Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

I like most of them tbh, it just depends on what character i'm playing & the concept behind them But some of the things that i particularly enjoy as twists (or potential twists once i got enuff fate points):

Rejuvenation cocoon - if you have a blue bar, take it if you have decent devotion spellpower (eg. divines, druids, pallies, rangers) then it's pretty much a no-brainer twist, especially if you've taken the empower healing feat - it's just THAT good, and only tier 1!

Meld into darkness - +100% dodge chance (bypassing normal maximums) for 15secs.. could be one of those rather neat tricks for a tank to twist & use in tricky situations.

Energy sheath - fireshield, but also for acid or lightning! ok a little situational but twisted it temporarily & it made life considerably easier when trudging through a worms gastrointestinal tract...

Boulder toss - don't be fooled by the fact its from a melee destiny, this is awesome for caster types, particularly artificers or the ol force based archmages since its physical damage which is boosted by the force/kinetic lines.. my record for this is an 8.5k crit on a helpless mob, and typically hits on a non-crit for 1100-1700... for no SP, can't really go wrong.

Wild shots - not as much damage as boulder toss, but you can throw it at a group & hit them all for 500-800 non-crit.

fey form - 7/cold iron DR & +15 universal spellpower.. pretty nice for anyone who casts spells.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Rejuvenation cocoon - if you have a blue bar, take it if you have decent devotion spellpower (eg. divines, druids, pallies, rangers) then it's pretty much a no-brainer twist, especially if you've taken the empower healing feat - it's just THAT good, and only tier 1!
    For context, it's a heal-over time that does 5d6 per tick, which is 17.5. Cure serious wounds does 3d6+21, which is 31.5. Roughly half of cure serious per tick but with 4 ticks and it's cheaper than cure serious since it metas for free.

Rock solid if your spell-based healing is good but not great. My pally views it as "meh", since his cure serious for 22 sp will hit for ~300, but my ranger is quite taken with it. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    For context, it's a heal-over time that does 5d6 per tick, which is 17.5. Cure serious wounds does 3d6+21, which is 31.5. Roughly half of cure serious per tick but with 4 ticks and it's cheaper than cure serious since it metas for free.

Rock solid if your spell-based healing is good but not great. My pally views it as "meh", since his cure serious for 22 sp will hit for ~300, but my ranger is quite taken with it. heh.
    My rangers CSW still hits for 250 and I still love cacoon. First it's so much cheaper than maximized csw. 2nd it gives a huge temp hp cushion which allows the heal over time to work to greater effect. If im down 500 points this is by far a better heal for me than csw as it will heal all the dmg and unless im under really heavy duress it provides enough temp hp to keep me from getting too low on hp in the meantime while the hot does its work.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    My rangers CSW still hits for 250 and I still love cacoon. First it's so much cheaper than maximized csw. 2nd it gives a huge temp hp cushion which allows the heal over time to work to greater effect. If im down 500 points this is by far a better heal for me than csw as it will heal all the dmg and unless im under really heavy duress it provides enough temp hp to keep me from getting too low on hp in the meantime while the hot does its work.
    Is coccoon maxmimizable? Wiki only lists empower heal, enlarge and quicken. If not, that's a big hit to the healing potential.

My self-healing melees only use empower heal, never maximize.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Is coccoon maxmimizable? Wiki only lists empower heal, enlarge and quicken. If not, that's a big hit to the healing potential.

My self-healing melees only use empower heal, never maximize.
    Nope, it's as the wiki states, the only thing to actually boost the healing done by it is Empower Healing - iirc they all worked on lammania initially and at that point it was 200+ hp every couple of seconds, ridiculously overpowered & allowed you to be virtually indestructable. On my deep-splash melee fvs it will typically heal for 200-300hp total over the whole duration so i rarely ever have to use the more powerful & expensive Heal spell, which is otherwise the only healing spell i have on him (varies somewhat as the healing only applies while there are some temp hp remaining.. good PRR or other mitigation helps, wouldn't be so great casting on a barbarian with light armour & no blur) and if under heavy duress, fire one then the other

I even have this on my archmage.. granted i have very little spellpower for that type, but 150 temp hp when running through a trap, or in the few moments between a mob starting to attack you & then turning into a small pile of ashes can be a big help, as well as letting me provide some emergency support to party members. Also, although the healing portion won't help a PM, the temp HP still apply, which makes a handy buffer for them to recover a bit through death aura, or fire off a negative energy burst.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Doesn't anybody get a kick out of Shadow Manipulation? It's like having a super-duper charm spell without the hassle of having to fight the mob when the spell is over. Also great for repositioning the mobs when you need to sneak past.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

+1 for rejuv cocoon. it provides great service to my splashed ranger. frees a feat (maximized cmw), making room for overwhelming crit. yay.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    So now that I have it on my ranger, I love it. His CSW now hits for 250 with empower healing spell, but I don't use it except for emergencies. Almost all of his healing comes from rejuvenation cocoon. The only downside is the 30 second cooldown.

My pally doesn't bother with cocoon, though. His healing and torc-iness are just too good to need any help.

Community Member

rejuvenation cocoon. The only downside is the 30 second cooldown.
    The cooldown is 12 seconds according to DDOWiki. And in my experience, I can slap a second cocoon almost immediately after the first one stops ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    The cooldown is 12 seconds according to DDOWiki. And in my experience, I can slap a second cocoon almost immediately after the first one stops ticking.
    Ah, so it is. In my defense, 12 seconds feels really long. heh.

For paladins, adrenaline is probably the single best destiny ability around. This makes fury the preferred destiny for pallies.

Of note is that even when you run out of exalted smites, adrenaline is still quite powerful with divine sacrifice.
    noob question here does the rage with that effect spellcasting or is it just so short duration that it doesnt matter? bah its like the spell rage and not the barbarian rage, ok feeling stupid now.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 02-11-2013 at 02:47 AM.

twf toons seems unable to notice primal t4: symmetric strikes...
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

I honestly expected Ascension to be mediocre, but I really wish it was twistable. 2 minutes of 50% incorp and +100 to light and healing spellpower is pretty awesome, but the way it synergizes with the rest of EA is the crazy fun. I've seen routine 1400-point Divine Wraths while Ascended, both on damage and healing, and a 300pt archon crit.

The most fun, though, is the two-minute godmode if you use it as a resurrection. The very first time I used it, I'd had bad luck against the named bebelith in the demonweb. I killed it, but then a poison damage tick killed me.

Cue two minutes, 50+ kills, and three more rares. When you can spam DPs and Divine Wrath, things get crazy.

On a melee, Sense Weakness. On an arcane, the +3DC from Magister. I haven't played in the rest of the primal sphere yet, but my Druid is going to be rocking Shiradi when I arrive at epics.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12