Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Curious about one thing:

I open a 24th lvl wilderness chest, with +2 loot gem and +2 bonus =28
    I open a 24th lvl chest (from a 22lvl elite quest), with same bonuses =28

They are the same level, right ?, or does the game give these rare prefixes and suffixes, tomes etc only on epic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Ouch! How old do you have to be to *actually* remember that one?
    Well the song was popular at parties all through the 70s, and the movie still gets airplay so I'd say you just have to be more than 10.

Community Member

Gear up for Winter Bonus Weekends! +20% Epic XP Boost, +2 Loot Boost, and 15% XP Boost
    December 6-January 1

This is right off of ddo.com

But the xp only happened for 1 weekend. So what went wrong? I planned to be online more on the weekends and was disappointed when there was no xp boost. Please tell us what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldmurder View Post
    Gear up for Winter Bonus Weekends! +20% Epic XP Boost, +2 Loot Boost, and 15% XP Boost
    December 6-January 1

This is right off of ddo.com

But the xp only happened for 1 weekend. So what went wrong? I planned to be online more on the weekends and was disappointed when there was no xp boost. Please tell us what went wrong.
    Nothing went wrong. "Weekends". +20% epic XP the first weekend, +2 loot boost the second weekend, +15% XP boost the third weekend.
    Last edited by cdr; 12-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    +15% XP boost the third weekend.
    Is this confirmed for >this< weekend as there's this and next weekend yet until Jan 1st.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Yes, I desparately want to know if the heroic xp boost is this weekend or not. GAH!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    If that is the case, then there is a very good chance that a lot of people are wasting money on gems, which is an EXTREMELY good reason for Turbine to chime in and explain exactly how it's supposed to work, how it currently does actually work and when we can expect it to work the way it's supposed to (if it's not already WAI). At bare minimum if a loot cap is in place based on character level, then it's something that should be noted somewhere, particularly on the store description of the gems themselves.
    Some of you may know me. I am on my 30th life. I have been doing a "test" i guess you can say. Since my 12th life or so I have been running a +2 loot gem. I started asking myself why if I run SO MUCH stuff, so much content, etc, why I have no riches. people ask me alot like hey solo, you got alot of good stuff right? i mean you play so much....and the fact of the matter is i have almost never pulled any named loot, tomes or what not. I noticed on some of my alts i been playing recently I pull tomes, etc on a regular basis. then i did sane asylum on my rogue i was running up the lvls. pulled the summon shard half the time and the symbiot half the time as well. and i started thinking. on soloartiste, my main, i never pull that trinket. either one. like i run that quest 13 times per life. now...i think i pulled it once like 4 lives back. but what i ALWAYS do is ALWAYS have a +2 loot gem going since literally my 12th life. i never pull named stuff. So...i let it run out...i didnt run one all of this life, and lo and behold...im pulling named items. i musta pulled the shard and trinkets from sane asylum...you guessed it...half the time. i never pulled named items from say tear...i do now. and it goes on and on...now the "riches" are coming...and after thousands of chests over a long time with the loot gem, i can say this. use it, you will get a higher LVL loot...and you wont pull named items. you will get a higher lvl generic loot. you wont pull named items. i haven been running my other toons with no loot gems and they too pull alot of stuff. hell i ever pull tomes alot too now. i couldnt figure out why after 5 lives i NEVER pull a +2 tome....pulled a few of them so far...and upgrade tomes...yeah i know the tome rate was upped, but i pull alot of stuff now i never did. I think that calls for the devs to re-examine these gems. because i wont buy anymore. they dont give you anything other then higher lvl vendor trash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123