Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So in other words it's hard coded into the game to make it a pain in the axe to get the holy grail of weapons for every given class then? Great!!! :/
    JèrséÿÐ

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyD View Post
    Ive killed the Rare Encounter guy 3 times now and no Moon Hallows Axe. What am I doing wrong? And yes I have the map from the Wiki and I'm killing the right guy. he always drops a bag with a useless collectible and his chest never has the Moon Hallows Axe in it. Is it because I'm level 10 now? is it because i use a hire?
    Welcome to the "joy" of farming for rare loot drops. AFAIK, there's no penalty to drop rates for being overlevel, using hires, etc.; you just have to keep doing it again & again & again until you get what you want. Your best bet might be to throw up an LFM to see if anyone else needs to farm for 3BC gear; more players in your party means more chances for random drops and hopefully nobody else wants Moonhowl.

Thx Unbongwah, Guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing then. I've killed him 4 times so far now. I'll post back here when I finally get it. Just hope it's not after the hundredth kill or anything lol
    JèrséÿÐ

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Don't forget to check the Auction House; most of the new 3BC gear is BtCoE, so you might get lucky and find someone selling Moonhowl. For that matter, it's a great way to sell anything you happen to pull from the other 3BC rares.

Thx Unbongwah, Guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing then. I've killed him 4 times so far now. I'll post back here when I finally get it. Just hope it's not after the hundredth kill or anything lol
    The 3BC slayer items I know of are 20% chance per chest, and I would expect the Moonhowl to be the same. On average it should take you five chests to get it.

However, the Moonhowl Axe is a marginal low-level item and likely not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    The 3BC slayer items I know of are 20% chance per chest, and I would expect the Moonhowl to be the same. On average it should take you five chests to get it.

However, the Moonhowl Axe is a marginal low-level item and likely not worth the effort.
    20%? i'm not so sure about it... some 3bc items are easy to get but not all, i needed ~50+ chest opens to get Chieftain's Spear, i have ransacked all my chars and even made some new with vet II just to ransack that rare and delete after ransack. The most funny about this spear was that i found it on ah 2 days after it dropped for 3k pp... yes, i have very bad luck for named items

Smile Finally !!! :)

I just got it. been making runs to that chest at least once every day since my last post. My Bards level 16 now btw
    Anyway feels good. I feel like a real Bard now with my dual-wielded Elyd Edges and my shinny new Moonhowl Axe
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Moonhowl_Axe

Thx all for the advice
    JèrséÿÐ

I just got it. been making runs to that chest at least once every day since my last post. My Bards level 16 now btw
    Anyway feels good. I feel like a real Bard now with my dual-wielded Elyd Edges and my shinny new Moonhowl Axe
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Moonhowl_Axe

Thx all for the advice
    Congratz

Not getting it earlier must have been good karma waiting for that red slot
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

scepter of healing just got a niffty buff. and it also uses charisma for attack/damage.

Cool

A Guildie of mine just gave me this a few days ago.It's like the Moon Howl Axe on Steroids
    The Mad Lute http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Mad_Lute
    He kept asking me to let me know when i hit level 18 with my Bard and when i did he happily surprised me with with this beauty
    Last edited by JerseyD; 04-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    JèrséÿÐ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12