Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default /stuck Command Increase

As of today, the number of times per day you may use the /stuck command has been increased to be once per hour. This rate may be adjusted again in the future. Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!

\o/
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

While I'm very pleased with this and I personally want to say thank you Turbine, did not all the bugs not get worked out with people getting stuck and stuff?
    Still here.... Deal with it.

I don't have an attitude problem, you just can't stand that I'm adorable.

Much better.

Hopefully you have added code to auto-capture /stuck data with /loc and auto bug report for review by Dev's.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedra1 View Post
    While I'm very pleased with this and I personally want to say thank you Turbine, did not all the bugs not get worked out with people getting stuck and stuff?
    Ask Kasquick from my shroud run yesterday - he got bumped into one of those shrine trees on pt2 and we had to AOE the poor little guy cause he was stuck.

As for more /stuck uses: good news. Thank you.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thank you for addressing a growing problem for customers, it's a nice compromise with the current problems and the issue of abuse with unlimited stuck.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default /stuck

Wow! That's a huge increase! Thanks Turbine. Should ease the pain for some of us...
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Hopefully you have added code to auto-capture /stuck data with /loc and auto bug report for review by Dev's.
    This. Genius. Needed.
    Ghallanda - Deltree (Rogue 11), Niecih (Cleric 14) Pemn (Barb 8), Ehseri (Sorc 3) - Blackmoor Defenders

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thank you for increasing the /stuck command; hopefully this timer works better than the once-a-day command!

I wonder, though, why the sudden increase when this problem has been going on for months... if you have this capability, why not increase it when this became a major issue? It was my understanding (from another dev post) that the 24-hour limit was hardwired into the system and *couldn't* be change without major overhauling, with the implication being that they were going to focus on fixing the issue instead.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Very nice!!! Thank you for your attention on this!

Next up:

Fall damage. Please make a new command:

/rezmehjusttookathousanddamagefallingonsolidgroundf romazeroaltitudepositionkthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Thank you for increasing the /stuck command; hopefully this timer works better than the once-a-day command!

I wonder, though, why the sudden increase when this problem has been going on for months... if you have this capability, why not increase it when this became a major issue? It was my understanding (from another dev post) that the 24-hour limit was hardwired into the system and *couldn't* be change without major overhauling, with the implication being that they were going to focus on fixing the issue instead.
    i got the implication that it was hard-coded, and therefore was going to take a while to change... but that they were working on making the change. presumably, it finally got finished.

This was very needed, and we appreciate it being done. As far as I can tell though, this change didn't require a patch or even a server restart... So why not do it A MONTH AGO when the problem started, rather than waiting until AFTER your attempt at fixing the problem failed?!

Now, if patch 16.1 made this change possible, and that before that you could not change the timing on /stuck without a patch and/or reboot, that I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    i got the implication that it was hard-coded, and therefore was going to take a while to change... but that they were working on making the change. presumably, it finally got finished.
    Arakiel fast tracked it while they were working on the physics fixes

We did see significant improvement in terms of quantity of players affected, but it's not buttoned up as tight as we'd like. A few more adjustments should round up the outstanding ones.

Ultimately we decided that /stuck is very helpful in multiple situations (there are some places in the game world where a stuck spot must be hand-fixed by quest folks). 1 an hour should should be harmless and helpful for everyone.

Now all we need is a /MOBSTUCK command to unstick mobs from walls.

Man that's a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post

If they keep making changes like this, I might not have any more 3-hour waits for a ticket response due to being unable to complete a quest from something stuck in the wall! FYI: this was long after I left the quest.

There actually is one, although it's kind of dangerous to use as it can target more than just monsters (plus some things that don't look like monsters are monsters on the back end). Forcing monsters to do things can sometimes brain out them + everything in the dungeon that was dependent on them =/

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    There actually is one, although it's kind of dangerous to use as it can target more than just monsters (plus some things that don't look like monsters are monsters on the back end). Forcing monsters to do things can sometimes brain out them + everything in the dungeon that was dependent on them =/
    This one/post isn't showing up in Dev tracker why?
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

/admin doesn't suck.

Did you use it once, and the mobs started being real life forms? Did you play god again? Oh, puny humans....
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Too bad. Maybe if it worked on something you had hard targeted, since a lot of times there are portions of the stuck monsters you can click on and kill with DOTs.

Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast