Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Any word on improvements to Cannith Crafting?

With each new update adding new random loot, CC is getting more and more obsolete. Any word on plans to update it? Or is it just bound to slip into obscurity?

Community Member

id like to know the answer to this to.

I would think that sooner or later we would get to see the new prefixes and suffixes added to Cannith Crafting.

Maybe when the novelty of them being new wears off, but I'm just guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

I think there are three points against the idea that we will see them:

1. We still don't have 30 Striding via Cannith.
    2. The first wave of new enchantments was u14, which was 5 and a half months ago.
    3. Perhaps most importantly, 0 new effects have been added to Cannith crafting since u9, over a year and a half ago. We got unbound, we got flexible, but they were all the same stuff, and there have been enchantments in game but not in Cannith crafting for the duration.

Cannith Crafting remains useful for lowbie leveling but I don't know that it was ever intended to replace or even support late or endgame gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    I think there are three points against the idea that we will see them:

1. We still don't have 30 Striding via Cannith.
    2. The first wave of new enchantments was u14, which was 5 and a half months ago.
    3. Perhaps most importantly, 0 new effects have been added to Cannith crafting since u9, over a year and a half ago. We got unbound, we got flexible, but they were all the same stuff, and there have been enchantments in game but not in Cannith crafting for the duration.
    To me it feels like Cannith crafting just got shelved. And maybe the expansion and new eveningstar content is the reason for that. I'm hoping that by early next year Cannith crafting will see some development, otherwise all the new prefixes and suffixes basically made Cannith crafting a heck of a lot less useful.

Unless the system gets a huge update then more and more people will not bother with it all since you would be able to get better stuff from random loot gen (which happens now anyway).

Please please please update this and make it worth it for those willing to put the time and expenses in to Cannith Crafting.

Stoner81.

I got the impression reading between the lines of a dev post that there may be a comprehensive crafting pass, but that it was only a hazy idea and no specific plans were in place.

I got this impression during the discussions when spell power went live and we now had all these different recipes to make the same (clickie) shards. A dev said something like how that might get cleaned up in a crafting pass.

If forced to put money on when, for no reason whatsoever I'd probably say next winter.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I got the impression reading between the lines of a dev post that there may be a comprehensive crafting pass, but that it was only a hazy idea and no specific plans were in place.

I got this impression during the discussions when spell power went live and we now had all these different recipes to make the same (clickie) shards. A dev said something like how that might get cleaned up in a crafting pass.

If forced to put money on when, for no reason whatsoever I'd probably say next winter.
    Well then, it's a good thing....

...that winter is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Cannith Crafting remains useful for lowbie leveling but I don't know that it was ever intended to replace or even support late or endgame gear.
    When released it could be used to make some of the best end-game gear out there.

+5 Holy Silver weapon of GEOB for example.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Before U14:
    • +5 Holy Burst [metal] [weapon] of Greater Bane (+guild slot).
    • +5 seeker +8 [shield] of incite +20% (+guild slot).
    • +6 [ability] [item] of resistance +5 (+guild slot).
    • 33% fire/electricity absorption.

I disagree.

I'd love to see an update to Cannith crafting with the new item enhancements.

Community Member

Default Would love an update...

With all the new prefix's and suffix's added to the game since Cannith Crafting was introduced, I think the entire system needs an overhaul in terms of what's available to craft and what minimum levels are.

For example, a +1 weapon of Bleed crafted in the existing system has a min-level of 3. But I've seen a random loot gen +1 weapon of Lacerating (Bleed + Slicing) with no min level at all.

Will this happen? Probably not. Cannith Crafting has the potential to make them a ton of money I would think, if only they would make it worth the players while.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WangChi View Post
    With all the new prefix's and suffix's added to the game since Cannith Crafting was introduced, I think the entire system needs an overhaul in terms of what's available to craft and what minimum levels are.

For example, a +1 weapon of Bleed crafted in the existing system has a min-level of 3. But I've seen a random loot gen +1 weapon of Lacerating (Bleed + Slicing) with no min level at all.

Will this happen? Probably not. Cannith Crafting has the potential to make them a ton of money I would think, if only they would make it worth the players while.
    It is worth but only if you play a lot but even so its a user unfriendly mess.
    And the "ripoff" in the shop doesnt improve it.
    Changes that should be made:
    #) Essences from shop cheaper (and at least the lesser should cost maximal as much as the greater.. )
    #) Remote Decrafting, timed item 1day/3day/7day, on use 2min remote decrafting possible, cd 10min
    #) Decraft mats from shop, stacksize increase to 200 same price (still a ripoff but at least not such a shameless one :P )
    #) Only 1 Machine in crafting hall with tabs, all that running between the machines is stupid
    #) Bound crafting -> all is BTA and the finishd Items are BTA with BTCoE (really its dumb that we cant craft the items we want to give our twinks on our crafter, especially with the BTC BAGS :P learn2design turbine..)
    #) All pre and suffixes of random items craftable, good ones with bta and or rare craft stuff limiting
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    While we're at it, please have disjunction remove binding.
    yeah that would be great!
    also would be a good spot for showing how microtransaction works, make it 5tp in shop and 5k plat in crafting hall.
    Last edited by Daemoneyes; 01-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    yeah that would be great!
    also would be a good spot for showing how microtransaction works, make it 5tp in shop and 5k plat in crafting hall.
    Oooooh, PLEASE don't do that... I disjunct A LOT of items and I can't imagine having to pay either 5_freaking_K for each one or spend actual money!

I buy cheap rings off the AH, blank them, craft on them, and resell them. My profit margins aren't great but at least I'm finally making some money at it(after sinking over 8 mill). Making Dust of Disjunction 5k would effectively put me out of buisness and back into the poor house.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Oooooh, PLEASE don't do that... I disjunct A LOT of items and I can't imagine having to pay either 5_freaking_K for each one or spend actual money!

I buy cheap rings off the AH, blank them, craft on them, and resell them. My profit margins aren't great but at least I'm finally making some money at it(after sinking over 8 mill). Making Dust of Disjunction 5k would effectively put me out of buisness and back into the poor house.
    5k / 5tp
    only for the remove BTC disjunct, normal disjunct keeps its price

Smile This is more relevant than ever...

I was wondering about this topic also - especially now with the announcement of the new augment system:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404669

The new augments gives the ability to slot enhancements that are not even craftable with CC - like Protection +7, <Ability> +7, and Insightful <Ability> +2.
    It seems that with the new introduction of epic levels 21-25, the new random loot, and now this augment system, all offering greater enhancements and new prefixes/suffixes, it is time that Cannith Crafting is upgraded as well to follow into the epic levels.

I still believe that named loot should be better than what can be crafted, and I'm sure it will. But if you can slot an Ability +7 with augment, why not be able to craft it as well? And that goes for a lot of other new enhancements that seems pretty standard at epic levels.

There might still be some enhancements that are not available to craft, but that would be up to Turbine to decide.

So a Cannith Crafting overhaul to take us into level 21-25 would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by arturmeinild; 01-15-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Yes......Please it is time we got more out of our time invested in crafting. The game has moved on and crafting hasn't. Needs updating.

Perhaps they could add the the ability to craft the new augments to CC, make it a high level perk for those who took the time and effort to level. Perhaps even, if I may be so bold as to suggest, they could implement the ability to craft augment slots at the highest level of crafting.
    Just a couple thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast