Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shroud runs galor

EVERYONE ON SARLONA,

Friday, Fire of the Dragon Guild leader "Foaly" is running 45 shroud runs in a row join in the most consecutive shroud runs ever ran on Sarlona to date.
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Amazing!

So foaly when are you starting this enterprise? Which difficulty will you be running?

Ontem - Sarlona - Barbarian

People like you are why our server is mocked for only doing shroud.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

What time is he starting?

I have one character at 99 completions, one at 19, and one other that can run it.

I'd love to come.

But only for three of 'em.

elite, and about 10 AM mountain time
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    People like you are why our server is mocked for only doing shroud.
    it's the only raid!

I have no idea what time 'mountain time' is in the UK, but I'd love to join for at least 20 runs.
    Mausetrap / Meowingtons / Ppuple / Mausegurl

Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by 777atheaven View Post
    i have no idea what time 'mountain time' is in the uk, but i'd love to join for at least 20 runs.
    gmt -7.

Default curious

I am a true barb.i am curious at times when i should just keep on walking by,,,why 45 runs?you'll be ransacked after 7 runs, stripped by 10 runs which means youll be pulling no loot from all the chests and absolutely hideous(if any at all) endrewards. i mean,can cleansings and dopant be pulled from ransack rewards lists?i am not a grind glutton so ive never ran multiple raid runs like this and i am curious as to what you are doing here. i mean whats your overall goal?
    its not completions or you would stop at 20 or 40 right?help a curious barb out here please.
    MANIXIUM 3rd life barb, NOTURHEALER 2nd life electric savant, MIGHTYMANI 25 horc monk, SUPERMANI 2nd life arty, SERONIX 2nd life wizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seronix View Post
    I am a true barb.i am curious at times when i should just keep on walking by,,,why 45 runs?you'll be ransacked after 7 runs, stripped by 10 runs which means youll be pulling no loot from all the chests and absolutely hideous(if any at all) endrewards. i mean,can cleansings and dopant be pulled from ransack rewards lists?i am not a grind glutton so ive never ran multiple raid runs like this and i am curious as to what you are doing here. i mean whats your overall goal?
    its not completions or you would stop at 20 or 40 right?help a curious barb out here please.
    its for completions I have 28 completions on Foaly and i'll need 7 more runs after this to get 3 Items cleansed.

Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    its for completions I have 28 completions on Foaly and i'll need 7 more runs after this to get 3 Items cleansed.
    I'm amazed at the fact you need 4 shroud accessories on a single character.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

This. The most any character should need is two, and that is for casters to have both a SP and a HP item. Melee only ever needs one. The days of guard builds being effective are past since EE mobs do damage in the hundreds and have HP in the thousands. Conc Opp itself is outdated now, too, for the same reason. Even the almighty torc is sometimes difficult to use in EE because getting hit is so unforgiving.

In my mind, the best GS items are enervation guard (I know I said guards are pointless but this one is a bit different-- level draining an EE mob can knock off several thousand HP and it lowers their saves making your spells more likely to be effective) and smoke (20% perma blur makes arcanes happy they don't have to spend SP on you and it allows you save a gear slot for something else; the displacement clicky is also amazing for tough spots).
    Last edited by djl; 12-13-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Community Member

I assume he is wanting to work on completionist or possibly has another TR plan.

I would hate the fact that I was on ransack for most of those runs. Wouldn't it be better to do this over a 7 week period so you can get some loot out of it? I am not criticizing you or anything, it is just what comes to mind.

Good luck Foaly, I remember you did a great job healing a 6-hour EE run we were in together so I am sure there won't be any problems with the heals in your shrouds. If you haven't given up by evening I will try to join a few with my various toons to help out after I am done working.
    Last edited by slarden; 12-13-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I assume he is wanting to work on completionist or possibly has another TR plan.

I would hate the fact that I was on ransack for most of those runs. Wouldn't it be better to do this over a 7 week period so you can get some loot out of it? I am not criticizing you or anything, it is just what comes to mind.

Good luck Foaly, I remember you did a great job healing a 6-hour EE run we were in together so I am sure there won't be any problems with the heals in your shrouds. If you haven't given up by evening I will try to join a few with my various toons to help out after I am done working.
    Yeah, he's fine as long as you have him on squelch.

i'll actually have 5 shroud items

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    This. The most any character should need is two, and that is for casters to have both a SP and a HP item. Melee only ever needs one. *snip*
    You're forgetting one, the immunity item, immunity to fear/blindness/disease/poison is great to have... er, part of it is still great.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    You're forgetting one, the immunity item, immunity to fear/blindness/disease/poison is great to have... er, part of it is still great.
    except now it doesn't give immunity to disease and poison, just + 6 to saves or something lame like that

Community Member

Would you like to know an interesting thing about a sheep?

srry about what happend lost the internet till just now -.- someone hacked our internet and comcast took their sweet ass time fixing it =.=

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

On the bright side, Turbine is apparently going to earn some money off timers this weekend, and will be able to pay the devs another week.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast