Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The best epic destiny abilities

What are the most powerful epic destinies and which abilities really shine? I have a few I like more than others.

~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

The barbarian works well with my tempest ranger and also with my fighter and the fighter one is solid for doing some nice DPS.

The Monk one is okay although my monk is more a stun and expire type strength based one so the fighter one works nicely with him.

The sorc one is really nice. Energy burst is an extremely potent way of boosting a sorcs savant element and making it a brutal destructive force.

For paladins, adrenaline is probably the single best destiny ability around. This makes fury the preferred destiny for pallies.

Of note is that even when you run out of exalted smites, adrenaline is still quite powerful with divine sacrifice.

I can say that the most funny is Shiradi with double rainbow on - of course you must be ranged
    When I fight an enemy with my arti I always press Z to check what I'll cause him And every hit is a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldieb View Post
    I can say that the most funny is Shiradi with double rainbow on - of course you must be ranged
    When I fight an enemy with my arti I always press Z to check what I'll cause him And every hit is a surprise!
    I'll second this. If you're an offensive caster and pop Audience with the Queen and get Joy of The Queen: it's like a 5 minute god mode. Every hit does 1-3ooo damage. From a simple magic missile that fires 5 missiles that's 5-15,000 damage for 4 SP. It's not super common to get this buff, though.

Rejuvenation cocoon, twist it! it makes me love my melees again

Haste boost is also pretty good for monks and twf

If we are talking about nice Twists: I really enjoy Brace for Impact. That twist +10% exceptional fort somewhere else makes it pretty easy to hit 150% fort now
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    If we are talking about nice Twists: I really enjoy Brace for Impact. That twist +10% exceptional fort somewhere else makes it pretty easy to hit 150% fort now
    Sense Weakness for every melee not in fury...close twist discussion

(Sense Weakness: Passive Bonus: You deal [10/20/30]% extra damage to helpless targets. Your melee attacks deal [1d8/1d8/1d8] extra untyped damage to enemies below 75% HP, [0/1d12/1d12] extra damage to enemies below 50% HP, and [0/0/1d20] extra damage to enemies below 25% HP. These are cumulative.)
    Vulger Display of Power, Disposable Hero, Farbeyond Driven, VicRattle Head, Typeo Negative, Warpig, Infetious Grooves, Damageplan, Slipknott, GnR, BlkSunshine

From the point of view of a 90% mainly Melee Player:

1. Legendary Dreadnought - T3 - Haste Boost

2. Grandmaster of Flowers - T1 - Dance of Flowers
    Who doesn't like an extra +1.5[W] damage? Even works for those pesky Weaponised Monk builds.

3. Grandmaster of Flowers - T5 - Drifting Lotus
    Large Damage AoE ability with High DC Knockdown CC??

4. Grandmaster of Flowers - T6 - Everything is Nothing
    When you absolutely, positively got to kill everyone in the room, accept no substitutes. Jet Li would be so proud of you.

5. Primal Avatar - T4 - StormRage
    This, is just fricking awesome. For when your Tempest Ranger wants to repeatedly smash an enemies skull in with bolts of lightning. Cool things about this: A) You get the Lightning Strike Graphic Effect on each proc B) It works on Ranged attack with a Bow, and combines nicely on a Tempest's occasional Manyshot.

6. Primal Avatar - T1 - Rejuvenation Cocoon
    Its just a really good healing spell that benefits from enhancement/item Spellpower very nicely. Works wonderfully at Rank2/Rank3 for a Melee.

7. Fury of the Wild - T4 - Sense Weakness
    Every Monk should have this. Every. Monk. and alot of other Melees too.

8. Exalted Angel - Innate - Leap of Faith
    Enough said, really.

9. Exalted Angel - Innate - Ascendance
    Turn yourself into an Angel. Get in touch with your lighter side and get Radiant Blast on Vorpal Strikes. Double Radiant Blasts vs. Undead.

10. Draconic Incarnation - Energy Vortex
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    9. Exalted Angel - Innate - Ascendance
    Turn yourself into an Angel. Get in touch with your lighter side and get Radiant Blast on Vorpal Strikes. Double Radiant Blasts vs. Undead.
    FYI, for any WF who usually repair themselves: you don't become an angellic robot, you become a FLESHIE angel. Found that out the hard way, once.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    FYI, for any WF who usually repair themselves: you don't become an angellic robot, you become a FLESHIE angel. Found that out the hard way, once.
    Yeah. Bet that sucked.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Calozz78 View Post
    Noted! And Thanks!
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

On my DoS Paladin I've done all but Primal to at least 4 ranks.

I found each one to add very interesting tweaks to my tank build.

1) UA - Many of these abilities are really in-line for helping Focus on Tanking I found each Innate Stance valuable. Outside of those, Endless Turning (meshes well with the Divine Might and Righteousness), Intolerant Blow, Endless Lay on hands, Purify Weapons and Undying vangaurd

2) EA - Angelic Presence and Ascendance, Judgement and Renewal (as a twist it is a party member only healing step in)

3) GMoF - Running with the Wind - After running 10% slower in DoS stances than normal a 30% boost makes a big deal with keeping up, Hail of Blows for the Doublestrike. The problem I have with GMoF is that without a reliable Ki source many of the powers were just not usable.

4) LD - Momentum Swing, Haste Boost, Lay Waste and Improved Power Attack

5) SC - Wild Shot - Great Room Aggro tool, while in destiny Healing Spring, outside it was just overshadowed by FoTW Fast healing

6) FoTW - Fast Healing, Sense Weakness, Injury and Insult

7) SD - Lithe and Skill Mastery

8) FS - Reign and Siren's Song and Echos of the Ancestor's: Martial

9) Magistar - Sigil of Spell Warding (PRR/AC for tanking in one position) and Unearthly Reaction my reflex being my weakest save

10) DI - All of the Tier 1 abilities, Daunting Roar (AoE to stop a large group of creatures that can be feared in its tracks)

While I haven't done PA yet, Favored Enemy looks like an interesting possibility. Some of the others do as well, but without being able to test them just yet I can't positively say if I found them to be good.

----------------------
    As for the best twistable I'm not fully sold on any as they are all situationally good. But I will say that I a long time with Momentum Swing and Lay Waste and before I TR'd I was enjoying Sense Weakness and Run with the Wind.

Community Member

The best thing about the epic destiny system is that the "best destiny" is largely dependent on the specific character build in question. Sure, there are a few abilities here and there that are really good and see more time as a twist than others, but ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and build choice.

Hero

Best tier6: Master's Blitz, Everything is Nothing and Divine Wrath are IMO the most useful/powerful/relevant.

Twistable: Haste Boost lets any melee concept close the DPS gap with Rogue/Fighters. Sense Weakness is solid, and Primal Scream is pretty nice. The +3 DC ability from Magister is a no-brainer too.

Biggest disappointments: Most of Unyielding Sentinel, for the simple fact most twistable abilities require a US stance to use.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Calozz78 View Post

(Sense Weakness: Passive Bonus: You deal [10/20/30]% extra damage to helpless targets. Your melee attacks deal [1d8/1d8/1d8] extra untyped damage to enemies below 75% HP, [0/1d12/1d12] extra damage to enemies below 50% HP, and [0/0/1d20] extra damage to enemies below 25% HP. These are cumulative.)
    Atm the 90% extra glancing blow damage is stronger for THF. Adds about 50 dmg per hit, 75% of all hits.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Atm the 90% extra glancing blow damage is stronger for THF. Adds about 50 dmg per hit, 75% of all hits.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

I think Unyielding Sentinel is under rated

Community Member

My battle cleric (splash fighter/wizard) is always in unyielding sentinal when she needs to perform.

I either use unbreakable or stand against the tide (cometfalll and etc ...I'm on my feet when others are landing on their beehinds!). CITW...stand against the tide when about to be surrounded my mistresses!

I have Momentum swing twisted in which works nicely with cleave/great cleave (30% chance to reset timer...it resets almost all the time).

Energy burst (Epic Roc boots). My splash wizard...acid!.

Nice "I win" button!

My third twist I haven't got yet but will be brace for impact.

I will start experimenting with some other twists once i have my destinies fully maxxed.

*note...all the above with the advice/guidance and help of others...and this has been greatly appreaciated!!

Gemmy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast