Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We have extended the +2 loot boost until Wednesday, December 12th.
    Um...the 12th? Are kobolds teaching you guys math again?

Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cryohazard View Post
    Um...the 12th? Are kobolds teaching you guys math again?

I want a graphic like this that says something like: "Congratulations, your math just took out a cruiser"

Community Member

and bring your knees in tight!

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Ack, sorry about that, the 19th are the numbers I was looking for

..... >>

amnesia dust in the face! *POOF*
    Last edited by Tolero; 12-17-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
    and bring your knees in tight!
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really does...something...something...

"Where was I?"
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Tolero, can you confirm how the loot bonus intereacts with loot gems in the specific situation of running quests that are higher level than your character?

My Wiz21 gets worse loot in EH VON3 than my Brd25, and it is very noticeable. (Both using +2 gems).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Tolero, can you confirm how the loot bonus intereacts with loot gems in the specific situation of running quests that are higher level than your character?

My Wiz21 gets worse loot in EH VON3 than my Brd25, and it is very noticeable. (Both using +2 gems).
    Maybe Tolero will respond, but assuming I understand the question:

The character level loot cap is the cap; a gem or a bonus weekend or whatever is still going to hit the loot cap.

Using a gem will push the loot level of your 25 up while your 21 is hitting the cap.

Ack, sorry about that, the 19th are the numbers I was looking for

..... >>

These are not the droids cough cough numbers you are looking for... it's really the 31st!
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post

The character level loot cap is the cap; a gem or a bonus weekend or whatever is still going to hit the loot cap.

Using a gem will push the loot level of your 25 up while your 21 is hitting the cap.
    Yeah looking for actual numbers though.

Something like 'level 21 characters won't get anything from loot gems in level 22 and higher quests while this event is on' or similar.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

If that is the case, then there is a very good chance that a lot of people are wasting money on gems, which is an EXTREMELY good reason for Turbine to chime in and explain exactly how it's supposed to work, how it currently does actually work and when we can expect it to work the way it's supposed to (if it's not already WAI). At bare minimum if a loot cap is in place based on character level, then it's something that should be noted somewhere, particularly on the store description of the gems themselves.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Ullikummis View Post
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really does...something...something...
    (drives you insaaane)
    Originally from Thelanis, now on...
    Sarlona
    * Minions of the Coffee Gopher *

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Yeah looking for actual numbers though.

Something like 'level 21 characters won't get anything from loot gems in level 22 and higher quests while this event is on' or similar.
    Numbers from Turbine seem unlikely.

Currently think cap for 21 is at most 25 (CL+4).

VON3 is 23, assume chests are standard so loot level 23. One +2 effect (bonus weekend) will take that up to LL25, the cap for a CL21. A +2 gem will take a CL22 to LL26, or CL23+ to LL27.

Or to put it the way you asked for, level X characters will not get any benefit from loot gems in level X+2 and higher quests while the +2 event is on (2+2=4).

Edit: And of course quests with above-level chests will be even worse for you.
    Last edited by cdr; 12-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    If that is the case, then there is a very good chance that a lot of people are wasting money on gems, which is an EXTREMELY good reason for Turbine to chime in and explain exactly how it's supposed to work, how it currently does actually work and when we can expect it to work the way it's supposed to (if it's not already WAI). At bare minimum if a loot cap is in place based on character level, then it's something that should be noted somewhere, particularly on the store description of the gems themselves.
    I'd say that actually makes the loot gems useless and the sales misleading to fraudulent for anyone but those right at cap.

Turbine needs to chime in on this one way or another

Wink Aha!

Extended, nice! So that's where my +4 Tome Upgrade came from earlier! Thought at first it was crazy luck, but was only doing eNorm Wiz King. Plus, had 2 +3 Tomes drop within 2 eNorm runs of Jungle.

Here I thought I'd missed it, was outta town during the duration of what it was originally. I like these kinds of surprises! Thanks DDO!! : D

Side note: Any news on repairing the bugs in regards to epic weapon upgrades from certain packs? Was not in release notes for patch, nor did I see anything on it from the hotfix. If this has already been fixed, please link me the source. Would like to know when I can upgrade my challenge axe.

Thanks!

Community Member

Hmmm no sleep = typos from devs...I think we may of found the root cause of many bugs...You lot stop doing all nighters and go get some sleep now before you attempt any more bug fixes

for me it's time to go loooting

Community Member

Unhappy

Worked my ass off the last weekend to get my tr up to Epic, ransacked a lot of 23 and 24 quest chests on hard, +2 gem . blessed chests and all....Got nothing of interest.

If it is truly a level on the chests related to your character level, I am currently level 22, I would really like to know !
    A possibility of +5 tomes is miles away from no possibility at all....

Community Member

I've never heard of a 'character level loot cap', the only thing I have heard is:

The Devs (I think Feather_of_the_Sun) have stated that the loot tables go up to something like level 30 or so, and there are things so far up there that we will never see them unless we do the highest level quests/raids in the game on the highest difficulty (elite) with the highest event loot bonus, the highest gem bonus possible and a chest blesser (dragonmark). Not his exact words but I'll see if I can find the quote.

Edit: Forgot that challenge chests are capped at 25 tho, here's the quote I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Chests in Challenges are capped at CR 25. That's intentional. We didn't want Challenges to be the only viable way to get loot, which they would have been if you could get CR 30 chests in challenges, but only up to 25-26 from quests. To get the really special stuff, quests need to be run on Epic Elite, with loot boosts.

Since it seems I was too vague with my hints yesterday, I'll try again. =)

There's a whole bunch of special prefixes and suffixes that have not been discovered yet, because they can currently only be found in endgame Epic Elite content while a loot boost is active.

Thus, it was no surprise when some turned up during the last global loot boost event.

This is just a continuation of how the game has always worked. As you get into higher level treasure tables, new things become able to appear.

Originally Posted by sirgog
    Secondly, are the +4 unbound tomes random loot or are they Elite only drops in very specific chests?

Both. They're in random loot in very high level tables, right where you'd expect to see them given the interval between +1, +2, and +3 tomes- they continue that same pattern.
    Then they're also in Forgotten Realms non-raid quests on Epic Elite difficulty as bonus treasure that will occasionally appear.
    +4 tomes are in the raid, Caught in the Web, on any difficulty, while Epic Elite also has [REDACTED], which I'm sure many of you have already guessed.

Regarding people using Raiding the Giant's Vault to gauge treasure tables: Bear in mind that the two side chests at the end of that quest were intentionally given negative modifiers by the designer of that quest. They're lower level than the quest level. That's one of very few places in the game where chests don't match the quest CR.
    Last edited by MrkGrismer; 12-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    Let's do the time warp again!!
    Ouch! How old do you have to be to *actually* remember that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Ouch! How old do you have to be to *actually* remember that one?
    Damn was hoping to be the first to say it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast