Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what is this?

This MotU thing, is this free to VIPS or an add on we are expected to buy?

Is it really worth 30$ ?

What are the opinions of it so far?

It's an expansion not an update. That bit of wording paves the way for it not being free to VIPs, and must be bought by all.

It's an expansion and most mmo's charge for those and in my opinon its well worth it I bought the collectors edition(no longer availabe) and yes its worth it fun quests, nice loot, nice xp just to bad its in the better they were forgotten realms

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

so is this the only one available right now? and do they add patches to that as well? i have read that there is some buggy stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue100000005 View Post
    i have read that there is some buggy stuff in it.
    There were bugs introduced with the expansion, but they are game wide not specific to the MotU content.

There have been several updates since the expansion, adding content that all VIPs have access to, as well as trying to address the bugs (slowly).

One thing to point out, the expansion is all for post-level 20. I do not know much about you, but just based on these questions it seemed worth pointing out that if you do not yet have a level 20 character then you have some time to consider buying the expansion packs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by THOTHdha View Post
    There were bugs introduced with the expansion, but they are game wide not specific to the MotU content.

There have been several updates since the expansion, adding content that all VIPs have access to, as well as trying to address the bugs (slowly).

One thing to point out, the expansion is all for post-level 20. I do not know much about you, but just based on these questions it seemed worth pointing out that if you do not yet have a level 20 character then you have some time to consider buying the expansion packs or not.
    That is helpful to not, i have a little bit of time being that i have mostly been playing lower level toons
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by THOTHdha View Post
    There are two Level 19 quests also.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

It's definitely worth it. The quests are much more interesting than eberron quests, and if you ever decide to stay capped (20+), you'll find the majority of players here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    There are two Level 19 quests also.
    And the Druids chain is 17 Heroic 23 Epic. The Challenges start at CR 15. Most of the content is currently meant for Epics, but it seems they intend to develop CR 16+ content (so stuff for after the flagging quests).

Can you get to the FR at all without the expansion? I bought the Collectors edition, so I quit paying attention to access after that. So could you buy the druids pack and still use it without the expansion?
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 12-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Blue100000005 View Post
    This MotU thing, is this free to VIPS or an add on we are expected to buy?

Is it really worth 30$ ?

What are the opinions of it so far?
    don't waste 30$ on it, is disgusting to see they keep that prices actives (since has been months that you can find it in the store)

there's nothing in that pack that worths that money, neither in the game

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    don't waste 30$ on it, is disgusting to see they keep that prices actives (since has been months that you can find it in the store)

If I wasn't VIP I wouldn't buy the Druid's Deep pack, the named loot is Bound on Equip anyway so you can barter for whatever you need (if you are a rich vet).

oh yeah, the Harper's favor reward from the Druid's Deep pack is useless and broken but that's a different story
    Last edited by CaptainPurge; 12-14-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: clarified I'm talking about Druid's Deep in my initial response

Anyone who tells you not to buy it is butthurt over something.

It's worth the price alone just to get the helll out of Eberron and away from most of the crybabies there.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    And the Druids chain is 17 Heroic 23 Epic. The Challenges start at CR 15. Most of the content is currently meant for Epics, but it seems they intend to develop CR 16+ content (so stuff for after the flagging quests).

Can you get to the FR at all without the expansion? I bought the Collectors edition, so I quit paying attention to access after that. So could you buy the druids pack and still use it without the expansion?
    Yes, you can get there without the expansion and yes one could buy the Druid's Deep pack, as well as the High Road pack, separately, though subscribers already get them as part of their subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Don't buy the pack, the named loot is Bound on Equip anyway so you can barter for whatever you need.

oh yeah, the favor reward is useless and broken but that's a different story
    The favor reward from the expansion is useless? I'll tell it to all those people walking around in cormyrian dragonscale and everyone using planar confluxes, they must have missed the memo.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

I bought it when it first came out and don't regret it.

These days, I spend pretty much all my time in the Forgetten Realms and I'm still having a blast.

The Epic destineis do have some bugs but the vast majority of abilities are working just fine (and are a heck of a lot of fun )

Lots of good loot and some well thought out quests (opinions on this may vary ). The 3 slayer areas are also fun to play around in although the Demonweb can be a pain with it's floating islands and shifting web paths.

Do it!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post

As mentioned the Druid's chain is a separate pack. One of my friends bought that without buying the expansion. I took him (and another friend that bought the expansion) thru the three spinner quests, as well as rift, with the character in my sig (17th level) and then we went to eveningstar and did the Druid's chain, so you can certainly do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

I personally think the expansion is worth it. There is one trap no one should fall into however. I would make certain you purchase the epic destinies before you reach 20. From 20 on each and every experience point to collect also counts towards epic destiny xp. I did not purchase the expansion until my main character hit 22 so I missed all that xp going toward my destinies

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    The favor reward from the expansion is useless? I'll tell it to all those people walking around in cormyrian dragonscale and everyone using planar confluxes, they must have missed the memo.
    I thought he was talking about the Druid's Deep pack (Harpers favor), as I was referring to the post immediately before mine.

The actual MOTU expansion is another matter and worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post

lol if thats english...your doing it wrong

IF you plan on playing awile,or want to get into epic destinies or content above level 20 yep i would get it

If you want to explorer the new content and features, it is 100% worth $30. There are tons of fun quests, features, and a new town where as people have mentioned, is pretty much the hub of most high level players. However, if you want to save a few bucks there was recently a 75% sale and while I am not sure if there will be another 75% off sale there may be a 50% one sometime in the future. You can also find all the features of the expansion in the DDO store. If you really want to play the new content though, I do not think you will regret paying an extra few $ to do so though.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast