Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Hidden Chest

Just buy a Bell of Opening from the DDO Store to open it. They're cheap, and I actually got a Hide of the Goristo the one time I bothered to open that chest with a bell. You never know.

Default Thx...

Thx for the video SSD! Now I can see where ya drop down. I really didn't pay close attention the first couple of toons I ran it on. It also didn't help that the map was broke after u15 or 16...
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

IIRC the open lock is somewhere in the low 80's for both EH en EE.
    No idea if EN has a lower DC, but lock DC's tend not to scale much with quest difficulty.

One of the highest (useful) locks to open.
    Triumore - Triu - Broktar
    Mitis Mors

IIRC my guildy told me he farmed this chest with an epic Rogue hireling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    IIRC my guildy told me he farmed this chest with an epic Rogue hireling.
    This was the greatest tip ever, thanks much!

At first I thought those were only from the store, but nope, you can indeed buy the 20/4 rogue hireling for around 1200 plat. Total score. And he can open the lock on eHard, though I did use showtime. Not sure if you can use that if you don't have a haste boost, but it seems to only be +2 to his OL so probably not required.

Before, I was spending about an hour doing the whole chain each day, in what turns out to have been a mere 1 chance at the hide. Now I'm spending around 10 minutes each day and getting 2 shots. This is far, far more tolerable.

Thanks much all! I'll post back when I actually pull my first, and then pull the one I need, for posterity.

EDIT: Unfortunately, now even if I pull the perfect one I need I can't equip it because I won't be able to swap the +6 con on my buccaneer ring to heavy fort thanks to the epic altar bug. And word from the devs is I won't be able to do this until U17, which is months away. Very sad panda.

Make sure you guys buff your rogue hirelings. It sure makes it easier.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This was the greatest tip ever, thanks much!

At first I thought those were only from the store, but nope, you can indeed buy the 20/4 rogue hireling for around 1200 plat. Total score. And he can open the lock on eHard, though I did use showtime. Not sure if you can use that if you don't have a haste boost, but it seems to only be +2 to his OL so probably not required.

Before, I was spending about an hour doing the whole chain each day, in what turns out to have been a mere 1 chance at the hide. Now I'm spending around 10 minutes each day and getting 2 shots. This is far, far more tolerable.

Thanks much all! I'll post back when I actually pull my first, and then pull the one I need, for posterity.

EDIT: Unfortunately, now even if I pull the perfect one I need I can't equip it because I won't be able to swap the +6 con on my buccaneer ring to heavy fort thanks to the epic altar bug. And word from the devs is I won't be able to do this until U17, which is months away. Very sad panda.
    +6 con is ultra easy to get... go run some TOD and related quests for belts and necklaces and the chance for some set bonus

The heavy fort can sometimes be a bit complicated to slot but maybe you can go for something like the spare hand belt... good luck!
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    +6 con is ultra easy to get... go run some TOD and related quests for belts and necklaces and the chance for some set bonus

The heavy fort can sometimes be a bit complicated to slot but maybe you can go for something like the spare hand belt... good luck!
    I may not have been clear.

The +6 con on my buc ring is just a placeholder while I farm up +8 con from a goristro hide. Once I get the goristro, I need to change the placeholder +6 con into heavy fort, which is currently the eldritch rune on my dt armor.

+6 con isn't the issue, because I'll have +8. Heavy fort is the issue. Best I can figure currently is to bank the buc ring and craft a +5 dex of heavy fort ring, which nets me -3 reflex saves. This particularly stinks because it's for an evasion build, so it's a real downer.

I'll post back when I actually pull my first, and then pull the one I need, for posterity.
    My wizard finally finished his epic elemental essence ring so he joined in the daily runs last night. That gets me to 4 chances per day.

So far, 29 chances in, and still haven't seen my first hide. Starting to get as worried as I was in the OP.

Today was a banner day in terms of teases. My pally pulled one (+3 dex of vertigo) in the end chest and my wizard pulled one (+8 str of shatter) in the hidden chest.

Of course I can't use either, but now at least I know with my own eyes that these things are dropping on eHard in the two chests I'm farming. First one dropped in my 34th chance, second in my 37th.

Two drops in 37 chances puts me at just under one in 20, so with four chances a day figure one every five days.

I require +8 con, which is 1 in 6, and would like stunning +10. If it stays at one drop per 5 days that's a month to get the one I need and 4 months to get the perfect one. Tolerable, I guess.

(To clarify, the previous post was made before my two runs yesterday.)

Where, exactly, does it drop? Is it possible that a BTC one drops in the chain reward list?

What's the best way to farm it?

(I won't be able to open the hidden chest in trial.)
    I have done 20 Epic Elite runs to the hidden chest with the lvl 24 rogue hire, no luck.

Pulled my third hide today, another dex +3. They have different tactical buffs, though, so I', keeping all 3 in my shared bank hoping against hope somebody someday will trade with me. heh.

That's 3 hides in 45 chances so far.

Starting to get discouraged again so I got my ranger into the action yesterday.

He's not epic capped yet, so no completions for him. He also isn't twisted up like my pally and wizard are so he takes even longer than my wizard to kill the final boss, but whatever, he can solo farm it on eHard so he's been drafted into service. (My pally absolutey destroys the end boss with adrenaline'd exalted smites.)

The ranger only got the final chest yesterday, but today I figured what the heck and tried the level 23 epic hire. I gave him 14 tries unbuffed just to see if he could do it -- I never buff the 24 guy in any way during my farming -- but then I got impatient and scrolled GH on him and clickied his showtime. Maybe a half dozen tries later he got the hidden chest open, and this was eHard. Woot!

No hides of course, but now I'm up to 6 chances per day. Still having only pulled 3, I'm now at...(calculating)...

3 pulls in 80 chances = 3.75% (1 per ~27 chances)

Unfortunately, bringing my ranger into it has only made things worse because (*cries*) he needs one too.

EDIT: The first 15 or so runs in this farming, back when I was running the whole chain and skipping the hidden chest, were run on eNormal. The subsequent 65 chances have all been on eHard.

Pulled my fourth today, of course again it's not +8 con (it's +8 dex) so I can't even use it as a placeholder. Super frustrating.

That's 4 pulls in 110 chances = 1 in 27.5 = 3.6%

If this holds then it should be 1 every 4 or 5 days with getting 6 shots per day.

Pulled my fourth today, of course again it's not +8 con (it's +8 dex) so I can't even use it as a placeholder. Super frustrating.

That's 4 pulls in 110 chances = 1 in 27.5 = 3.6%

If this holds then it should be 1 every 4 or 5 days with getting 6 shots per day.
    At least you can sell the one's you don't want and maybe buy the one you do want on the AH.

I finally pulled a +8 con of tendon slice goristro today on my second chance, the hidden chest on the first run. That makes it 130 chances to get my first +8 con.

I'm actually pretty stoked it's tendon slice. More useful than shatter or vertigo since I never sunder or trip, and because it's not stunning I have no reservation now about swapping out stunning blow for cleave. All in all, an ideal drop for me.

I may or may not take a break before farming one out for my ranger. What I do know is that the armor is sickening ugly, so I have to now go through every appearance kit to find the best one. heh.

EDIT: GAH!!!! Stupid epic altar bug, I can no longer wear my ring of buccaneer but instead have to craft a +5 dex of heavy fort ring. Super double-plus lameness.

EDIT 2: I stopped farming as soon as I pulled that one, planning on waiting a bit before starting the ranger's odyssey. However, today (1 day later) a friend wanted me to run her through the final chain to finish her citw flag which I did, and of course pulled a hide. And of course, +8 dex, not con. Now I have 5 hides I can't use in my shared bank. heh.

Wink

Hi ,

Sorry to ask , but what is your main class ?
    I mean a goristo with +8 dex is not so bad to have
    And you can find + 8 constitution object at AH trinket / belt..
    But i guess that you want this one for good reasons
    I finally pulled a +8 con of tendon slice goristro today on my second chance, the hidden chest on the first run. That makes it 130 chances to get my first +8 con.

I'm actually pretty stoked it's tendon slice. More useful than shatter or vertigo since I never sunder or trip, and because it's not stunning I have no reservation now about swapping out stunning blow for cleave. All in all, an ideal drop for me.

I may or may not take a break before farming one out for my ranger. What I do know is that the armor is sickening ugly, so I have to now go through every appearance kit to find the best one. heh.

EDIT: GAH!!!! Stupid epic altar bug, I can no longer wear my ring of buccaneer but instead have to craft a +5 dex of heavy fort ring. Super double-plus lameness.

EDIT 2: I stopped farming as soon as I pulled that one, planning on waiting a bit before starting the ranger's odyssey. However, today (1 day later) a friend wanted me to run her through the final chain to finish her citw flag which I did, and of course pulled a hide. And of course, +8 dex, not con. Now I have 5 hides I can't use in my shared bank. heh.
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    Hi ,

Sorry to ask , but what is your main class ?
    I mean a goristo with +8 dex is not so bad to have
    And you can find + 8 constitution object at AH trinket / belt..
    But i guess that you want this one for good reasons
    Belt is my greensteel and trinket is my crafted devotion of resistance +5. Dex +7 is on my buc ring.

Your best chance is to post that your looking for one at your server's trade thread. Or go in game and drop a line in the trade channel. If you put the right price up there you're bound to get a response.

My main got his via the farming outlined in this thread about a week ago. That means I started in late November and got it in early January, running it multiple times a day every day using three different alts. I never did get the exact one I originally wanted; it took that long just to pull a +8 con of any kind. But it turns out I'm happier with the one I pulled than the one I wanted.

Last week there appeared a +8 con of vertigo on the ah, starting bid 14k no buyout. This was a perfect fit for my ranger, and boy was I drooling. A guildy helped finance me, since I only had around a million plat on my account. He hit me up with another million, allowing me to get in a bidding war without having to collect outbid returns from the mail to place new bids. Or so I thought.

By the time the auction was down to 10 seconds left the bid was up to 180k. Then I jumped in, expecting to wow them with my big money bids. Ha! the bidding war commenced:

-I placed a 300k bid, got outbid
    -placed 500k, got outbid
    -placed 1 million, got outbid, ran and collected the 3 returned mails to get back to 2 million
    -placed the default bid, got outbid, ran and collected plat from mail
    -placed default bid again, got outbid again, ran and collected plat from mail
    -placed default bid a third time and WON!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Turns out I won it for 1.2 million. This means I'm all done with goristros, having acquired two for my two alts that needed them. Both are perfectly attuned to my builds, so I'm super psyched.

All that's left is to sell off the five I pulled and didn't need. One has already sold for 750k buyout, so I'm even back in decent shape plat-wise.

Best of all is that the epic altar bug is being fixed as I type this, so I'll be able to finish both my melee gearsets (they're the ones who needed the goristros) tomorrow. Couldn't be happier!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast