Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos000 View Post
    I wish they added the epic trapfinding feat. kind of annoying to have to actively search (turning off autoattack ) when my spot goes off.

Epic Trapfinding: Search 25 ranks Spot 25 ranks trapfinding trap ability

If you pass within 5 feet of a trap, you are entitled to a Search check to notice it as if you were actively looking for it.

Translation into the game is when your spot goes off, if you exceed the dc by X with your search bonuses, the box/bear trap/spelltrap/pit trap will appear.

I am willing to spend a feat and permanantly slot a search/spot item in order to bypass the annoying mechanic of having to manually toggle my autoattack.
    Best idea I've heard in a long time. Just to clarify, does "25 ranks" mean 23 base + int bonus, 25 base ranks, 23 base+ 4 Epic Skills, or 23 base + Int bonus + Epic Skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    Best idea I've heard in a long time. Just to clarify, does "25 ranks" mean 23 base + int bonus, 25 base ranks, 23 base+ 4 Epic Skills, or 23 base + Int bonus + Epic Skills?
    I just took the feat off of the 3.5 pnp.

Usually stat bonuses or items do not count for meeting prereqs.

In game would probably mean 23 base ranks +2 Epic levels (Epic levels gives +1 to all skills)

Would be nice right? I mean it takes up the lvl 24 feat but for some (like me) it would still be worth it.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    It should mean (because we don't get skill points at epic levels like PnP does) 20-23 base ranks + 2-5 Epic Skills. Skill Mastery, Int bonus, Items, Feats, and Enhancements are not "ranks".

Or just drop the requirement to 23 base ranks, since what the pre-req from PnP is supposed to check is that you've made a significant investment in trap skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    It should mean (because we don't get skill points at epic levels like PnP does) 20-23 base ranks + 2-5 Epic Skills. Skill Mastery, Int bonus, Items, Feats, and Enhancements are not "ranks".

Or just drop the requirement to 23 base ranks, since what the pre-req from PnP is supposed to check is that you've made a significant investment in trap skills.
    Totally fine with the second option to be in the spirit of the intent being the requirement.

If your search roll would exceed the dc by 20 when rolling a 1, it kind of makes sense for the trap to be seen.

There was a video game "dragonshard" (came out around like a month before DDO was released) an unsprung trap would appear in red when a unit with trapfinding was near it. They still had to manually disable it but being alerted beforehand was kind of nice. (kind of like true seeing or undersun goggles? appears only to characters with trapfinding?)

If it'll add more bugs to the game to implement then by all means please don't add. Otherwise it may be something to consider.

sidenote: They removed the emote animation for Diplomacy and Intimidate, (how annoying would it be if this also toggled off autoattack) a feat to remove the emote animation for search or bluff? not out of the realm of impossibility.
    Last edited by Chaos000; 12-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Daishado

"drink triple ... see double ... act single! uh oh wife aggro" *hides*

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678