Default Proposed Runearm feat changes.

What I would like to see, is a feat added, so i can just drag it to a hot bar, using a standard hotbar shortcut to fire my runearm.
    (please note. the existing feat is fine, and it is definately useful, don't change anything other than the wording of it.)

With the current implementation, there is no "fire" rune arm feat, the feat we have, just automatically recharges the runearm.

To actually fire the runearm, we have to bind a key (default is left alt). I dislike this solution.

I would like to have the ability to fire the runearm from my offensive spell hotbar. However at the moment without exact knowledge of which hotbar shortcut I'd like to use, it's rather difficult to do, and if I change a hotbar, I need to traul through my key bindings to altar it.

In picture terms
    What we have is this.

What I want is this

Last edited by fTdOmen; 12-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Community Member

I unbound the ALT key an bound my fourth mouse button to fire the runearm it is better and faster than a hotkey.

Not a bad idea, i have mouse 3/4/5 bound to specific hotbar shorctuts (bar 7, #7,8,9) though that always ends up being improved sunder, stunning blow, stunning fist, trip or an sla's / spammable spells on casters.

on an artificer, i would have dragged rune arm fire, into the same place.

Sadly it's not possible with the current implementation.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 12-11-2012 at 12:48 PM.

I ignore the feat (as i really really hate having it always charging)

instead I just use 'v' to charge shoot as I desire
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

I don't see the problem. During my arty lives I would just have it charge and set a hot key for the fire button. Was not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxallu View Post
    I don't see the problem. During my arty lives I would just have it charge and set a hot key for the fire button. Was not hard at all.
    Please tell me how bind mouse 4 or 5 to firing a runearm, without breaking my existing setup for every single other one of my characters.

The current runearm setup is not particularly elegant.

I'm not really asking for changes to functionality, the current feat is already just an auto charge.

I just want a feat that works exactly as the use rune arm key binding in the options menu.

I'm kind of surprised nobody else seems to think this would be a useful addition.

Community Member

/signed.

I guess. I don't really get what it is you want. I have no issues firing my rune arm, but just because something works for me doesn't mean it can't be made easier for someone else.

My rune arm is keyed to the ` key.

Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    /signed.

I guess. I don't really get what it is you want. I have no issues firing my rune arm, but just because something works for me doesn't mean it can't be made easier for someone else.

My rune arm is keyed to the ` key.
    my runearm is currently keyed to the ` key as well.

lets say though, that i've got an offensive spell hot bar, with tac det, blade barrier, electric orb on it, if the rune arm firing was a feat, i could simply drag this into that hot bar and fire it off with all my spells.

as it is currently implemented, it's next to impossible to use a hot bar short cut to fire a runearm.

I just want the functionality expanded to also allow a runearm to be fired from a hotbar, in much the same way we use SLA's, spells, and tactical feats.

Default my process

I hot key runarm fire to the "E" key and then hot bar and hot key the Runearm feat to the "Q" key. so I can arm and fire on the fly.

Just how I manage, it works well for me.

/signed

I also use ` to use the runearm. It isn't hard, or cumbersome, but that key has to be the runearm key for every character now.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

Community Member

/signed

When I first saw this thread I was thinking "yeah, right" but as I read through it I have to agree, it would be nice to just have it as a dragable hotkey item. I find the alt to be extremly cumbersome. I know I could re-bind it but that, too, is cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    /signed

When I first saw this thread I was thinking "yeah, right" but as I read through it I have to agree, it would be nice to just have it as a dragable hotkey item. I find the alt to be extremly cumbersome. I know I could re-bind it but that, too, is cumbersome.
    Thanks, I figure most people will pass over this thread. I just hope this gets noticed.

I've found I really enjoy my arti life thus far, and this simple change would be enough for me to buy a character slot to actually have one full time.

I just underwent another Arti life and this still annoys me. Hopefully now with a new Dev team someone could take this on board?