Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Introducing Adepts - a raid mentoring program

As the game ages, a growing gap between veteran raiders and newer players has put a wedge in our community. In general, pug success rates are down, the amount of LFMs being put up has diminished, and more and more private channels are being created each day.

It was the kindness of power gamers I came across that encouraged me to grow as a player from the wide-eyed newb I once was. 5 years later, I am a well-known, successful raid leader on our server. Seeing how far I have come, it is time I put my knowledge and experience to use and help better the community.

The new mentor program, appropriately labeled Adepts, will be targeted towards newer, inexperienced raiders wanting to break into the raiding world successfully. Whether you want to organize and lead raids, or simply learn how to do those nasty abbot puzzles you never had the chance to master, Adepts is targeted to help the general pugging population as a whole. Adepts will not only give you access to my own knowledge, but an array of experienced, veteran power gamers from my own guild and other endgame guilds on Thelanis.

My primary objective is to teach and train the next generation of raiders and power gamers. A general outline of the program:

RAIDS

• forming raid parties
    • party make ups and screening people
    • balancing raid groups
    • assigning roles, buffs and other general leadership duties
    • how to handle griefing and correct mistakes
    • anticipating and recovering from errors
    • puzzle proficiencies
    • common courtesy and communication ethics
    • looting norms and ethics
    • knowing your role and following directions
    • raid communication

EPICS

• general party make ups
    • how to form and run regular epic quests
    • scroll farming techniques

REINCARNATION AND LEVELING

• planning a leveling path
    • speed leveling techniques
    • past life benefits and general character progression
    • twink gear and tools for successful exp farming

GENERAL

• networking the newer generation with the older experienced veterans
    • increasing the amount of LFM’s and promoting a healthier pugging environment
    • raising server-wide success rates of raid pugs
    • provide inexperienced players a means to advance to the endgame community

You are not required to join a guild to participate in the mentor program. The mentor program will consist of an in-game chat channel, web forums and dedicated ventrilo server.

New! Link to our new forums: www.adeptsddo.com

Anyone who wishes to participate in our program is more than welcome to request ventrilo and channel access. There is also the option to volunteer as a mentor in the program, sharing your knowledge and experience with the new generation. Several times a month raid seminars will be held to openly discuss raid tactics and techniques, with follow ups of live demonstrations (such as practicing tiles or completing an epic raid)

You can contact me for more information about the program via PM here on the forums, or signing onto my vent directly and paging me.

Adepts vent info:
    server: Strontium.typefrag.com
    port: 48159
    password: piker

Those interested in joining, please sign up on our Forums and request access to the Adepts group. The rest of the information you need will be on our forums. Feel free to contact me on this thread or via PM if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Edit: Much information has changed recently, including the website and vent server actively being used. Existing members, please update your bookmarks and vent server information accordingly so you log onto the correct ventrilo server.
    Last edited by protokon; 03-21-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

<reserved>

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Good to see this get off the ground. This is a great idea that has long been in the works.
    Officer of Renowned

Where I live? I'm sure it exists... somewhere.

Nice to see things like this going around... Good to know there are still people who want to better the other end of the population, and even those in between.

Member of aLiclan

Fivefnger ~ Ozika ~ Permafrozt ~Achozen ~ Aeruan ~ Ozkilleran ~ Ozjamz
    All of Oz's Evil Twins listed here in Red

Copy Cat.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Copy Cat.
    Sorry clay! didn't mean to steal your thunder and become a competitor

2014 DDO Players Council

Copy Cat.
    Not true, he's teaching people how to do the raid, not how to get drunk for a raid or piking

I can't speak Khyber though so I'll settle for explaining the difference in predictive dance.....
    *cues emotional music*
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    Sorry clay! didn't mean to steal your thunder and become a competitor
    Different targets I think... but count me for mentoring. i already have a lvl 25 ship for Mentor Program... seems wasteful to start a new one. Can rename the guild if you want to use it. Inferus Adepts Mentor Program?
    Last edited by Clay; 12-12-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Great idea Proto, well done.

I'd like to get involved somehow, I'm not ready to mentor anyone but will support where I can.

Different targets I think... but count me for mentoring. i already have a lvl 25 ship for Mentor Program... seems wasteful to start a new one. Can rename the guild if you want to use it. Inferus Adepts Mentor Program?
    Appreciate the offer clay, as of now the majority of the program is actually made up of already guilded folks who are just registering on our forums for the events. I will run your offer by vinton and the other volunteers to see what they think, I don't think the guild boat is very important at the moment (considering we have an 85 ship we can invite those guys to anyhow) but I'll get back to you on that one.

Default nice

great idea .. would be nice to see more pugs succeed in end game content either the more demanding raids or simple epics ...hope it works out and those puggers that r eager and able to learn from the more experienced players and be able to lead or participate in more end game content succesfully.
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)

I'm in. The server has been needing this program baaaad. Good to see it finally coming together.
    Last edited by Cryohazard; 12-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

For those wanting to participate, We've simplified the process on accessing our forums.

Visit our site, www.inferussus.com (and register - it's the exact same type of forums ddo uses, vbulletin) and use the following link:

http://www.inferussus.com/forums/pro...editusergroups

NOTE: this link is also on our homepage so you don't have to look around for it.

Then simply click on the user group you wish to join, either mentor or member, depending on your intentions with the program. All the information for ventrilo, the chat channel, and access to our forums are done through this.

There's no more need to PM myself or vinton, granting you access is all automatically done now! You can still PM me with questions, comments or concerns though.
    Last edited by protokon; 12-12-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Community Member

I'm in too.

Guess I'll take on the role of: "The very new guy that makes everyone else look better" which seems to be a crucial one.

Community Member

Neat!

Would you be horribly offended if I stole some of these ideas for my backyard?

Thumbs up

Great program, thanks for setting this up.
    Proud Officer and Member of the Exploration Society Thelanis Server
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV." Morty
    *Dunkurk Qirva Donnar Zoraida Dolvar Zorg Salii Smally Kungfugee Kruknud Smully Warfrog*

Don't listen to Clay. He copied his idea from me.

Great job though (+1). If you see me on and need a hand, just let me know.

Ren
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    Neat!

Would you be horribly offended if I stole some of these ideas for my backyard?
    Absolutely! I welcome other servers to start programs like this, the more help we can get the general pugging community across all servers, the better.

Psst, I've been mucking with things. I have one more change todo, but it appears my provider decided to go kaboom. Site should be back up soon if you are getting time outs.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Site is back up.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast