Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 235
  1. #161
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Funny thing about DDO, is that they HAVE provided you with a service. You play their game correct. There you go, problem solved. Yes it's "buggy" service, but a LOT of the bugs don't make the game unplayable, it makes it something you adapt to. Will they get around to fixing the bugs, who knows, but if your still playing the game than they've done their job of providing a service. If your not having fun, or don't enjoy the service, here's my simple and honestly blunt answer.

    Quit.
    I have to agree. As long as I continue to play this game for free I'll just adapt to the bugginess. On the other hand, if Turbine wants to know what might actually get me to spend some money on their game, it would be a much more enthusiastic effort in fixing some of the more blatant problems with their game. Though as long as so many people are content keep paying and just adapt to the bugs, less money and effort will be spent to fix them.

  2. #162
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Have you honestly not experienced this bug in-game to the same extent as everyone else lately?
    Lately, as in 2010 til now. Yeah Ive experienced it lately. People seem to think that time passing between noticable occurrences, or ramped up number of occurrences between then and now = a different issue, but this is not the case.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  3. #163
    Community Member Deathdefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Lately, as in 2010 til now. Yeah Ive experienced it lately. People seem to think that time passing between noticable occurrences, or ramped up number of occurrences between then and now = a different issue, but this is not the case.
    I'm unsure how to convince you it's a new issue beyond:
    -the wealth of anecdotal evidence supporting a drastic increase in stuck occurrences
    -your own in-game experience where mobs go flying (which is totally new), and the marked increase in mobs and players becoming stuck in things.
    -the Turbine employee I quoted, which only a truly bizarre selective reading that totally disregards context and commonsense could construe to not be about a new issue.

    It's probably for the best that I render myself unable to respond to further posts.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

  4. #164
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    I'm unsure how to convince you it's a new issue beyond:
    -the wealth of anecdotal evidence supporting a drastic increase in stuck occurrences
    -your own in-game experience where mobs go flying (which is totally new), and the marked increase in mobs and players becoming stuck in things.
    -the Turbine employee I quoted, which only a truly bizarre selective reading that totally disregards context and commonsense could construe to not be about a new issue.

    It's probably for the best that I render myself unable to respond to further posts.
    Higher number of occurrences =/= new issue. It means the same issue is happening more often, or reported more often. Ive also noticed that there are more quests now where the quest can only be advanced when a specific mob (and the trash that spawns with it) dies. When those mobs happen to be ethereal gargoyles for instance, which disappear and reappear alot, the issue is going to be reported far more often than when the stuck mob is not something that needs to be killed.

    There is a thread about one of these new quests where people thought the bug was that the quest didnt update after they killed everything that spawned with the wizard encounter. I was the first one to post that the quest updates just fine, after you kill the mobs stuck in the walls and stuck in the stairwell.

    Another fine example of a mob that gets stuck in the wall and has done so for years now is garamol in the subterrane. He used to do this back as far as when the cap was 16. People dont even report that much anymore if and when it happens because we all know which spells and abilities will shoot him through the wall to kill him to get the chests to spawn.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-11-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  5. #165
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Still waiting for that quote of me specifically saying anything about soloing EE in PD. (4th time weve been over this in as many threads).
    As I said in Howmany pots do you drink thread.... You didn't say that... What you did say in the thread you reported and had deleted was in reply to someone else saying that... You said "Been there done that" to his statements about what is left in the game as a challenge such as PD soloing EE's. Now I know YOU can't solo EE on a PD toon... And I highly doubt you've ever touched EE's or the old epics when they were hard, or even when they made them a lot easier, in a PD group. In fact I highly doubt any of your claims of being so awesome. But hey maybe you are... Show us some of your grand accomplsihments you claim....

    What I did say was that I have epic gear I attained in the first incarnation of epics, when they were alot harder than they are now, in PD play.
    OK show us those.... That's quite the claim you're making

    I
    ve challenged you
    Challenge away... When I actually care aobut some interNUT grandios claims, I'll let you know.


    This was of course, when you were supporting Turbines P2W system hand over fist, after trying to convince everyone else that I am the Turbine appologist in the thread right before that. Turbine doesnt need to run this game on P2W money dude, they could keep the servers going by harnessing the breeze generated by all the forumite backpedaling.
    You really have no clue about running a business do you? Since you've been around so long, your failing memory might provide you with the fact that this game was virtually dead before your socalled P2W came out.... That was a last gasp to try and save DDO as well as LOTRO, and for the orginal investors to create a large revenue stream so they could sel loff the company and recoup their investments. It worked well....

    Now about this backpeddling... You use that term alot, did you recently hear it in a cartoon or something?
    Last edited by smatt; 12-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.

  6. #166
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Higher number of occurrences =/= new issue. It means the same issue is happening more often, or reported more often. Ive also noticed that there are more quests now where the quest can only be advanced when a specific mob (and the trash that spawns with it) dies. When those mobs happen to be ethereal gargoyles for instance, which disappear and reappear alot, the issue is going to be reported far more often than when the stuck mob is not something that needs to be killed.

    There is a thread about one of these new quests where people thought the bug was that the quest didnt update after they killed everything that spawned with the wizard encounter. I was the first one to post that the quest updates just fine, after you kill the mobs stuck in the walls and stuck in the stairwell.

    Another fine example of a mob that gets stuck in the wall and has done so for years now is garamol in the subterrane. He used to do this back as far as when the cap was 16. People dont even report that much anymore if and when it happens because we all know which spells and abilities will shoot him through the wall to kill him to get the chests to spawn.


    You'e still going on about the physics problems not being new (3 months or so)???? Really? You really are desperate to be heard by someone, anyone aren't you?
    Last edited by smatt; 12-11-2012 at 08:03 AM.

  7. #167
    Community Member starhawk_6699's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    149

    Default

    As a paying customer I am in total agreement with OP. As a consumer I feel that I have a right to expect a FULLY working product. If you bought a new car and found that the heater/AC and radio didn't work you would take it back and demand that it be fixed! After running several dungeons which were unfinishable due to stuck bosses and/or becoming stuck myself (/stuck only changed the place where I was stuck) and having had servers crash while in a dungeon I feel somewhat cheated. My girlfriend and I spent 4 hours in one dungeon and ended up having to exit because the final boss got stuck in a wall. Yes we both put in tickets but were to tired to wait for a resolution from a GM so we called it a night and went to bed. It is nice that we have some great new content and I compliment the Devs on all their hard work and I will continue playing DDO because it is a great implementation of D&D, I just wish that they would put as much effort into the mechanics as they do in the design.

  8. #168
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    You'e still going on about the physics problems not being new (3 months or so)???? Really? You really are desperate to be heard by someone, anyone aren't you?
    The physics problems have been around for years. It has recently deteriorated into something that gets reported far more often. Ive given several examples that people have no refutation for, which have occurred years before the most recent events. Instead of actually answering those, people quote me and make off the cuff personal remarks which are irrelevant to the actual discussion.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  9. #169
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The physics problems have been around for years. It has recently deteriorated into something that gets reported far more often. Ive given several examples that people have no refutation for, which have occurred years before the most recent events. Instead of actually answering those, people quote me and make off the cuff personal remarks which are irrelevant to the actual discussion.
    No. Different bugs. If you're looking to muddy the issues though, you could say that every problem in the game happens in the same game, therefore they are all the same problem. You're halfway there!

  10. #170
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    No. Different bugs. If you're looking to muddy the issues though, you could say that every problem in the game happens in the same game, therefore they are all the same problem. You're halfway there!
    Different occurrences of the same issue. Theres nothing muddy about it whatsoever. Garimol, and random other trash mobs in his spawn have been getting stuck in walls for years now, even in the cap 16 days.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  11. #171
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Different occurrences of the same issue. Theres nothing muddy about it whatsoever. Garimol, and random other trash mobs in his spawn have been getting stuck in walls for years now, even in the cap 16 days.
    Not the same at all. Except that it involves walls and the same game.

  12. #172
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    As I said in Howmany pots do you drink thread.... You didn't say that... What you did say in the thread you reported and had deleted was in reply to someone else saying that... You said "Been there done that" to his statements about what is left in the game as a challenge such as PD soloing EE's. Now I know YOU can't solo EE on a PD toon... And I highly doubt you've ever touched EE's or the old epics when they were hard, or even when they made them a lot easier, in a PD group. In fact I highly doubt any of your claims of being so awesome. But hey maybe you are... Show us some of your grand accomplsihments you claim....

    OK show us those.... That's quite the claim you're making

    I Challenge away... When I actually care aobut some interNUT grandios claims, I'll let you know.


    You really have no clue about running a business do you? Since you've been around so long, your failing memory might provide you with the fact that this game was virtually dead before your socalled P2W came out.... That was a last gasp to try and save DDO as well as LOTRO, and for the orginal investors to create a large revenue stream so they could sel loff the company and recoup their investments. It worked well....

    Now about this backpeddling... You use that term alot, did you recently hear it in a cartoon or something?
    Pleae quote where I said anything about soloing EE in PD, or refrain from quoting me altogether. Youre backpedaling here, and refusing to provide evidence, because it doesnt exist. You continue to bring this up in most threads you have tried to disagree with me in since then, but will not show proof. You have one last chance to do this, or refrain from quoting me altogether. Im no longer going to deal with this in every single thread you show up in. This is now the 6th thread you continue to bring this up in.

    As for your other ad hominem attacks, ima just start reporting them, starting that this one, because they dont contribute to the discussion. If youre going to quote me and disagree, refute what I say with factual information. Personal attacks are not factual information and will no longer be tolerated.

    There are at least 2 PD guilds who were running old school epics when they were what you call "hard" - which was not really hard, just very limited due to mobs being immune to 90% of all tactics other than hold/stun + autocrit. But according to what you are saying, if I wasnt running fraps in 2010 it didnt happen?
    Last edited by Chai; 12-11-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  13. #173
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Not the same at all. Except that it involves walls and the same game.
    How are they different? Be specific.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  14. #174
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How are they different? Be specific.
    Players were not getting stuck in walls until the latest update. It's simple.

  15. #175
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Players were not getting stuck in walls until the latest update. It's simple.
    Players got stuck in walls in 2010. Toons would sit in the wall for about a minute or so and then be booted from the quest.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  16. #176
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Players got stuck in walls in 2010. Toons would sit in the wall for about a minute or so and then be booted from the quest.
    That was fixed, buddy. Now there's a new bug. The players don't just get out after a minute in this one. Either slash stuck works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, the player is in there for good. I've seen this bug far more in the past few weeks than the bug in 2010.

  17. #177
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    That was fixed, buddy. Now there's a new bug. The players don't just get out after a minute in this one. Either slash stuck works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, the player is in there for good. I've seen this bug far more in the past few weeks than the bug in 2010.
    Fixed? More like its happening more often.

    And people DO get booted from the quest if they are in a WALL. They do NOT get booted from the quest if they are stuck in an object, like a crate, barrel, staircase etc. Ive seen examples of both in the past week.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  18. #178
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    More like its happening more often.
    A different bug is happening more often than the bug in 2010. Yes.

  19. #179
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,172

    Default

    Woman's intuition like feather on arrow. May help flight to truth.

    I just ate a fortune cookie, but decided to share the fortune.

  20. #180
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    A different bug is happening more often than the bug in 2010. Yes.
    Repetition fallacy.

    I now have 3 concrete irrefutable examples which keep being glossed over in attempt to bury those examples in repetiton of the same thing. The bug is like a brick wall, and no matter how many repetitions stating otherwise that can be piled up, the issue still stands.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload