Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It definitely needs some love, since with the removal of guild augments dropping on random loot cannith crafting is taking a pretty big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It definitely needs some love, since with the removal of guild augments dropping on random loot cannith crafting is taking a pretty big hit.
    Meh... They are getting replaced with non-stacking, but better scaling augment slots that remain relevant at high levels too.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Meh... They are getting replaced with non-stacking, but better scaling augment slots that remain relevant at high levels too.
    You can cannith craft a greater false life belt with a guild augment of health right now for +50 hp at ML7. How's the scaling in the new system better than that?

IMO, everything available on random gen loot should be available for crafting. After all, SOMEONE had to have crafted the infinite number of items that I keep finding with my name on them in treasure chests all over the world.

You can cannith craft a greater false life belt with a guild augment of health right now for +50 hp at ML7. How's the scaling in the new system better than that?
    There is no scaling at all in your example, so any scaling is going to be better than that. You wind up with items that are overpowered at low levels and barely worth slotting at high levels.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

There is no scaling at all in your example, so any scaling is going to be better than that. You wind up with items that are overpowered at low levels and barely worth slotting at high levels.
    oh yeah i forgot, lvl4,8,12 crystals that are not worth slotting is way better then the system we had. (not worth because they increase crafting level and thats 99% of the stuff that is worth wearing at that levels)
    Also 80sp or 20hp where always worth slotting at highlevel and for weapons base material will still be better if there are no random weapons with 2 or more slots.

So all we get is a nerf bat to lvl1-16 and mostly useless weapon blanks and some highlevel customize items most wont use because named shizzle is 10times better.

Ah almost forgot, we also now get our ing bags flooded with stupid crystals.
    yeah totally better then what we had before...
    always dreamed of having 4 large ing bags for crystals alone...
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

From what I can tell, the new augment system is a massive buff to cannith crafting even with the loss of guild augments. The augments don't apply to potential, they only raise the ML to that of the augment you slot if the slotted augment is a higher ML.

Consider a craftable armor with a blue slot. In theory, you could then make it:

Life Shield of Invulnerability + heavy fort (blue slot) = ML8

For caster sticks, it's risia with any element, not just glaciation, and works on crafted gear. So craft up a couple blue-slotted one-handers with your favorite two major lores (and masterful) and slot them with +54 spell power and they're still ML8. At 12 re-slot with +66, at 16 make them 78, etc...

Sure, a complete set of thaumaturgy staffs gets you an extra imtermediary step every 2 levels instead of 4, but this slotting system means that you can essentially craft your own t-staff with two lores. Obviously crafting tops out at major lore, but this has me quite excited for the possibilities.

Yellow and colorless augments (which is what most crafting will involve, as those are the only ones found on craftable accessories) are lackluster, yes, but I'm seeing potential. For yellow, deathblock (ml12) and fear immunity (ML8) are nice options for cannith crafted accessories, as is the coveted striding 30% (ML20). Plus insightful stat +2 on a colorless essentially turns all of cannith crafting into a giant ToD ring system, albeit they will be ML24.

Community Member

I would love more things added. What I hate is that they make drastic changes. They don't have a test server to see if people actually like it. Those that use LAM will attest that very little gets changed and they don't actually have input on how things work.

I am looking forward to what they do with enhancements but don't mess with my guild slots. I love having an extra 20hp and 80SP. I have 2 crafted items on all of my toons even EPICs. My gear layout is pretty tight. Add more recipes to crafting certainly, like acid or cold absorption 33%, Striding 30%, toughness,

Deathblock to epic slots.

Okay, I was slightly mistaken earlier. Slots add +1 enchantment level if colorless, or +2 if a primary color. (Red/Yellow/Blue) Secondary colors (Green/Orange/Purple) -- which can hold an augment of either primary color that comprise it -- add +3, meaning you'll never want a secondary color for crafting.

So my earlier example of Life Shield of Invulnerability slotted with heavy fort would be +3 life shield +1 invulnerability +2 blue = +6 enchantment level = ML11, or ML9 w/masterful. That's still a huge win.

Basically it means that crafted armor can now have three effects and heavy fort has a +2 enchantment level instead of +5.

Community Member

From what I can tell, the new augment system is a massive buff to cannith crafting even with the loss of guild augments. The augments don't apply to potential, they only raise the ML to that of the augment you slot if the slotted augment is a higher ML.
    When on a Craftable item, a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value. Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value, and a Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slot (if at some point they are available on an item which can be made Craftable) would add +3 to the item’s total enhancement value

They apply potential, yes the items will still be nice but for me it makes no sense to craft something under lvl12 with Augments.
    It started with tier armor and now goes on with tier slots.
    Which is ok for higher tiers where the progress is slower but makes no sense for lower level where you fly through content.

tier lvl4 should be removed, lvl8 made as lvl1 and from lvl12 on starts the progress.

(btw with lvl7 i already use Axeblock + Ring of the Mire, dont see a Invu. useful at that level)

Consider a craftable armor with a blue slot. In theory, you could then make it:

Life Shield of Invulnerability + heavy fort (blue slot) = ML8
    will be
    lvl9 without Masterful
    lvl8 with Masterful
    if i read the SneakPeak correct.

For caster sticks, it's risia with any element, not just glaciation, and works on crafted gear. So craft up a couple blue-slotted one-handers with your favorite two major lores (and masterful) and slot them with +54 spell power and they're still ML8. At 12 re-slot with +66, at 16 make them 78, etc...
    I see potential for FvS/Cleric and Wraithblades but for Arcanes, meh
    Will still use the Cannith Boots and Acid Everything, maybe if we get BTA slotted Sticks but other then that not worth crafting that stuff every life.

Sure, a complete set of thaumaturgy staffs gets you an extra imtermediary step every 2 levels instead of 4, but this slotting system means that you can essentially craft your own t-staff with two lores. Obviously crafting tops out at major lore, but this has me quite excited for the possibilities.
    Dunno never cared about the Thaumaturgy staffs, still using scepter and shield.
    DR > whatever staff has, for me

Yellow and colorless augments (which is what most crafting will involve, as those are the only ones found on craftable accessories) are lackluster, yes, but I'm seeing potential. For yellow, deathblock (ml12) and fear immunity (ML8) are nice options for cannith crafted accessories, as is the coveted striding 30% (ML20). Plus insightful stat +2 on a colorless essentially turns all of cannith crafting into a giant ToD ring system, albeit they will be ML24.
    As said, 12+ or 16+ it looks good but lower then that and i dont see much use.
    Niche at best.

pre tiered armors you could sell slotted items within minutes
    now that stuff lvl4-16 stays on AH for weeks even for 1k, nobody uses it.
    under level 16 you change items to fast and lvl14 you already got Dragon/Madness.
    Dont see what slotted items should change on that for Armor.
    For Weapons that minlvl+ kills it completely for low to mid.

Automatic scaling for item bonus at each lvl would be much better.
    Well not to mention that cannith needs new recipes.

Ah anyway we will get that **** and it will fill my gargantuan ing bag with crystals that will never again see the light of day. <<

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Ah anyway we will get that **** and it will fill my gargantuan ing bag with crystals that will never again see the light of day. <<
    They apparently don't go in any bags.

(btw with lvl7 i already use Axeblock + Ring of the Mire, dont see a Invu. useful at that level)
    I stick with invulnerability until I finish Sorrowdusk (non-magical bludgeoning weapons abound in there) but otherwise I'm with you, axeblock + mire all the way.

Community Member

They apparently don't go in any bags.
    the F@CK?
    So now i have to delete that **** all the time or stop using take all?
    Usability is nothing a Turbine Devs cares about, huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    the F@CK?
    So now i have to delete that **** all the time or stop using take all?
    Usability is nothing a Turbine Devs cares about, huh...
    Yeah.

Having those stupid things floating around in my inventory is going to be a massive PITA.
    Antipan, Pandargon, Pandolin, Panifin, Panmorgan, Pangrael, and all other things "pan-ed"...

Community Member

So aside from this "agument system"(for which I have no use) are there any actually valuable changes being made? Like new prefixes/suffixes/stuff people actually want?

Call me strange, but I wont waste my time with anything thats not permenant or re-castable. I'm not about to cart around a pile of silly expiring crystals on my gear just for a few extra points. I'll buff if I can recast, but the augment system just sounds like more trouble than its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    So aside from this "agument system"(for which I have no use) are there any actually valuable changes being made? Like new prefixes/suffixes/stuff people actually want?

Call me strange, but I wont waste my time with anything thats not permenant or re-castable. I'm not about to cart around a pile of silly expiring crystals on my gear just for a few extra points. I'll buff if I can recast, but the augment system just sounds like more trouble than its worth.
    Augments do not expire. They are permanent and persist until you put a new augment in the slot.
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Augments do not expire. They are permanent and persist until you put a new augment in the slot.
    Well in that case that actually sounds pretty neat.

The augments are supposed to remain after disjunction, so just get a random item with one and you're set.

Agreed that disjunction should remove binding status.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12