Default I need an advice on whether to choose Rogue Ranger or Rogue Paladin

As the title says...

Im relatively new to the game and so far, I'm really enjoying it. I've read a ton of infos about the 1rogue/1fighter/18ranger (f2p 28 pt human build) and the 2rogue/18paladin (f2p 28 pt human build) on the net and I'm trying to choose which of the two I'm going to roll with as my main as I explore the world of Eberron.

I have 700 TP that I got from grinding favors on all servers. I'm thinking of saving my TPs for buying some adventure packs to help me level.

So, can anybody help me decide on which class i should choose? Any help would be appreciated...

On a side note...if you know a better newbie solo explorer class, feel free to post it here....

Oh and don't be fooled by my join date...I did join last 2010 but never got around in playing the game. Took me two years to give DDO a try. lol.
    Last edited by nitronova; 12-13-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Community Member

Rogue/Ranger tends to have the better synergy.

Several class skills are shared, such as stealth.

As for Rouge Rangers...

erm...

I got nothing.

Googling images for "rouge ranger" gives a lot of interesting results...
    Sé que soy un irresponsable y un mal profesional, y puede que esté desaprovechando la oportunidad de mi vida. Lo sé, pero tengo una tonter?*a en el coco: no me gusta tomarme el DDO como un trabajo. Si lo hiciera no ser?*a yo. Sólo juego por divertirme.

Edited. Thanks for the observation. lol.

Community Member

Pure artificer(P2P) and 2rogue/18PM (F2P) are both excellent alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Magico_Gonzalez View Post
    Googling images for "rouge ranger" gives a lot of interesting results...
    clearly it's the french power rangers. i wonder what kind of vehicle the rouge ranger drives. i bet it deals lots of fire damage though, which would make certain quests really frustrating.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nitronova View Post
    I've read a ton of infos about the 1rogue/1fighter/18ranger (f2p 28 pt human build) and the 2rogue/18paladin (f2p 28 pt human build) on the net and I'm trying to choose which of the two I'm going to roll with as my main as I explore the world of Eberron.
    It depends on what you want to do with your character:

• Like having a mix of TWF & ranged DPS with full trap skills and some decent buffs & self-heals? Go with rog-splashed ranger; see my Tempest trapmonkey.
    • Want to focus just on melee and have higher saves, more HPs, and even better self-healing than a rgr? With maybe some tanking potential? Go with rog-splashed paladin like EllisDee37's.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

[QUOTE=unbongwah;4809734]It depends on what you want to do with your character:

• Like having a mix of TWF & ranged DPS with full trap skills and some decent buffs & self-heals? Go with rog-splashed ranger; see my Tempest trapmonkey.
    • Want to focus just on melee and have higher saves, more HPs, and even better self-healing than a rgr? With maybe some tanking potential? Go with rog-splashed paladin like EllisDee37's.
    [/QUOTE

Exactly the builds that I was looking at during my research in the forums. I rolled both. The trapmonkey on Cannith and the eva Pali on Kybher.

2 rogue / 18 PM is nice too...but im leaning on melee atm.

Thanks for the replies.