Hybrid View

Default Very frustrated with cormyrian weapon bug after grinding to get desired effect

I was grinding to get a cormyrian kama with "life stealing" effect... Not easy as there are many random effects for that 3rd property. I finally got it. Why did I want it on a kama? Because I am druid and mostly fight in wolf form, which means I critically hit on rolls 17-20 (with feat and confirming ofc).

So, I wanted a weapon with the life stealing property that allowed me to stay centered and one handed if possible (sacrificial dagger is wonderful but does not let me be centered).

As I said, I got the property finally and... It does not work properly :-( It is coded to work on the critical hit related to the weapon itself (kama = 20, I don't have imp. crit. slash), it does not transfer the property correctly to wolf animal form. This cannot be working as intended as all the other weapons with that effect work perfectly on wolf form for hits 17-20 (criticals).

Wanted to share this with all so that others don't get a big disappointment after trying to get a cormyrian weapon for such purpose.

Hopefully some kind generous dev will read the post and move some thread to repair this little (though very frustrating) bug.

Gyga

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Recared View Post
    Hopefully some kind generous dev will read the post and move some thread to repair this little (though very frustrating) bug.
    Hopefully some hard working player made a bug report about said issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Hopefully some hard working player made a bug report about said issue as well.
    I made a bug report, naturally, before starting this thread. As said, I wanted to share the experience with the community. It may be of use to any other druids out there planning for this kind of equipment.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I made a bug report, naturally, before starting this thread.
    Thank you. Many players don't, and just make a thread and assume they have done all they need to do.

Can confirm this on a Cormyrian Falchion.
    Seems like it's still using the old life stealing effect which only has a chance on procing on a crit.
    Yes, this is very frustrating.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

I was grinding to get a cormyrian kama with "life stealing" effect... Not easy as there are many random effects for that 3rd property. I finally got it. Why did I want it on a kama? Because I am druid and mostly fight in wolf form, which means I critically hit on rolls 17-20 (with feat and confirming ofc).

So, I wanted a weapon with the life stealing property that allowed me to stay centered and one handed if possible (sacrificial dagger is wonderful but does not let me be centered).

As I said, I got the property finally and... It does not work properly :-( It is coded to work on the critical hit related to the weapon itself (kama = 20, I don't have imp. crit. slash), it does not transfer the property correctly to wolf animal form. This cannot be working as intended as all the other weapons with that effect work perfectly on wolf form for hits 17-20 (criticals).

Wanted to share this with all so that others don't get a big disappointment after trying to get a cormyrian weapon for such purpose.

Gyga
    Thanks +1
    i have a drunk too and was about to look into corm weapons
    very disappointing but sadly not surprising :/
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread