Default Poison, Disease and Deathblock? (It's comin')

Deathblock +6, +8, +10. This item gives a Fortitude save bonus vs Death effects.

I mean come on....it's been a few months since we felt the sting of the lame, lazy, plain stupid decision to Elf up Proof vs Poison, Proof vs Disease, Warforged, Monk and Paladin Immunities.

I mean, mobs and players stuck in walls is a GREAT try Devs.

Come on with it....go ahead and elf up DDO a little more!

CHANGE DEATHBLOCK NOW. That will REALLY twist the good ole' Turbine stick deeper into our eye.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    Deathblock +6, +8, +10. This item gives a Fortitude save bonus vs Death effects.

I mean come on....it's been a few months since we felt the sting of the lame, lazy, plain stupid decision to Elf up Proof vs Poison, Proof vs Disease, Warforged, Monk and Paladin Immunities.

CHANGE DEATHBLOCK NOW. That will REALLY twist the good ole' Turbine stick deeper into our eye.
    Well, the change you are suggesting (I believe sarcastically) would not actually be completely ridiculous if it was done in certain ways. For example:

deathblock: provides a +x bonus to saving throws against insta-death effects. Upon a failed saving throw, the "victim" gets a second saving throw to avoid his or her fate (and if successful instead takes "y" damage).

or

deathblock: provides a +x bonus to saving throws against insta-death effects and rolling a 1 is no longer auto-failure.

Blanket immunities are boring, but obviously failing insta-kills on a 1 regardless of saves would be terrible for DDO.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

If there is one thing that would make me take a break from ddo it is turning every combat into a beholder battle. Please, no. I understand the change to immunities to things like poison disease and fear. But instant kill effects would be crippling to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    If there is one thing that would make me take a break from ddo it is turning every combat into a beholder battle. Please, no. I understand the change to immunities to things like poison disease and fear. But instant kill effects would be crippling to raids.
    Yeah, that would probably be the last straw for me as well. Hope this is just speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Why stop on db,go for blindness and fear too.

Bring it on, I can always keep chugging neutralize death pots.

If they do this then at least let Death Block ALSO remove the effects of a successful save (e.g the negative levels from saving against Wail, or damage from Destruction), otherwise DB would be an entirely meaningless effect.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post

Please don't tempt fate. If we get a series of quests featuring a lot of necromancers, someone will be arguing this is a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    If they do this then at least let Death Block ALSO remove the effects of a successful save (e.g the negative levels from saving against Wail, or damage from Destruction), otherwise DB would be an entirely meaningless effect.
    It would have been nice if the FoM nerf had meant the spell and items retained at least a bonus to saves vs web, paralyzing poisons, earthgrab, but no. Far better that those delving boots we ground out be made about a quarter as useful overnight.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Well, the change you are suggesting (I believe sarcastically) would not actually be completely ridiculous if it was done in certain ways.
    No, that would still be ridiculous and incredibly stupid, just like the changes to Disease and Poison Immunity.

Blanket immunities are boring
    As long as they are good enough for Red and Purple names, they're good enough for PCs.

This would change Vorpals.

I always thought it was odd that deathblock blocked Vorpals.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Blanket immunities are boring
    For characters or for monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Bring it on, I can always keep chugging neutralize death pots.
    Coming Soon! To the DDO store only. Just in time to coincide with the proposed deathblock nerf.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen