Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    Agree that hanging is just plain rude.
    Don't worry, I wont leave you hanging. I'll decline you ASAP.

or better yet, I'll create an LFM, send you a message and tell you: "Vilenna, you are pre-declined".

This is called a hanging request and has been around for quite a while, this was made popular by the same guild that coined the term "nonfactor" and applied it to 99% of the server luckily they are almost extinct.

occasionally a new outbreak of this virus will pop up, typically it can be traced back to sexual congress with monkeys or other wildlife (we have named the virus hella troll), if u have been in contact with a carrier the suggested course is to drink a gallon of bleach, squelch and take a hot shower.

This has been a public health and safety announcement by templar, lvl 89 guild recruiting send pm for details.
    Last edited by aarant; 12-13-2012 at 07:36 AM.

If I don't get an accept in 20 seconds or so I'm already moving on to something else, up to and including logging on another character.

I think complaining about it is like complaining that a new love interest hasn't called you back or whatever. "Have the decency to break up with me explicitly," etc. Sorry but not returning your calls for weeks WAS breaking up with you explicitly, you were just weeks too slow in figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    If I don't get an accept in 20 seconds or so I'm already moving on to something else, up to and including logging on another character.

I think complaining about it is like complaining that a new love interest hasn't called you back or whatever. "Have the decency to break up with me explicitly," etc. Sorry but not returning your calls for weeks WAS breaking up with you explicitly, you were just weeks too slow in figuring it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6kwUBrRjaM

~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

When I don't get a response in about two minutes, I hit another LFM or go do something else. Although I do wish that people would just hit "decline" if they aren't going to accept me right way - I don't get offended, I don't get mad, and I don't furiously scribble their name into my "hate" book.

The only time it gets annoying is when I hit an LFM, wait a couple of minutes, get no reply, join another group, and then 20 or 30 minutes later get a few tells from the original group leader, asking me why I'm hitting his LFM when I'm already in a group and why am I wasting his time...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    The only time it gets annoying is when I hit an LFM, wait a couple of minutes, get no reply, join another group, and then 20 or 30 minutes later get a few tells from the original group leader, asking me why I'm hitting his LFM when I'm already in a group and why am I wasting his time...
    Yeah, that's when I join his group, promptly pop into Mirra's Sleepless Nights, and go watch TV with the wife.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

SO here's a question. I have a rather large ignore list. It may be just a game, however, my free time is not 'just time', it's valuable to me, and I prefer to spend it with people who don't suck out my will to live or make me want to bite thier faces off with bigotry and jerkery. I have no idea what the game does, do I even see them click, or does the game autodecline them?
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    SO here's a question. I have a rather large ignore list. It may be just a game, however, my free time is not 'just time', it's valuable to me, and I prefer to spend it with people who don't suck out my will to live or make me want to bite thier faces off with bigotry and jerkery. I have no idea what the game does, do I even see them click, or does the game autodecline them?
    you dont see them
    it auto declines them
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by aarant View Post
    Butthurt
    You guys from Templawl care so much about us, ty. HP is doing pretty well and we are even getting some renown.

I think a more glaring problem is the inability to withdraw an application after it has been sitting there getting stale.
    +1

That would be handy, it's annoying to get the "thingy tried to invite you to her group, but..." message. That just says to me: Hey! we were waiting to see if someone better joined before inviting you, but I guess you'll have to do lol.

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    Don't worry, I wont leave you hanging. I'll decline you ASAP.

or better yet, I'll create an LFM, send you a message and tell you: "Vilenna, you are pre-declined".
    You think you're so leet and speshul with your anti-quell doohickey.

Screw you, monkeyface
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

I am generally a first come that qualify based on specified requirements (right level range, etc). I will decline those that click the lfm that don't qualify and will allow the system to auto-decline when I'm full as I've had occasion where I have 2 spots left and 9 applicants at once.

I agree it is polite to decline someone that you have no intention of bringing along with you.

I generally reserve the polite tell letting someone know I will be declining them if I'm in the middle of changing the lfm or taking it down and they no longer qualify based on the requirements I'm looking for or we are moving on to a different quest.

However, I have declined people in the past that would spend time ranting on why I'm a terrible PL for declining them. Some people fear this type of SPAM and so will choose to avoid it and have it effect their leisure time which is just as valuable as yours.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've actually sent tells when declined thanking them rather than leaving me in limbo.

Situation: I see two LFMs I like. I decide I like #1 more, so I hit it. A minute later, I'm still waiting. Another minute, still waiting. Still waiting. Meanwhile, #2 has filled up and started... and "You have been declined because his group is full."

Situation: I sign on, I'm on the airship, and I'm planning on, say, running around the High Road. But I see an LFM for ToD. Ooh, I say, and hit it. No response... no response... no response... meanwhile, I don't want to leave the upper deck of the guild ship because I don't want to be accepted while zoning, since I can't join the party then, and I'll look like a fool. I obviously don't want to run out to Eveningstar simply on the off-chance that they decide to ignore me and leave me hanging.

Who hangs around waiting on LFMs? I do. Most of my friends do. Semi-casual gamers do. People who aren't simply zerging through the game do. Why? Because I'm playing to have fun, and that LFM sounds like it'd be fun, so I'm willing to wait a few minutes.

But if you're not gonna Accept... than have the courtesy to Decline. Let me know that you're not interested. Let me move on to something else. Let me go to LFM #2; let me go to the High Road; let me zone without worry.

And if you're hanging around waiting to see if something better hits your LFM... well, have the courtesy to send me a tell and let me know what's what. That'll give ME the opportunity to find something better... or at least go from GH to the Marketplace to my guildship in the knowledge that I probably won't get accepted while zoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I will decline those that click the lfm that don't qualify and will allow the system to auto-decline when I'm full as I've had occasion where I have 2 spots left and 9 applicants at once.
    Yeah, generally speaking, those're fairly obvious - you hit the LFM and shortly thereafter you get the auto-decline. That's cool. I hit an LFM that's almost full and get autodeclined after a minute, it's clear that somebody ELSE also hit the LFM. It's the ones that leave me hanging for a goodly while, either hoping for somebody better to come along or simply with no plans whatsoever to accept me, that bug me.
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 12-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12