Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Forum

Community Member

Default General Forum

I'm a newb. I found this game because I was looking for what this game had to offer. All was good, I have had a great time. I signed up for VIP membership, and payed out 30 to 40 bucks a month to get that tome, to get that bell of opening, to get that hireling I can call when things get bad and all was good. Then a person I met in a group directed me here, to the forums. Then my opinion of this game went on a nose dive.

It was not the game that had changed, but the opinion of the "vets" who play this game changed me.

I play a FvS. According to the vets, I'm not allowed to spend REAL WORLD MONEY to support a game that I like. That, apparently, is "pay to win". I spend REAL WORLD MONEY so I can help out the people I play with. Will me throwing money at my toon every make uber? Hell no. Will spending REAL WORLD MONEY break your game? Are you kidding me?

I help keep the lights on at Turbine.

Gripe, complain, carry on. I will continue to support a game I like with REAL WORLD MONEY.

Just stop hackin' on the folks who actually pay for this game. The people paying the bills buy store pots. The people paying the bills buy pets. The people paying the bills are paying the bills, or else the game would be gone. You "elite forum folk" are just that. Check yourselves. YOU are helping drive people away from this game.

End of /rant and or /signed or whatever I'm supposed to put here
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 12-06-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: profanity

Using ddowiki.com is probably a better choice than the forums for general information purposes.

It doesn't always have the best information about the latest changes, and it doesn't have character builds, but I would recommend using that instead of the forums if you are bothered by complainers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

Hi there. Sorry your first post had to be a rage/rant.

In regards to that first post - I would advise you to do a brief language edit, as the forum has rules as regards to adult language - even if self-edited. I'd hate to see a forum mod have to edit it for you, as that usually involves a Warning or Infraction being levied. It can also spur on other users of the forum to apply Neg Rep (wich really means nothing, but probably would increase your bad feelings towards fellow DDO-players) for the rule-breakage. Since it's your first post, I'm not Negging you - but I'd hate to see somebody else do so.

I hope things turn around for you, and you decide to stick it out. This game is like a huge family - and that includes some rude members you learn to avoid.

Take care.
    Last edited by Memnir; 12-06-2012 at 07:24 PM.

simma down junia... simma down.

A lot of us here in forum hell are on your side. Im not VIP but I pay real money. Dont listen to the Pay to win people. They dont know what they are talking about. You cant pay to win. The reasons they claim pay to win are as follows: They dont have money to and are jealous.; They worked hard for something and it got put in the store for sale and again are jealous; they think that buying the items instead of farming them makes you less of a player because you jumped the learning curve; are clueless and are thinking about games you can actually pay to win like the old browser game Evony. Which ever the reason we are left with 2 main themes there... they're jealous and clueless. Play your way and have fun. dont let them get to ya.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

advena, i owe you a +1 tomorrow when my rep resets.

thanks for helping "keep the lights on at Turbine."

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

VIP since day one. Spend enough on Turbine Points that I probably personally pay for Tolero's salary.

All I can say is Enjoy the game and don't listen to the leach F2P's who are just jealous they have not got real jobs so they can pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

awesome first post.... love it
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Community Member

Default Sorry, Im an idiot

Thanks for all the advice! I'm new to this, and a bit of an idiot, so thank you for tolerating me.

Community Member

LOL one of the very first posts I made on the forums after playing DDO for a few months was much the same as the OPs post. Certainly can't argue with him. The neozoomdweebie wanna be elites in DDO are pathetic. The "i'm not a healbot" divines whose play style doesn't involve healing anyone but themselves are pathetic. The play to win mantra neozooms are pathetic. The game is fun ... the ddo community tends to be easy to get along with in game ... the vocal minority neozoomdweebies who think they have an epeen over 9000 while overgearing content are simply laughable.
    Thelanis: Anihsod ( drood ), Dexlorum ( nannybot ), Kiriagi ( thief ), Galrisian ( paladerp ) Hirp Dirp ( bard )

Quote Originally Posted by advena13 View Post
    I play a FvS. According to the vets, I'm not allowed to spend REAL WORLD MONEY to support a game that I like.
    Here's where you went wrong. Vets don't say that. In fact I'm sure many Vets dump insane amounts of money into the game. What you are looking at is a subgroup of players, some of which are long time players, some of which just showed up from another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anihsod View Post
    The "i'm not a healbot" divines whose play style doesn't involve healing anyone but themselves are pathetic.
    See, here's a new player that's kind of silly and equally anti-social and controlling on another subject.

Being a jerk doesn't have anything to do with being a long time player.
    Last edited by Gkar; 12-06-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advena13 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice! I'm new to this, and a bit of an idiot, so thank you for tolerating me.

It's not you we have to tolerate

It's the people described here...

Quote Originally Posted by Anihsod View Post
    LOL one of the very first posts I made on the forums after playing DDO for a few months was much the same as the OPs post. Certainly can't argue with him. The neozoomdweebie wanna be elites in DDO are pathetic. The "i'm not a healbot" divines whose play style doesn't involve healing anyone but themselves are pathetic. The play to win mantra neozooms are pathetic. The game is fun ... the ddo community tends to be easy to get along with in game ... the vocal minority neozoomdweebies who think they have an epeen over 9000 while overgearing content are simply laughable.

Community Member

OP
    In game or on these forums I tend to laugh at people. Every one has the right to play and spend money as they want. What I do should not be bothering the next person but seems it does.

Every day I'm able to log in and play the game I consider myself a winner.

I've also had my subscription since day 1 in 2006... Lots of win for me!

Ergo, I must be "Pay to Win"... N'est pas?

Enjoy the game your way and don't worry about how others think and you'll enjoy your time more.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

you can't play this game unless someone pays to make/buy you a computer, and you can't get any raid loot without buying in some way shape or form the pack, so IMNSHO EVERYTHING in this game is P2W, so people should get over it
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    you can't play this game unless someone pays to make/buy you a computer, and you can't get any raid loot without buying in some way shape or form the pack, so IMNSHO EVERYTHING in this game is P2W, so people should get over it
    I see what you did there... well played.

Read the forums carefully. Back when I started in '09 the forums were mostly full of helpful folk that posted builds and generally good advice. Now you kinda have to pick and choose threads.

There is a decent sized subset of folks here that have never played a truly pay to win game. If DDO ran that way, people would immediately be able to buy not only classes, pots and rez cakes but they would also be able to buy levels, full EDs and all the raid gear straight out of the store.

Keep playing however you like and let the haters hate. In the end, it is your game too.

BTW +1 on you original post. Unfortunately others will probably offset that with negs

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

You can steal somebody's computer and cheat people in TP point code trades for adventure packs

Though yes, someone is still playing, just not you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    You can steal somebody's computer and cheat people in TP point code trades for adventure packs

Though yes, someone is still playing, just not you.
    No money Equals
    No DDO, forumite
    This game is awesome
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

No money Equals
    No DDO, forumite
    This game is awesome
    Other people's money, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Other people's money, on the other hand...
    Did you really read
    What I just posted right there
    Just read it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast