Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Grats!

Sounds like grinding the AH was a lot easier than the quest =P
    Snakpak-Anslet-Gretto-Ardrhys
    Dnb-Neurotech-Caniponu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My main got his via the farming outlined in this thread about a week ago. That means I started in late November and got it in early January, running it multiple times a day every day using three different alts. I never did get the exact one I originally wanted; it took that long just to pull a +8 con of any kind. But it turns out I'm happier with the one I pulled than the one I wanted.

Last week there appeared a +8 con of vertigo on the ah, starting bid 14k no buyout. This was a perfect fit for my ranger, and boy was I drooling. A guildy helped finance me, since I only had around a million plat on my account. He hit me up with another million, allowing me to get in a bidding war without having to collect outbid returns from the mail to place new bids. Or so I thought.

By the time the auction was down to 10 seconds left the bid was up to 180k. Then I jumped in, expecting to wow them with my big money bids. Ha! the bidding war commenced:

-I placed a 300k bid, got outbid
    -placed 500k, got outbid
    -placed 1 million, got outbid, ran and collected the 3 returned mails to get back to 2 million
    -placed the default bid, got outbid, ran and collected plat from mail
    -placed default bid again, got outbid again, ran and collected plat from mail
    -placed default bid a third time and WON!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Turns out I won it for 1.2 million. This means I'm all done with goristros, having acquired two for my two alts that needed them. Both are perfectly attuned to my builds, so I'm super psyched.

All that's left is to sell off the five I pulled and didn't need. One has already sold for 750k buyout, so I'm even back in decent shape plat-wise.

Best of all is that the epic altar bug is being fixed as I type this, so I'll be able to finish both my melee gearsets (they're the ones who needed the goristros) tomorrow. Couldn't be happier!
    /sarcasm on I Hate You /sarcasm off

I pulled 2 today (+8 str & +8 con, both with Tslice) on 32 pulls.

Thanks for the vid links.

edit: This was on EE and it seems the skill needed was 80
    KoS Knights of Siberys - Cannith
    Wife: MY gynecologist said I can't have sex for 2 weeks. Husband: What did your dentist say?
    Founder # 815

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Both are perfectly attuned to my builds, so I'm super psyched.
    Until Turbine adds a new best in slot armor ...

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    Until Turbine adds a new best in slot armor ...
    Then all the smart people who didn't waste time farming the same quest eleventy billion times and instead farmed easy salable items and played the AH in the meantime, have the millions of plat and tradables to just buy it outright without ever having even run the quest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123