Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XP stone

Community Member

Default is level the issue

my reading of the two screen shots seems to indicate the new one brings you up to the level of the stone instead of that being the min level to use. If that's correct, then the new stone takes you from one to eight. (at least in the case of the one posted) The old ones were min level 8 to use, but took you to 16. Not sure if I'm understanding the intent correctly though, just my initial impression.

Community Member

*Sigh..

Stone is borked at the moment (for those who bought them)

It's pretty simple....

1. Stone is meant to bring ANY character that is between lvl 8 and15, to level 16.

2. Stone can be used on any character that is lvl 8-15.

3. Stones can be used on the same character multiple times IE: Successive lives.

4. Stone can be traded.

5. Stone can't be put ont he AH.

6. Stone shouldn't be used while stoned.

7. Who the heck knows when and if Turbine will actually get them working correctly.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Update on the stones (and I'll add this to the release notes). We've made a configuration change and the Stone will once again work when the worlds open. Existing Stones will work also. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by fennian View Post
    my reading of the two screen shots seems to indicate the new one brings you up to the level of the stone instead of that being the min level to use. If that's correct, then the new stone takes you from one to eight. (at least in the case of the one posted) The old ones were min level 8 to use, but took you to 16. Not sure if I'm understanding the intent correctly though, just my initial impression.
    I am fairly certain your impression is incorrect. In so much as I can ascertain, Stones of Experience (original or extra broken) require a minimum character level of eight to be used. The current kerfuffle with them is that they don't work as specified (specifics being somewhat fluid for the moment) on characters who have used one in a previous life.

If they worked as you proposed, there would be no reason for the Vet I or II account options. Not to imply that Turbine won't do this at some future date as the price point on SoEs is substantially greater than Vet status.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Tks for the info, plse make sure the notes have the full spec on the stones (ie are they time limited, can more than 1 be used by the same toon etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Update on the stones (and I'll add this to the release notes). We've made a configuration change and the Stone will once again work when the worlds open. Existing Stones will work also. Sorry about that!
    Thank you, Tolero.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    how can it be broken? the coding would still be there from before and they would just need to "flip it on", right?
    . . . The coding for the "Buy" tab should still be there, but they managed to break that. Never underestimate their ability to break something. Never.

so those stones I received for purchasing motu vanished, how about you give them back?

I put in a Ticket last night about the Stone not working on my Lvl 11 H-Orc Wizard - Ealdred {Cannith}.

I was told to send a ticket to Turbine Support as In-Game GMs couldn't do anything about it.

I sent a ticket to Turbine Support and replied fully to the E-Mail I got from them.

Will I be required to send anything else to Turbine Support {like that the Stone ?is? now working}?

P.S. The hoops you have to go through when sending a ticket to Turbine Support are in my opinion - ridiculous!
    This is the first time I've had to {other than for Character Transfers - Simple in comparison} and hopefully the last!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    so those stones I received for purchasing motu vanished, how about you give them back?
    Why would they do that? You knew they were going to vanish.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

The QuarterMaster's are investigating the issues with the Stone of XP still. Will bring more info once it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Why would they do that? You knew they were going to vanish.
    He's upset because in certain circumstances they didn't vanish for everyone and he's sad that someone else might have something (as an unexpected bonus) that he doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    ...Will I be required to send anything else to Turbine Support {like that the Stone ?is? now working}?...
    Nope! It should just start working once the servers open. No need to refile any tickets or anything.

So if I'm reading this right - there are some people whose stones of xp from MotU didn't vanish, and they will be working again just like the new ones?

Talk about a nice christmas present.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kale_Hagan View Post
    So if I'm reading this right - there are some people whose stones of xp from MotU didn't vanish, and they will be working again just like the new ones?

Talk about a nice christmas present.
    If they were in a TR Cache they did not "vanish"

It seems the stones are still not working, as seen here.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 12-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    It seems the stones are still not working, as seen here.
    We have folks in world using them successfully, so I'll need a few more details. Is this the Stone from the holiday box or an old MOTU one? (I'm told the old MOTU ones likely have many of the old restrictions on them)

We have folks in world using them successfully, so I'll need a few more details. Is this the Stone from the holiday box or an old MOTU one? (I'm told the old MOTU ones likely have many of the old restrictions on them)
    I'm using a new one, bought yesterday. I've heard tell that the old ones are working, but as I'm unable to verify this, I don't know for sure.

Edit: Tried and old one, and it didn't work.

Another Edit: Something that occurred to me, does the fact that this exact character has used the stone before have any impact on the stone working?
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 12-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

From the description in the SS that's a new stone. They old one still mentions the restrictions around once per account

Posting that my issue was most likely caused from buying it on a different account and transferring it, and was resolved quickly by a GM. My FvS is now getting gear from the bank at level 16.

Update on the Stone - the *one* restriction that is still there is you can't use the Stone on yourself if you are not the original owner of the Stone, but the original owner can target you and apply it if you're in party with them.

Once you open the Holiday Box, the Stone is stamped with ownership by the character who opened the box. So if you're trying to level a friend with the Stone, either hand them the whole holiday box, OR join party and target them to activate the Stone (which will allow you can keep the rest of the box goodies if that's your desire).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast