Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Please Add a SHARE Button to the Quest Entrance.

Please Add a SHARE Button to the Quest Entrance... Just thought it would be a good idea.. more than once I have had to go digging to find the quest to share.. and to have a button on the door I think would be helpful...

Simple, useful, /signed.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

/signed

AWESOME idea! I feel like a dork for not having thought of it myself!

+1rep

Why not just have the system autoshare a quest someone in your party is inside? Seems simpler.

But... I just see having to select the share button as your charcter explaining what your group is tasked to do with those that did not receive that info from the bestower.

the interns couldnt even get the LFM thing right what makes you think they can make that work?
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by toaf View Post
    the interns couldnt even get the LFM thing right what makes you think they can make that work?
    Update USER_QUEST_LOG
    Set Bestowed_Flag = '1'
    where -1 = -1
    and trim(upper(CurentParty.play_char_name)) = trim(upper(USER_QUEST_LOG.play_char_name))
    and trim(upper(CurentParty.Share_Quest_Name)) = trim(upper(USER_QUEST_LOG_Quest_Name))
    /commit;

The Grafix department will need to add the button....

Community Member

And thank you guys for the positive output..

Clicking the [Share] button on the quest entrance would actually pops up the quest log entry to [Share]. Wouldn't that be a nice easier of life feature?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Clicking the [Share] button on the quest entrance would actually pops up the quest log entry to [Share]. Wouldn't that be a nice easier of life feature?
    I don't get what you are saying.... what I was suggesting is that when you click on the entrance of a quest where you select your difficulty, it has a share button, you click the button and it shares the quest to anyone in the party that doesn't have the Quest, your way sounds like there is an extra step or two if you count closing the quest log window...
    My reasoning behind this is that I am ready to go in.. I don't want to look at the log...I don't want to search quest log for the quest to share with the person that doesn't have it(don't get me wrong I will).. I am ready to quest...
    Last edited by Double_O; 12-03-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handpicked View Post
    Why not just have the system autoshare a quest someone in your party is inside? Seems simpler.
    Because you might want to share the quest without starting any timers on it.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

/signed but I like auto share any quest when someone joins your LFM even better. There shouldn't even be a "share quest" feature, it shouldn't even be in our vocabulary. CLEARLY when you join an LFM for a quest you are accepting the NPC quest. If you want to read the dialog than put it in a "quest dialog" chat window.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Default /signed

But would this not be better posted in Suggestions and Ideas?
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    /signed but I like auto share any quest when someone joins your LFM even better. There shouldn't even be a "share quest" feature, it shouldn't even be in our vocabulary. CLEARLY when you join an LFM for a quest you are accepting the NPC quest. If you want to read the dialog than put it in a "quest dialog" chat window.
    Grr i was just about to suggest this. Needless to say, this seems like a good idea. The only time i could see this being a problem are those rare times when i forgot to turn in the quest from the last time i ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    What if the LFM doesn't have a quest selected--say, we're farming a chain--but we still want to share the one we're about to start?
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

also /signed

also +1'd
    Yusif and Secondlife of Sarlona

no thanks.

I still like a little bit of work in my game.

The day the new quests came out, I joined a group and very politley asked where the quests were and where to start. Narry a word was said, but they shared every quest. That didn't help me. I still didn't know where i was going. after the third time i asked where to go, they booted me.

Sometimes - sharing isn't the answer.

Hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

The quest panel share button sounds great. The auto share on enntry has potential, but if it's a raid being shared we would all just get Gianthold Tor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    no thanks.
    The day the new quests came out, I joined a group and very politley asked where the quests were and where to start. Narry a word was said, but they shared every quest. That didn't help me. I still didn't know where i was going. after the third time i asked where to go, they booted me.
    Hob
    So, how would adding a share button change this experience? other than it would have been less work to share the quest with you, they still did it, you had a bad group...

For much of the game, the quest-giver is standing quite literally next to the entrance to the quest. I don't see the entry-point having a Share button as necessary since everyone in the party has to go there anyways. Yeah, for quests like HoX or BAM, where the quest giver is quite a distance from the quest itself, I can see this being a minor convenience, but how much more convenience then L+Share?

I just don't see this as a needed change.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    For much of the game, the quest-giver is standing quite literally next to the entrance to the quest. I don't see the entry-point having a Share button as necessary since everyone in the party has to go there anyways. Yeah, for quests like HoX or BAM, where the quest giver is quite a distance from the quest itself, I can see this being a minor convenience, but how much more convenience then L+Share?

I just don't see this as a needed change.
    Does the mean you don't share the quest if they ask you too.. you make them go get it?
    Last edited by Double_O; 12-03-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast