Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    So now its 11 months. Before it was 3. Which is it?
    I go back to the hit your head thing... You're confused.... Something they did in a patch over the last 3 months has led to the current issues. As well as the huge and very occasional falling damage bork, the later startign when the new engine was installed the former starting just a few months back. I think you've twisted yourself up in a know here... Maybe you need som esleep

BTW, the physics engine was changed more than once - and one of the major changes was when we went through the U5 combat nerfdate (~may 13, 2010) where they completely ganked EQs doublestrike and offhand proc mechanic and schlepped it into this game. Thats when the collision physics began to fail. Update 6 was red fens, and we were already able to walk through walls to get to the red fens slayer area before U6 went live (~aug 17, 2010).

And none of that is even close to relevant right now, since the current physics engine is a completely different one. The Red Fens "Hole" was actually in the game code not the physics engine.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    The Red Fens "Hole" was actually in the game code not the physics engine.
    Do you mean that the pixel bugs were actually different? Huh. I think someone was trying to offer that bit of education to the unteachable.

I go back to the hit your head thing... You're confused.... Something they did in a patch over the last 3 months has led to the current issues. As well as the huge and very occasional falling damage bork, the later startign when the new engine was installed the former starting just a few months back. I think you've twisted yourself up in a know here... Maybe you need som esleep
    You mean the falling damage bug that has also been in the game for years? This was a huge issue in permadeath we had to make rulings on for ~2.5 years now. This isnt something that happened a small amount of time ago.

And none of that is even close to relevant right now, since the current physics engine is a completely different one. The Red Fens "Hole" was actually in the game code not the physics engine.
    Oh its very relevant. The only reason people casually dismiss things as irrelevant is because they have no solid refutation of the point made. If the red fens hole was in the game code, it would have worked each time people tried to go in, which it did not. People had to do specific things for moderate periods of time in order to get in. If you know all about this, pelase tell me what those things were. Dont worry, Ill wait.

Excessive falling damage bug did not start a short time ago: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...falling+damage

Wall bug did not happen for the first time 3 months ago: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...light=wall+bug

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...light=wall+bug

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ght=stuck+wall

How many times do we have to see it? Now I bet you guys will just try to rules lawyer using some obscure vague description (rather than a specific explanation) to try and act like all these stuck in geometry bugs reported years ago are somehow different than they are now.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Angry Long time player/consumer/maker of consumers

As a long-time player and guild leader I would like to state for the record that I am very saddened by the state of the game.

I feel as though I am paying for a broken toy at the moment.
    To echo past posts, please no more content until the game is running as it should.
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Devil teleport bug - Bug # 1

Devil teleport bug - Bug #1

Player stuck in Gop Ice Wall - Bug #2

Obscure chest stuck in wall - Bug #3 or anomaly.

None of the above links are examples of the issue we are having today. The issues above were isolated to quests or monsters and were fixed. You've kinda shown us that you're having a hard time distinguishing between specific problems and just linking anything that was ever stuck in a wall.

Community Member

You mean the falling damage bug that has also been in the game for years? This was a huge issue in permadeath we had to make rulings on for ~2.5 years now. This isnt something that happened a small amount of time ago.

Oh its very relevant. The only reason people casually dismiss things as irrelevant is because they have no solid refutation of the point made. If the red fens hole was in the game code, it would have worked each time people tried to go in, which it did not. People had to do specific things for moderate periods of time in order to get in. If you know all about this, pelase tell me what those things were. Dont worry, Ill wait.
    Um, I did it over and over everytime I tried.... Jumped up the hill ran along the barrier wall through the water and bam there I was, EVERY single time I tried it. Just because you're incapable of such a simple task doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai
    Excessive falling damage bug did not start a short time ago: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...falling+damage

Wall bug did not happen for the first time 3 months ago: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...light=wall+bug

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...light=wall+bug

How many times do we have to see it? Now I bet you guys will just try to rules lawyer using some obscure vague description (rather than a specific explanation) to try and act like all these stuck in geometry bugs reported years ago are somehow different than they are now.

Wow... You're desperate...

Just because things appear to part of the same bug, that doesn't mean they are.

I don't play the "rules lawyer" inerNUT game, you're so fond of. You seem to be a habitual "rules lawyer" .

And again, you're pointing out VERY old bugs that had a slightly similar aspect, but ARE NOT the same bug at all. And yet agian the CURRENT fallign damage issues aren't related to an old bug that was fixed long ago, and has sionce reappeared in a differnt fashion now. I know you're having issues admitting that you're wrong, as usual.... It's OK people understand you.... If it makes you feel better.. I'll say "Chai is important".

Now about those fraps of your awesome EE perma death runs... Let's see them...

Hopefully tomorrows patch actually fixes something... After months of Turbine and the DDO leadrship (IE: producers) ignoring players pleas to address the physics issues with a couple tweaks so players wouldn't be wasting their store bought items etc. Yet another example of what the REAL problem with DDO is... Lack of coherent, intelligent, well organized, quality leadership at the top.
    Last edited by smatt; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    As a long-time player and guild leader I would like to state for the record that I am very saddened by the state of the game.

To echo past posts, please no more content until the game is running as it should.
    Get a lot of people from the in-game to sign this on the forums...unfortunately until you do you are only speaking for yourself and a small part of the playerbase that uses the forums.

Not putting you down or disagreeing.....just pointing out what the devs really respond to.

Scratt for president!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post

Cant agree with this no new content means a loss of interest and players I can see making a update or two a majority of fixes with only a portion being new content

Long term player and overall happy with the game with a few issues that I wouldnt mind being fixed.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Devil teleport bug - Bug # 1

Obscure chest stuck in wall - Bug #3 or anomaly.

None of the above links are examples of the issue we are having today. The issues above were isolated to quests or monsters and were fixed. You've kinda shown us that you're having a hard time distinguishing between specific problems and just linking anything that was ever stuck in a wall.
    Like I said rules lawyering. These are ALL examples of pixel collision gone awry, during the timeframe I stated this happened. I got factual information, you got speculation. Hard time distinguishing? All you did was slap generic labels on items you had no answer for, which doesnt really distinguish them as separate issues.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Now about those fraps of your awesome EE perma death runs... Let's see them...
    Still waiting on that quote where I stated anything about solo EE in PD. You continual badgering of me on this issue has no basis whatsoever, and if you keep bringing it up in threads its not a part of (which you have done 6 times now) ima report it on the basis of bringing disagreements from other threads into the current thread, which is against the rules. Hows that for rules lawyering. Now refrain from quoting me as I previously asked if youre just going to reply with personal comments rather than participating in the discussion. If you have no answer for the examples I brought up other than ad hominem, dont bother replying.

When any argument, especially one on the internet, reaches the point where people are debating the structure of the discussion instead of the topics, it's done.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Those issues happened when they put the last engine in, before the red fens release. Saying they have "absolutely no relation to current issues" is incorrect, and your car analogy explains why. A new physics engine is going to be standing on the shoulders of the old technology, and is not completely different than the last one.
    Cool story Circles....... What exatly are your issues here? You're trying to put every physics issue involving walking into walls, falling damage, falling through floors, catapaulting into the ceiling, going off map, etc into one neat little box. You seem to be confused...... It's clear your CS phonebank work for a bunch of other games hasn't properly prepered you for this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    The problem is you're assuming defects with the same (or at least superficially
    similar) symptoms have the same root cause. Anybody who works in software knows
    that this is an extremely foolish strategy.
    To not investigate those similarities is far more foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    IME, the location issues people are currently referring to as the 'stuck in walls'
    issue started with the new physics engine prior to MotU. I even started this
    thread about it:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375305
    There were location issues as far back as the update that introduced the Cannith crafting system, where people were able to link more than a few specific issues to this. This is so old its even been memed by the DDO community. So this should just be completely ignored and not investigated due to the conjecture of armchair developers who cannot give us something specific to work with as to why its NOT the same issue? Instead of looking into that its better to be casually dismissive of all similar symptoms? As far as foolish strategys go, ignoring those types of relationships is by far worse than taking them into account.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-12-2012 at 08:25 AM.

To not investigate those similarities is far more foolish.
    Huh? YOU are the one saying these are the same problem not I. I'm simply
    pointing out that it's foolish to assume this. To be clear, and so you don't
    try and twist my words further, I'm not saying it is or is not the same. I'm
    saying that it's foolish to assume it is and ignore the circumstantial evidence
    which indicates this problem was far, far more prevalent after the update to
    the physics engine earlier this year.

There were location issues as far back as the update that introduced the Cannith crafting system, where people were able to link more than a few specific issues to this. This is so old its even been memed by the DDO community. So this should just be completely ignored and not investigated due to the conjecture of armchair developers who cannot give us something specific to work with as to why its NOT the same issue?
    Lol. Priceless. I think we have a new dictionary definition for irony.

Default Still Going

I cannot believe you three have managed almost three pages of well that, I am not gonna bother qouting any of you but come on really... Both sides your never gonna agree now take a deep breath and move to a different post where you do not have to interact..
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Community Member

[QUOTE=Chai;4806983] armchair developers QUOTE] LOL, you're calling others "armchair developers"...

Now THAT is rich...

You never state anything... You just talk yourself into circles and imply all kind of stuff, and then go into denial mode.... Report thread after annoying everybody else, get it closed and deleted, then move onto a nother thread where you consistantly ask for the closed threads to be quoted.

Just admit you have no clue what you're talking about, that you're trying to relate all kinds of different bugs to the current issues, that may or may not be fixed today. As I've said repeatedly, your time wasting search for posts realtign to OLD physics issues is just you trying to pad your pathetic diagnosis of the current issues. There's likely 1 or 2 others on this board if that, that would bother to spend any amount of time at all running around finding posts to quote about such an issue... Heck, I can't even be bothered to look in THIS thread for a quote from some inerNUT lunatic.

Then you should go back to your Turbine 6 armed Medusa style pop pom waving, while telling everybody how and how not to complain about a service THEY pay for.
    Last edited by smatt; 12-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Default lol

[QUOTE=smatt;4806997]
    armchair developers QUOTE] LOL, you're calling others "armchair developers"...

Now THAT is rich...

You never state anything... You just talk yourself into circles and imply all kind of stuff, and then go into denial mode.... Report thread after annoying everybody else, get it closed and deleted, then move onto a nother thread where you consistantly ask for the closed threads to be quested.

Just admit you have no clue what you're talking about, that you're trying to relate all kinds of different bugs to the current issues, that may or may not be fixed today. As I've said repeatedly, your time wasting search for posts realtign to OLD physics issues is just you trying to pad your pathetic diagnosis of the current issues. There's likely 1 or 2 others on this board if that, that would bother to spend any amount of time at all running around finding posts to quote about such an issue... Heck, I can't even be bothered to look in THIS thread for a quote from some inerNUT lunatic.

Then you should go back to your Turbine 6 armed Medusa style pop pom waving, while telling everybody how and how not to complain about a service THEY pay for.
    Ok all the spelling errors in such in this one make it alot of fun to read 6 armed what lol!!! No more multi tasking for you Mister.....
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Cool People

Ok seems like posts are starting to be typed with extreme anger i can almost imagine the pain of the key board as fingers mash there keys to drive home points... For the love of all key boards remember its just a forum post....

[QUOTE=smatt;4806997]
    armchair developers QUOTE] LOL, you're calling others "armchair developers"...

Now THAT is rich...

You never state anything... You just talk yourself into circles and imply all kind of stuff, and then go into denial mode.... Report thread after annoying everybody else, get it closed and deleted, then move onto a nother thread where you consistantly ask for the closed threads to be quested.

Another post with nothing but "you this and you that and you, you, you...." which has absolutely nothing about the topic in it, but is centered around attacking the poster rather than addressing the point. This is why stuff gets reported, because I ask you multiple times to stick to the discussion and refrain from personal attacks, but you refuse to do this and just post more ad hominem filler material. I think you have this forum confused with the vault, where this is accepted practice.

Community Member

I think you have this forum confused with the vault
    Referring to the definitive source of DDO information will surely get this thread closed....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast