Thread: Lonely Player

Default Lonely [VIP] Player

Hello, I'm looking for a guild to RAID and etc. I was playing exclusively with RL friends, but now they left the game. Doesn't need to be high level, just need active players who are doing RAIDs regularly, give advices and not madrun ahead like there is no tomorrow in every single quest they do with me (I don't know many of the high level quests).

Active chars:
    - Leggio lvl 25 [Ranger 14, Rogue 4, Paladin 2] trapper & AA
    - Raritty lvl 24 [Artificer lvl 20] trapper & caster
    - Bennedictos lvl 20 [Paladin 18, Monk 2] hybrid/weird dual wielder DPS/Tank
    - Pinnkie Pie lvl 13 [Bard] spellsinger & chest blesser
    - Twilith Sparkle lvl 13 [Wizard] archmage

- None TR'd unfortunately
    - I have VIP account.
    - I have got ears/voice
    - Raritty is a crafter (crafting lvl 120-ish)
    - I'm normally online between 15h and 17h CST american time, most of the days but I could extend this on weekends.
    - I'm in Europe, in CET timezone

What I expect from the guild:
    - RAID runs
    - Complicated (Epic) Elite quests together (if it is easy I can do it alone!)
    - Build/equips advices etc
    - People online when I am also online!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Blayster; 05-21-2013 at 01:45 PM.

I'd invite you into my guild but, well, we havn't raided as a guild in three months or more.

My advice to you would be to join raids (try to join ones that seem to be run by certain guilds that need a pug spot) and get a feel for whether they're a good fit for your style of play.

Loreseekers are a pretty laid-back guild and they're a good bunch of people. I'm pretty sure they raid as well.

Good luck!

Personally id join THE LAST OF THE TRUE ELITE RAIDERS. They seem pretty cool.
    Coinoperated - 20th lvl Idiot.
    Grafven & Griefen.
    Aitu - Someone who does something..sometimes.
    Unreliable & Unresolved.

My problem with finding groups is that I actually enjoy the game.

Most of the times I join a group the guys just cast invisibility and run like there is no tomorrow ahead, killing nothing on their path. I've never managed to finish Tempest Spine, for instance, even if I ask someone to guide me, no one cares. This kind of "veterans" is what I'm trying to avoid.

First time I done Chronoscope I went with another guild, and it was really fun. People were actually enjoying the quest instead of madrunning towards the end, waiting each other before start the boss. This week I got lucky with VoN for the first time, there was a guy in the group who was kind enough to guide me (although it was nearly a quickrun). There is nothing wrong with answering questions like "Should I save this shrine or use it now?" or saying "Beware bro, there is a trap in this hall". It was great, we defeated the dragon on elite, BB, without a healer.

I have nothing against quickruns, just that it is not an option when I don't know the quest.

@graf, who should I contact from THE LAST OF THE TRUE ELITE RAIDERS?
    @Arkat, who should I contact from Loreseekers?

I'll keep updating the first post.

Hordo is the Loreseekers' guild leader but I'd think you could talk with any member.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayster View Post
    @graf, who should I contact from THE LAST OF THE TRUE ELITE RAIDERS?
    I think Vizjeri is your best bet.
    Coinoperated - 20th lvl Idiot.
    Grafven & Griefen.
    Aitu - Someone who does something..sometimes.
    Unreliable & Unresolved.

I'm not sure how high level your toons are, but there's a guild called "Endgame" on Sarlona that sounds like it'd be the perfect match for you.

This was a recent advertisement of theirs in the sarlona guild thread. http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=267

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I'm not sure how high level your toons are, but there's a guild called "Endgame" on Sarlona that sounds like it'd be the perfect match for you.

This was a recent advertisement of theirs in the sarlona guild thread. http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=267
    ?, Now why would someone posting for a Guild on Khyber be interested in Sarlona

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I joined a guild already, let us hope that things will work out well there!

oh look it's raritty :P
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    oh look it's raritty :P
    Hahahhaa, not *only* Raritty =P

Quote Originally Posted by Blayster View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions.

I joined a guild already, let us hope that things will work out well there!
    Things are nor working out well... not much guild activity, except some few quests with guildmates, rarely RAIDs. They are nice though, but I'll keep looking for something more active.

My crusade for guilds still ongoing...

Just left a guild because of serious conflicts. Because we couldn't agree on the level we should run a quest, relations deteriorated and people basically told me that I was not welcome anymore. I'm not going to mention names or players or guilds, but really...

I'll just let it clear here that I have nothing against socialization with guildies, but I expect from a guild run more than that. Also, I have absolutely no problems helping guildies when they need help, and I have never refused such a thing.

Good luck on GuildQuest. I'd invite you to join mine, The Holy Order of the Divine Spork, but it's literally just my main and my alts on Khyber.

Hopefully things work out for you. If not keep trying, something will stick.

As far as Von5-6 read the wiki, and then fake it till you make it, every run should bring you closer to figuring out what the heck is going on in that crazy raid. It took me a long while to get every single part memorized.

Also, does Rarrity buy a lot of armor kits? Just wondering :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Good luck on GuildQuest. I'd invite you to join mine, The Holy Order of the Divine Spork, but it's literally just my main and my alts on Khyber.
    I know the feeling! That was exactly my case when I created this topic, I was in a one-man-guild. Thanks!

Hopefully things work out for you. If not keep trying, something will stick.

As far as Von5-6 read the wiki, and then fake it till you make it, every run should bring you closer to figuring out what the heck is going on in that crazy raid. It took me a long while to get every single part memorized.
    Oh yeah, I've read the wiki, and done it hundreds of times by now so I am okay. I still cannot lead though, you cannot practice it alone because of the (several) levers part. I still haven't done Tempest Spine even once, but my main challenge now is Ascension Chamber! I know a small group of people to go there practice every now and then (I...got...to...learn...goggles...)

Also, does Rarrity buy a lot of armor kits? Just wondering :P
    Do you read minds?!!? I was planning to buy one indeed!! =O

Well, my quest has ended (at least for now).

I created a guild just for the fun of it, called House Kanterlot. To my surprise, some other players liked the idea and joined. We're small, of course, but its fun enough for the moment!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ony!?p=5028971

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.