Default In the holiday spirit

Yesterday my guildies were running some lowbies so I rolled up a new level four to join in the fun. As soon as I stepped off the boat onto the tower I shot a tell to an officer to send me an invite. Not surprisingly the guild invite window opens a moment later and I click accept. Suddenly I see the message "You have joined guild Dudes in Purple Suits Hangin in the Sun! (not the actual name)"

Now I'm in the 'DiPS' guild chat and the following exchange occurs.

Officerspamsinvite: "Welcome to Dudes in Purple Suits!"

Me: "Whoops! I accidentally accepted your guild invite because I was expecting one from my guild. Sorry about that!"

I quit the DiPS guild and join my guild. Two minutes go by and I get a tell.

Officerspamsinvite tells you "Douc h e."

Ah good times...

Community Member

That's awesome. I didn't even realize that guilds tried to recruit through blind invites anymore.
    Main toon Gromphia I have others but that is really the only one I play

Quote Originally Posted by sireric View Post
    That's awesome. I didn't even realize that guilds tried to recruit through blind invites anymore.
    I know. That's why I was so surprised that my new level four guy got an invite 30 seconds after stepping off the ship.

junior high kids gotta do somethin

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, you know, you left on bad terms and took a whopping 25% of the zero renown you earned! *Grins* Sorry, but I don't feel bad for thier 2 week guild size penalty either, spam inviting just strikes me as rude and you get what you get. Calling people names only confirms it. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Well, you know, you left on bad terms and took a whopping 25% of the zero renown you earned! *Grins* Sorry, but I don't feel bad for thier 2 week guild size penalty either, spam inviting just strikes me as rude and you get what you get. Calling people names only confirms it. LOL
    and if that wasnt bad enough, you get those random patry invites as well. once my group had some one in their group send a PvP challenge invite. at least send a tell first.
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cidchronic View Post
    and if that wasnt bad enough, you get those random patry invites as well. once my group had some one in their group send a PvP challenge invite. at least send a tell first.
    Well, I managed to stop the random pvp invites by turning off 'accept pvp challenges' since pvp isn't my thing, but I am leery of turning off any other acceptances so my freinds can't invite me to things and remail vulnerable to the weird mystery quest invites. The other day I got one on my rogue Utahraptor (who is level 20) in the harbor, and for a moment really considered taking it, going into wahtever little quest they were doing, and cheerfully hosing their xp. They DID invite me, after all, meaning they WANTED me to go...
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I saw plat farmer spam in the harbor the other day, which I havent seen in years.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I saw plat farmer spam in the harbor the other day, which I havent seen in years.
    Just seen this on Thelanis last week. It has been years for me as well.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Well with the recent thread about weirdly high AH pricing, that is an easy way to "ahem" transfer funds.

Also with all the Store items now changing the mentality of many players from play to get better to "pay" to get better, the mental leap to "paying" another source to get better is all but removed.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more