Community Member

Default Interest check: Roleplaying guild in Thelanis

Hello all. After a search through the forums, I have yet to find anything resembling an active roleplaying guild here on Thelanis. Although I have found a few threads asking about one.

So I recommend we make one.

This whole process is new to me (I don't even have a character on Thelanis yet!) but I'm sure together with some like-minded people we could start one and get it crawling along before too long.

Obviously being roleplaying and brand new, it will be difficult to get off the ground, so I suggest a modest start: the assembly of like minded people. People who would like to focus on developing a character and enjoying a story.

Stage one of the guild life will be slow growth. Roleplay when multiple people are on, group outside the guild when others aren't on, solo if you feel like it... And my hope is that this will eventually evolve into a large enough group that you suddenly will find yourself in stage two, logging on to find a handful of guildmates actively roleplaying around the peak times.

So, poll of interest: Anyone?

Community Member

Traffic is really slow in here, especially for RPers, so don't expect a massive reaction. But don't forget that only a fraction of players use the forums, and an even smaller fraction of those will ever poke their heads in this section.

There are active RP guilds still on Thelanis, the weekly server event Thelanis Thursdays looks to still be active (not on my timezone though so I've not seen it first hand, but the thread is still active). So poke your head in tomorrow and say hi to your fellow RPers. As for my lot we're a light RP group mostly based in the european timezone, been going since first beta which makes for a nice family feel. We don't often get new members but the few who have walked through the doors have soon become part of the family.

If you want to start your own RP guild try making RP parties in game. You will get some eejits that don't read the LFM and try to join any way, but I'll swear those eejits just spam join to every LFM without even looking at the options. So you may want to start talking via /tell before accepting an applicant, just to make sure you are both on the same page.

Just remember RP is niche in most MMO's, but it's there if you look for it.

Fight fun
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Me me me me me!

Community Member

Hahaha. Yezra: noted. If this ever gets off the ground you will be the first to know.

this probably won't happen until the new year though. so in the meantime: merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Community Member

I actually am interested in roleplaying. I've tried several times on various MMOs and it's never been very exciting

If anyone can keep me having fun (even if we just follow the structure of the quests), put up with my erratic playtime and assure me we won't be just sitting in the tavern, I'd be happy to come along

Though I'm not really interested in being in a guild. I know that may complicate things a bit, but if you can put up with all the annoyances I just listed, shout

My Thelanis toons are Naate Dogge (is a roleplay name, according to the bios I always do for my character), Barrian Selmy And Bjorinn Oakenshield (rep for the first person to guess the influence)

Community Member

Keep me in mind. If its a UK friendly time. If its actually questing with ears/mic. Tavern rp is ok for about 15min. I'd be more interested in a static/group/character/time. As an old DM i'm full of idea's and it would be nice to meet some characters who 'see' this game as i do.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Great timing. I have not played this game in a bit but I just picked it back up. I do remember a somewhat small group of RPers on Thelanis that had some really strong roleplayers at its core. I'll be looking around for some of them over the next couple days. Guess I will looking for you too! btw: last known character was Aerdric Locklin, I think. If you see him say hi!

Community Member

still looking for rp's?

If you all are still looking, stop by the Phoenix Tavern and go up the ramp on Thursday nights to the loft. RP is still alive on Thelanis, though quieter than it has been in the past.

Feel free to say hi to me on any of mine if you see me around (Magarette (smudge), Nuadia, Kerta, or Lillari). I'm friendly and don't usually bite.

There is RP on other nights in the Phoenix, but it is hit or miss. If I'm free though, I'm happy to play!
    Characters of note:
    Cannith --Smudge, Lillari, Thrallia, Urja
    Thelanis -- Magarette, Nuadia, Kerta, Sayata, Urja

Community Member

http://www.thelanisrp.enjin.com/members

someone just started this...Think I will hop on board.