Lightbulb Damage Mitigation Calculator

Damage Mitigation Calculator 1.2.xls - 28.0 KB

This is the calc sheet (excel file) i use to plan the equipment for my characters. You can use it to min-max the amount of damage you're "avoiding". You can play with the numbers, check which configuration between AC, Dodge, Incorporeal gives you the best results.

As a general guide line try always to have more than 70% total mitigation for every melee character that want to step into an high level Epic Elite. How to do it, it's up to you: more dodge, more AC or more PRR?

The Calc Sheet comes with two builds already inside. The first one it's a Melee FVS, the second one it's the DDD build i'm using on my tank. Feel free to modify the numbers, copy & paste the formulas.

This very simple work is based on this formula, though i considered the complement to 1 of the same in order to get the mitigation percentage, and not the damage you're taking. The component that calculates the percentage to get hit based on AC and the monster attack bonus has a minimum in 0.95 not in 1: as far as i know you always mitigate 5% damage despite how low your AC is.

Best Regards,
    Zerkul.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 01-06-2013 at 07:36 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Updated.

: Added some extra comments into the spreadsheet and made explicit the Total Miss Chance and the Damage Reductions numbers: now you can clearly understand how the Total Damage Mitigation is composed. Remember that high miss chance and low damage reduction exposes you to bad luck (get 2 or 3-shotted) if you're HPs are low.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

That link is to a spamware site that seemingly will infest your computer with all sorts of toolbars, 'download' managers and who knows what else. If anyone is going to try to access the 'xls' spreadsheet you may want to do it on a disposable computer.