Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ElbionTcob View Post
    I am a HUGE personal fan of Shadow Dancer.

The SA damage is fantastic if you shoot enough. As well as you can get +6 Int out of it, which gives +3 Spell Dc's/Xbow Dmg with Insightful Dmg.

Get the Executioners/Shrouding Shot, with some Dex you can get some instant kills. As well as they give extra damage on the whole volley. As far as I can tell at least. As well as some neat clickies as gravy on top.
    Executioner's shot still seems bugged to me. When I tested it (with a DC of 42 iirc) it killed 1 mob out of countless attempts (40+). The devs claim its DC is fixed now, and the tooltip for example shows the correct DC value, but something isn't right - its simply not successfully proc'ing on my arti.

Shadowdancer has great utility from the +Int, 6d6 SA and defensive benefits so the instakills are the icing, but it'd still be nice if they worked as advertised.

To expand a little on how I see the EDs:

Shiradi is a good destiny, but in a way very self-contained. If you go Shiradi, you will suffer much lower DCs on tac det and prismatic, meaning you have to rely on the ED's cc (i.e. whistler and pin). I think a shiradi focused arti would be one that emphasises xbow use above everything else (this may change if SC is fixed to proc from runearms too) with ap spend and feats to reflect that. The arti doesn't gain as much utility from SC as a wiz or sorc however because artis have no access to magic missile type spells that spam a large number of low cost missile per cast. You could to an extent offset the weaknesses by twisting +5 DC from magister and draconic, but the cost to do so is lower saves and general defence.

SD is a great destiny for the arti. The only thing you really lose is additional sp from the ED. You gain superb defence (evasion, lithe, untouchable, shadow form), good damage (6d6 sneak attack), and a boost to spells (+5-6Int). If and when instakills are properly fixed, SD will become the perfect fit for an arti imo. You can twist in magister's +3DC, possibly draconic's +2DC (though this may be optional depending on how high your Int is), leaving a twist for additional reflex saves or fort saves, along with maybe something like boulder toss, wild shots, or energy burst for nuke damage. An ideal set up in fact would be tier 4 energy burst, tier 2 magister +3DCs, and tier 1 draconic dragonhide (+6 fort, no fail on a 1). With this set up, you have pretty much all bases covered: good spell potential, good ranged damge, solid defenses including evasion, (limited) instakill, and (limited) nukes.

DI is good for a nuker, and offers some decent defense. Its oriented at the arti who emphasises spellcasting over ranged damge, however in theory it may offer only similar or lower DCs vs shadowdancer (DI has more stuff that you'd want to take like energy burst, flyby attack, energy vortex etc leaving you short on ap to spend on +Int). You'd probably spec for acid, use corruption of nature, and go to town on anything not acid immune. Flyby attack makes up for not having evasion in some circumstances (e.g. leap through traps).

Fatesinger is an interesting ED, in that it looks far weaker on paper than it is in practice. You have some nice damage buffs (reign for example is superb) and other utility stuff but you do lose a lot by not having +Int options. On balance, its a transition ED but very few artis would choose it as their main ED once everything has been max'd out.

Magister is very defensively focused, and has some interesting ways of mitigating risks for particular situations (e.g. sigils that help with PRR or with elemental resistance). I think it will be a niche destiny for artificers however, as there isn't enough offensive capability in there for an endgame arti who uses ranged and runearm as much as possible. You can load up +6Int, and there isn't as much of a dilemma with spending ap on other abilities, so I guess it could work for a spellcasting arti who is reliant on his own spells for damage as you do get 250sp more than you would if you went into shadowdancer.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12