Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

Default And the best hireling performance award goes to

Tempys Lorben The Cleric.

He was amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes. Last night I run elite BB Framework with my Barbarian/Fighter and Tempys with me.

- Sometimes we surrounded with 7-8 cows ( shamans include this number )
    - Sometimes Tempys tripped from a Worg when Strong Cows near and could not heal himself and me
    - Some critical times I run away and left him among mobs
    - He killed 6 cows
    - We killed every single cow in the minatour village ( I was angry that things. 1-2 days ago we failed a zerg run with full pug group 6 times then we gave up )

And he the mighty Tempys didn't die . Even he standing among blades in front of end boss door he didn't die. If it fits your level range don't wait for a real healer.
    Cannith : Khakan ( Ftr ) - Ajattara ( Rog ) - Rigeell ( Fvs ) No guild, No Cry

He is a beast...

I just hate how he drops party without saying anything when you leave the quest.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

He certainly is Charismatic. The number of DVs he has speaks to the high charisma modifier.

Good ol' Tempy! Isn't he one of the first ones (if not the first one) to get Deathward as a clickie?

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Good ol' Tempy! Isn't he one of the first ones (if not the first one) to get Deathward as a clickie?

Stoner81.
    Lvl 13 FavSoul - Duerim Guardwell - beats him to it.

It seems many of the hirelings have gotten a bit better recently. I was solo with Ellieri (Lvl 3 Cleric Hire) in Elite Water Works (Part 3 with the acid hallway). I parked her outside the hallway and ran down there by myself and nearly died in the acid on the way in, pull the levers and ran back diabling the acid jets on the way out. I got a little too close to the last jet and died. I ordered Ellieri to get my stone (I didn't have much hope of completing at this point but thought I would try).

She grabs my stone and survives the acid. I couldn't remember where the closest shrine was so we just started going forward into the quest. Like a trooper she plods forward and proceeds to kill about 20 Kobolds while carrying my stone. Eventually a Kobold Shaman got her, but that's because he was casting Lighting bolts from a distance and she couldn't get to him to kill him.

So, even though we failed, it was quite a sight to see a lvl 3 hireling perform quite well all alone in a lvl 5 quest.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Darn, I was rooting for Acceerr.

Default girl power

lots of guys that i've run with in the game seem to be hopelessly in love with Larafay, lvl 15 FvS, and as i don't want to start a catfight with that hireling: i do have to admit that she is quite impressive with her destructions and cometfalls.

the ddo wiki says: She is capable of healing, but Larafay's specialty lies in channeling the fury of the heavens to obliterate.

She runs outta sp sometimes, but instead competes for kill counts and does some decent cc that way, kudos to the lil drow larafay ;D

I'm pretty fond of Tanya Brightstone as well. Love the way she makes all the monsters scoot on their booties around on the floor.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by barfuss View Post
    lots of guys that i've run with in the game seem to be hopelessly in love with Larafay, lvl 15 FvS, and as i don't want to start a catfight with that hireling: i do have to admit that she is quite impressive with her destructions and cometfalls.

the ddo wiki says: She is capable of healing, but Larafay's specialty lies in channeling the fury of the heavens to obliterate.

She runs outta sp sometimes, but instead competes for kill counts and does some decent cc that way, kudos to the lil drow larafay ;D
    Larafay is {and hopefully will remain so} SUPERB!

However I prefer to stick with Tempys thru 15 then go straight to Natasha at 16 {DV and Deathward}.

The other Lvl 16 Cleric Hire - Isadora - Is also great.

The Lvl 16, 17 and 18 FavSouls however....
    Althea - Terrible
    Nina - Gold Seal Only - Prayer and Mass Aid no reason for this.
    Merenon - Thinks he's a Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Lvl 13 FavSoul - Duerim Guardwell - beats him to it.
    Well I never knew that will be keeping my eyes peeled for that in the future!

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Well player sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Darn, I was rooting for Acceerr.
    Well played sir. Epic. Just epic. +1
    Scarletdalia Windwalker-Air Savant, Syngh Nswing-Ultimate DPS Bard, Kaehlan Amnell-TWF DPS Completionist-in-the-making , Bloodraynne-Human DPS Fvs, Stiel Kaege-WF THF DPS/Tank.
    Leader-Obsidian Dragons, Cannith.