, but if you ran into a group of 6+miniboss joined to a group of 4 others

Talking

Would like to have a random maze dungeon with difficult puzzles and no end fights ( we always have one ... )
    Let's say a trial by fury with no big boss at the end and light puzzle I mean with rotating paving stones
    I know some will hate that but ..
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    Would like to have a random maze dungeon with difficult puzzles and no end fights ( we always have one ... )
    Let's say a trial by fury with no big boss at the end and light puzzle I mean with rotating paving stones
    I know some will hate that but ..
    Sounds like "ghost of a chance" (at least for the no end fight :P) !
    one of my favourite quest
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast