Default Question about Ranged Threat Reduction

Ahoy,

I'm looking at my options for a rogue AA, and having some challenge finding threat reduction for ranged. All of the rogue enhancements (short of Shadowdancer) seem to specify melee only, along with the vast majority of items (short of the magewright cloak).

Are there any ranged threat reduction methods beyond the 15% from Magewright?
    Cannith

Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shincula View Post
    Are there any ranged threat reduction methods beyond the 15% from Magewright?
    That same bonus shows up on Wretched Twilight, the various flavors of Cloak of the Dragon, Epic Bracers of the Hunter, and Bow of Sinew as well.

Your other option is the "Paranoia" proc that you can add to the Parasitic Breastplate that will often give you -50% threat.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

the threat reduction 'buff' from using Bluff doesn't explicitly say it is melee-only and so could be worth some testing. taking diplomacy would also help as it drops the aggro built up from attacks
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Assuming those sources don't stack, it sounds like 15% is the maximum ranged threat reduction from items - correct?

So, it sounds like I'll be needing to Twist of Fate shadowdancer as well as keep up a high diplomacy. Eesh. With all the kiting complaints, you'd think there'd be some built in ways to negate that issue.
    Cannith

Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shincula View Post
    Assuming those sources don't stack, it sounds like 15% is the maximum ranged threat reduction from items - correct?

So, it sounds like I'll be needing to Twist of Fate shadowdancer as well as keep up a high diplomacy. Eesh. With all the kiting complaints, you'd think there'd be some built in ways to negate that issue.
    It's chicken and egg. There are only kiting complaints because there is no possible way to significantly lower ranged threat outside of reducing ranged DPS. If you reduce ranged DPS, the ranged people complain that it doesn't compare well to melee DPS.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades