Community Member

Default The Obsidian Marquis

I've been going back and forth for about a week now on whether or not to recruit new people into our guild. Obviously I have decided that I would like some newer faces to raid with and group with.

We are a very small guild, currently 4 on a good day and 3 more often than not, but we are about to hit 62 - can thank Elle for pretty much soloing it up to here for us. We are very closely tied to the channel PanthrosPack, but it is it's own separate entity. Currently we are focused on raiding and epics, but TRing is part of any real raiding build so we do try and help each other level when we can. Most of us are -5 hours GMT (US Central), one is 10 hours behind us so we do later raids when we can plan them ahead of time.

I will not recruit people I have not run with a few times at least. The perk of a smaller guild is a lack of drama, we enjoy the environment being friendly and caring. This is something that won't be given up for any amount of renown.

If you are someone who is interested in becoming part of The Obsidian Marquis, please send Verlichte/Peluche/Indolore some mail in game or a tell. I will check this thread as well, but I'm forgetful if nothing else.

If you hate reading:

The Obsidian Marquis
    Small guild
    Level 61
    Raiding oriented
    Sense of humor required, gear isn't
    Last edited by Masadique; 04-25-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Community Member

I could just edit the old post, but I think it would be kind of interesting to see where we've come from.

The Obsidian Marquis; now:

We are level 73
    10 or so members, I can't keep track of who is an alt. That is Ellesmera's job.
    We are still raiding oriented, and that is where I'll actually get to the point of this post.

Currently, we PUG 6+ spots in any given raid, and that is completely fine with me. We do eE Chrono with ease, I mean completely a joke and I actually wish this raid would get more challenging as I enjoy tanking it. While we will continue to PUG/teach raids, I would love to be able to do things like short man eE Chrono with guildies, eE LoB, and the other challenging aspects of this game. If you think you are willing to try things that are "too hard", able to take your deaths with a grin, and want to learn a lot of raids, talk to me. We'll see if you'd fit right in.

As always, I put personality above gear. People will probably call me a noob for this, but I've cleared almost all of the content in the game without being carried through it. I'm confident in my abilities.

So apply if:
    You can laugh.
    You don't hate everyone.
    You realize that damage numbers are not the end all be all.
    You are willing to listen and learn about builds and raids.
    You enjoy a good pasta. With some Italian sausage, Parano cheese, a nice red sauce - I digress!
    Um, you are just generally willing to be nice.

Don't apply if:
    You think you are better than everyone else.
    You aren't willing to tr - you know what? Just don't apply if you're a jerk.

Sincerely,

Verlichte

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    ...So apply if:
    You enjoy a good pasta. With some Italian sausage, Parano cheese, a nice red sauce - I digress!
    dangit Ver.... if i didn't have my own guild....

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Masadique View Post
    ~snip~
    So apply if:
    You don't hate everyone.
    Um, you are just generally willing to be nice.
    So basicly Mecha and me have a snowball's chance in hell to get into your guild :/

Gee, thanks V.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    So basicly Mecha and me have a snowball's chance in hell to get into your guild :/

Gee, thanks V.
    lol. awww. the both of you have been nice to me. just gotta get past that hard crusty exterior first.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!