Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinion: after the enhancement update is live, what would YOU like next?

Hello Khyber,

This server has a lot of smart players, and curiosity makes me ask this:

A while back, MadFloyd posted a series of "Let's talk" threads.
    One of which was "what do you most want to see next?"

The overwhelming favorite was "finish the prestigue classes".
    Hence the enhancement update, which is still in progress.

Assume its is sometime in 2013.
    The enhancement update has gone thru extensive Xoriat trials,
    and is now live with most of the bugs dealt with.

Assume there are some Devs who don't work on bugs,
    and need something new to do.

Assume something has been done to provide more bank space.

Assume MadFloyd did ask us again, "what do you most want to see next?"

What would your reply be?

Community Member

Personally, I want to see some more quests back in Ebberon. We've got a few storylines in progress; the Truthful One remains at large, and surely we haven't seen the last of the Daughters of Sora Kell either. And with how he was left when we last saw him, Arraetrikos was in a position to regain a lot of power quickly as well, potentially eating the essence of the fallen First General.

I'm still kinda hoping for a quest/raid that feels like an airship battle. Manning the cannons, repelling boarders, moving to board another vessel, perhaps even a large fleet engagement where the raid group needs to split into 3 or 4 groups and make their way across a chaotic aerial battlefield. I think that would be really cool if done well.

Fixing the UMD bug first. That's probably not a huge one (it was only introduced when a small change to weaken UMD was made around update 3 or 4, reverting that change would solve it)

Secondly - fixing the broken XP system (which might be quite a lot of work - not just a quest by quest rebalance, but fixing the badly designed ED XP mechanics, removing the incentives to mindlessly grind trivial content and so on).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I'd like to see some more eberron content as well. It would be nice to have some new content to play through while grinding out TR levels (quest levels 13, 15, and 16 especially could offer some new content imo). Also, if you talk to the guy in the twelve, there are options to go to lamania and somewhere else as well as amarath. It would be fun to actually be able to go there. I feel like I would farm xp a little less if there were a few more quests in the 13-15 range.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Community Member

Default this

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Fixing the UMD bug first. That's probably not a huge one (it was only introduced when a small change to weaken UMD was made around update 3 or 4, reverting that change would solve it)
    Yes this. How long as that UMD bug been around? It is time for a fix is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Secondly - fixing the broken XP system (which might be quite a lot of work - not just a quest by quest rebalance, but fixing the badly designed ED XP mechanics, removing the incentives to mindlessly grind trivial content and so on).
    The XP and ED issues are a whole other animal.
    RTFM on Khyber

Shifters, Changelings, and/or Kalashtar as player races.

Community Member

Default Chaos and a machinations at Equilibrium…

Here's where I would like to see the storyline go:

With the gateways or linking of the two worlds through Lolths schemes I would like to see a continuation of this joining process between two worlds...something along the lines of the Forgotten Realms abyss and Nine Hells flooding or taking from Eberron's Abyss and Nine Hells. We (our character) would enter or access the madness from the Eberron link to the Devils Battlefield. Gods and rulers and overlords all taking some level of interest...all possible fodder for our characters progression :-)

Seems like there's whole areas not explored in Shavarath, so far we seen the devil/demons side only haven't we.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    Personally, I want to see some more quests back in Ebberon. We've got a few storylines in progress; the Truthful One remains at large
    This is it for me. It was the storyline that this game was built on and it deserves and ending.

More level 15-19 quests that give good xp. Or maybe rebalancing TR xp to not be so irritating at those levels.

Community Member

I would start with fixing all the bugs after they release a broken system.

Mmmm. Underwater combat. Really underwater. Like the swim skll matters.

Also. World events.
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Shifters, Changelings, and/or Kalashtar as player races.
    I dont see changelings as adding much to ddo but shifters and kalashtar yes please and since they wouldnt take much proably changelings to but with kalashtar they need to really add psionics though.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Smile Roleplaying would be nice

I would like to see some dialogue options with NPCs so you can actually roleplay your character and have different storylines/outcomes in quests. Or at least flavor the dialogue according to class, race, or alignment.

I've only seen one instance of this and I thought it was pretty cool. When I played a paladin I talked to a couple in the Inspired Quarter that wanted to get married but had an issue (rival houses or something that prevented them from marrying?). My paladin had a dialogue that seemed only available to either paladins or Sovereign Host followers. I persuaded the couple to go ahead with the marriage and I got a shiny sword!

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

-Keep at least a new class a year flowing. DnD has a TON of them. Psion and its kin and offshoots, duskblade, hexblade, etc etc.

-Make summons not suck. (Because even when they're souped up by that druid buff, druid past lives, and augment summoning, Only a few of them are even ever worth casting.)

-fix xp. Longer quests need to be buffed. Higher level quests need to be buffed. Its incredibly silly getting some of your highest xp/time ratios halfway through your levels, then being close to stranded xp-wise at higher levels.

-Weapons that FINALLY definitively oust the ESoS as the weapon of weapons. The thing is still the 'general-use king' 5 levels past itself, and by the time we're talking about, there may even be more generic epic levels.

-Finish/advance some of the big storylines. Some of those bad guys have been biding their time for QUITE A WHILE now. Its about time they strike back or something.

-MUCH more bank space. Or have some better way to store 240920824 different unique named items, like say THIS example:
    "Trophy case: Gianthold. This case has a spot for one copy of each named item from the Gianthold area. Items in this case may only be removed in public areas."

-Fix Threnal and Necro 1-3 flagging issues.

-make us able to look at the LFM panels from our char select screen.

-If the toon was logged out last in a bank, make us able to view that toon's bank contents from the LFM screen.

-Epic Korthos.

-Randomization of things in quests. Trap locations, mob locations, mob types, mob abilities, mob buffs...

-true "high seas" adventures.

-Aerial combat. Also airship to airship combat. Bonus points if its a raid capping off an aerial based storyline, and one person in the raid pilots the ships while the others man cannons, fight off boarders, or board other ships themselves to kill THEIR pilots.

-I wouldn't want it to become a new standard by any means, but at least one or two "mega raids," with more people allowed in them. Perhaps a zany "boss rush" style one. :3

I don't want much! Honest

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

More Epicinated old packs, or f2p quests.

Selling them separately to the Heroic version wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

In fact, I'd probably do it like upgrade tomes where it's cheaper to upgrade to the epic version if you own the base pack, but you can buy both heroic and epic as a single purchase for less than the heroic version + upgrade to epic cost. I don't think you should be able to buy just the epic version since everyone would do that.

Could translate that to just "more content to play at cap", but I think this is the easiest way to do it.

I'd also really, really like it if we had a universal difficulty adjustment such that EE = Quest level 26. Maybe do the same for EH and EN, but I care less about that since that's not end-game per se. That way there's incentive to run quests that aren't:
    - U16
    - CiTW
    - End of List
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuitentooty View Post
    I would like to see some dialogue options with NPCs so you can actually roleplay your character and have different storylines/outcomes in quests. Or at least flavor the dialogue according to class, race, or alignment.
    Oh yeah, I didn't even think of this. It'd be a big project, but I would very much approve of it.
    Last edited by ScarletIncubus; 12-12-2012 at 06:58 AM.

I would think that a new player race would be too much for the asking, but that would still be my first choice.

Perhaps on a slightly more manageable budget, a new explorer area with quest chain for lower levels (3-9 maybe) in Eberron would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Replying before reading the previous replies.

I have 3 characters on Khyber so hopefully I count as a Khyber resident.

I'd love to see "The Little People Pack":
    Goblins invade Stormreach's Sewers - Goldscuttle leads the Kobold resistance ably abetted by Edlin {Sorc Trainer in the harbour} and The Exile {FavSoul Trainer in the Marketplace} - Kobolds can now be Player Characters.

This pack also introduces The Gnome Race to DDO as Player Characters {Along with new Quest Chain in House Cannith}.

I'd also like to see:
    1. The Temple of the Sovereign Host get a Makeover into a Divine Portable Hole.
    2. Word of Recall adapted to allow teleportation to:
    The Catacombs - Silver Flame {requires making The Catacombs a Public Instance like Delera's Graveyard}.
    House P - Undying Court
    House C - Lord of Blades
    House K - Vulkoor {outside VoN 3}.
    3. Dwarven Faith - Use Realms Gods Please!
    4. A proper Teleporter in the Harbour {Or Inspired Quarter Gates removed so Harbour and IQ become ONE Instance!}.

i want them to tone down the massive power creep
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast