Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    OP: there are generally three kinds of responses to forum posts.

1) helpful and informative.
    2) people who want to tell you how good they are
    3) people who want to tell you how bad you are

Surprisingly you got more helpful and informative responses than is typical. You did well.
    4) People that answer the OP, that didn't realise the thread was recently necro'd, and is 2 years old
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Default This quest sucks

This is one of the most horrible quests in the game period.

I've bugged out crucible before--We got all four horns, no problem, put them in, cleared the hallway to the last arena, rested at the shrine.. And the kobold wouldn't let us in the arena.

Fortunately, a GM was able to teleport us into the arena and that fixed it, but yeah. Crucible can bug, and it's extremely frustrating when it does. I know a lot of people use VIP to skip it in the saga, and since it isn't required for flagging anymore, there's not a lot of people to run it.

When it works I think its fun though. But I also think pit and spies in the house is fun.
    - Deleras has gotten much shorter than I remember.

Community Member

did you hear that with the orchard update crux is gonna get all the mobs replaced with undead versions as a publicity stunt?

i hear the necromancers are rampant in that place brining back things that have been dead for years!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

I have seen mobs stuck in walls in unusual places since the last update. Possibly the same positioning bug in line with mobs jumping off random thing now

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Because he didn't run the quest, you did. Only you can fill in, step by step what happened including spells used, paths taken, etc. in order to attempt to reproduce the bug.

Best your GM could do is file a bug report that says "Crucible bugged out. fix it." Yeah... that gets sent to the "out box" instantly.

Crucible is also one of those quests that will challenge *gasp* players. You have to run it to learn it. Not just run it once and expect to kick axe, which is what it sounded like you expected.

Beyond that, you are fully entitled to your opinion. I don't know what further expectancy you are expecting out of Turbine as CS are not coders and do not have the power to instantly change things in game beyond the limits of their tools.
    Wow, totally inappropriate comments.

Clearly, the OP was trying to be challenged. He didn't read the wiki first, he and his friend solved the puzzles as they came up and they encountered a bug. Then the OP encountered the same bug - you are not replying to a person whining about how difficult crucible is, but a player who enjoys figuring out difficult quests, so keep your condescension to yourself.

Second, the GM should bug report it. If the GM needs to, s/he can ask the player for a step by step. Players are not paid to play-test! GMs are paid. At minimum, they should have a checklist which, if the player is willing, the two should go through. But under no circumstances should a player, who's paying for a functioning product, be expected to fill out play-tester error reports, unless they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    did you hear that with the orchard update crux is gonna get all the mobs replaced with undead versions as a publicity stunt?

i hear the necromancers are rampant in that place brining back things that have been dead for years!
    Although, in seriousness, I do think quests are fun that send you back into the same map for something completely different. (Think the revisit of Waterworks, with beholders, not just like Tangleroot, where you do the exact same quest six times in a row, but make it a little farther each time)
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    4) People that answer the OP, that didn't realise the thread was recently necro'd, and is 2 years old
    Ha! Oops. Geezes. I fell for it.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Wow, totally inappropriate comments.
    Nice Necro. Two years late. I stand by what I stated. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Nice Necro. Two years late. I stand by what I stated. Deal with it.
    I didn't necro the thread, just saw it and commented on the first impossibly, unreasonably incorrect comment I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    Although, in seriousness, I do think quests are fun that send you back into the same map for something completely different. (Think the revisit of Waterworks, with beholders, not just like Tangleroot, where you do the exact same quest six times in a row, but make it a little farther each time)
    Agreed, though I think Hiding in Plain Sight did it best
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Can we lock this and let it rest in peace?
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblade000 View Post

They need better tools it sounds like, in my opinion. At the very least, a copy of your objective checklist
    There are still problems that can pop up here. Try DDoor-ing right after getting the last key in coal chamber. You make your way to the boss, kill him, all boxes are checked, but the quest doesn't finish.

You forgot to fight the ambush!!

//I'm not saying these tools wouldn't be good to have if the DMs don't already have them

Community Member

doh! Didn't see necro thread.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that it's literally impossible for the end corridor to bug by killing a 'bell-man' too early regardless of what a GM may have said.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I've quickened enlarged insta-killed all of them before being noticed before and they still somehow bang that bell from beyond the grave.

Agreed that it bugs out though lately; I've experienced mobs in walls in that corridor lately too. I think the cramped space and abundance of goons makes it a trouble spot.

Kudos to the OP for some nicely written posts in here too.
    There was a point shortly after the Epic Gianthold update where one of the mobs you have to kill could actually spawn inside a wall. I think we managed to kill it with Death Aura. So it CAN bug out, probably in a variety of interesting ways depending on how lucky/unlucky you are. But I've only personally seen it once in 50+ runs.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Community Manager

/necro
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234