Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How rare is the hide of the goristro?

Where, exactly, does it drop? Is it possible that a BTC one drops in the chain reward list?

What's the best way to farm it?

(I won't be able to open the hidden chest in trial.)

Community Member

According to the wiki, it drops from the hidden chest and the end chest of Trial by fury. It should also have a chance of showing up in the end reward list for the demonweb chain, though I haven't seen one yet.

I've pulled a couple...That's super unhelpful, I know

I recommend buying the level 4 Shadowdancer Epic Hire....He can eventually pick the lock on the secret chest, at least if you can buff him with Greater Heroism. That should double your chances.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

I can never find this secret chest. I am so lost in there...

Based on the idea that BTC version can drop in the chain reward list -- hopefully increased in chance every third run -- I've been running the entire third chain every day for over two weeks now. That should be two chances per day. so 30 chances.

I've yet to see a single one drop, and I need a 1 in 6 version (+8 con) and would prefer a 1 in 24 version (of stunning +10.) Having not seen a single one in 30 chances I'm starting to get discouraged.

At this rate I could be farming this chain once a day for the next two years before I get the one I need. This doesn't seem properly balanced to me. I mean, it's nice armor and all, but not "farm every day for years" nice.

In the meantime, in these runs I've pulled two spidersilk robes and well over a dozen planar confluxes. So I'm wondering if the goristro droprate is messed up.

I saw it dropping both in the secret (bottom) chest and in the goristro chest, obviously.
    I don't have accurate numbers, but I'd say 5+ in a total of probably 40+ runs (2-4 men mostly).

That was a while ago though (2 months?), I don't run it often lately.

I absolutely never seen one in the end reward list, I wouldn't rely on that.

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Like the Torc, it drops when you're not looking for it =/ I can confirm it dropping in end chest and secret locked chest, but I've never seen it on the end reward list.

@Mindos, it's near the last shrine; where you go up the and there are a bunch of small spiders waiting for you, and a little beyond where there's a couple of driders waiting past a bridge. There should be a gap on the left wall where you can drop down.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Don't have numbers too... but it is relatively easy to get one. To find the one perfect for your build... not so much.

I think the drop rate is like all others armours of the demonweb.

Okay, I'll stop running the full chain then. It annoys me to have to bring a hire anyway, so I don't particularly care for that last quest.

Quote Originally Posted by notte.oscura View Post
    I don't have accurate numbers, but I'd say 5+ in a total of probably 40+ runs (2-4 men mostly).
    Figure 120 pulls yielded 5, so one per 24 runs. With 24 flavors, that seems (to me at least) to be unusually punitive; 576 runs to see all flavors. That's a year and half to get the exact one you want, running it once every day.

You can't even group to try to win it on a roll like torc because it's unbound until equipped. It would be like trying to roll on an LDS in shroud.

All in all, I have to say, not a fan. Big thumbs down on putting multiple random effects on named loot and then making each one super rare. If it were as common as planar focus, including dropping in the chain reward, then it would be fine. As it is, I call shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by jbleargh View Post
    Don't have numbers too... but it is relatively easy to get one. To find the one perfect for your build... not so much.

I think the drop rate is like all others armours of the demonweb.
    I'm skeptical of this. I've pulled at least three spidersilk robes, but I've never seen a goristro hide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Okay, I'll stop running the full chain then. It annoys me to have to bring a hire anyway, so I don't particularly care for that last quest.

Figure 120 pulls yielded 5, so one per 24 runs. With 24 flavors, that seems (to me at least) to be unusually punitive; 576 runs to see all flavors. That's a year and half to get the exact one you want, running it once every day.

You can't even group to try to win it on a roll like torc because it's unbound until equipped. It would be like trying to roll on an LDS in shroud.

All in all, I have to say, not a fan. Big thumbs down on putting multiple random effects on named loot and then making each one super rare. If it were as common as planar focus, including dropping in the chain reward, then it would be fine. As it is, I call shenanigans.

I'm skeptical of this. I've pulled at least three spidersilk robes, but I've never seen a goristro hide.
    Just bad luck as far as not having seen any version at all... But your math that dicatates 576 runs to get the exact one you want is way off. You're assuming that you will pull a different version each time.

Items like this, on a rare list and with differing properites are likely the rarest int he game. It's like trying to get an E-shard for the RoSS from ADQ.... 1 in a bazillion...

Good luck though... I/m sure you will pull it about 1 week when something more appealing for your build comes out

I only properly farmed the spiderspun caparison... First I pulled a relatively useless +8 dex, kept running and got the +8 wis that my monk is wearing.

I pulled a Goristo, a Embrace of Spider Queen and the wizard one during normal leveling (3 characters X ~5 repetitions of the whole chain).

I think they are much easier to get than the Ivy Handwraps, Firebreak, Leaves of the Forest, etc... and the drop rate is infinitely better than stuff like bauble, rss, torc, etc.

II think they are much easier to get than the Ivy Handwraps, Firebreak, Leaves of the Forest, etc... and the drop rate is infinitely better than stuff like bauble, rss, torc, etc.
    Well, not better than torc. Torc gets a 20th list.

Well, not better than torc. Torc gets a 20th list.
    If you are lucky and get the Torc in the 20th list. I didn't... and gave up on that too.

Also without raid bypasses: 20 demon queens = 60 days.

I bet that if you don't give up you will get a Goristo in less than 2 months.

It is all about luck anyway.

Got the Antipode in my name in the 3rd run of CitW. Got a eardweller (when it was a amazing item) in my second run.

Ransacked Weapons Shipment for months and never got a bauble.

I farmed the hard version Ivy wraps since the launch of U15 till 2 weeks ago.

Tried to get an epic hard Firebreak in the same runs as the Ivy Wraps and nothing. The Firebreak chest is always there but the Ivy Wraps one only roughly 1/4 of time.

Luck is the most important ability in DDO
    Last edited by jbleargh; 12-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.

I've farmed Trail by Fury a good bit. Not sure how many runs, but I have pulled 3 hides.. 2 in the bottom chest (on epic elite) and 1 in the end chest (on epic normal). The ones I pulled are: +3 con/shatter, +3 str/shatter, +8 con/stunning... I have also farmed the chain and have not seen a single hide in the reward list. There is a path in this quest which can allow you to run to the bottom chest quickly. You should bring an invis clicky though. And as for opening it... grab the lv24 rogue hireling, use a GH clicky on him, then activate his showtime ability on his hotbar, and he will open it. Make note of the time when you first open it then calculate 7 days from then and write it in you bio so you know when the ransack timer is up. (ie. tbf -- 2am dec14). Good luck.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

I pulled a handful when I was still running the full quest for Stone Heart farming, threw them on the AH. You could always check there. I'm pretty sure one was a 8 Conner, too.

Community Member

My suggestion is to keep any hides that you do get to pop, and to let your guildies know you're looking for X. Chances are, someone else will find one that you want, and you'll have one that they want.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

I do check the ah, thanks for the tip Kinerd. And that's not a bad idea, sandy.

If you are lucky and get the Torc in the 20th list. I didn't... and gave up on that too.

Also without raid bypasses: 20 demon queens = 60 days.

I bet that if you don't give up you will get a Goristo in less than 2 months.
    But that's the problem I have with this kind of loot lottery.

Every adq I make progress, getting closer to the next 20th list. (My wizard got his torc on his 40th list, my pally got his on his 20th list. I fully expect to never pull named loot in end chests.)

With goristro, I agree that I will probably get A goristro in the same two months that I got my wizard's torc, but only 1 out of 6 goristros will actually function for me. It would be like if torc had the same droprate as now but only 1 in 6 of them had the transform kinetic energy effect. Would that seem reasonable?

Wink

Best way is to convince someone to open the Hidden Chest, I made a video for newbs. Is not that hard. It had the best drop rate.
    ~2 per 7 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I can never find this secret chest. I am so lost in there...
    Check my video, is old but still working.
    Last edited by Ssdprref; 12-12-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Okay, with a little gear-juggling I can get my OL to 52, so 72 if I roll a 20. This can be pushed to 74 if I luck out and roll a 20 while under a 20-second skills action boost.

Is 72 sufficient to open the hidden chest on eHard? I just confirmed that 69 is not, but that was the absolute best I could get before swapping gear around.

EDIT: Oh, and since it seems pretty clear that he chain reward doesn't have a chance to drop it, that means I've been skunked after a mere 15 chances. That's not nearly as bad as I originally thought.

what is the dc of the lock?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast