Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old alpha info

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We discovered an issue with the alpha client not wanting to patch up between releases. So when Lamannia got updated again, the client went haywire. The engineers are working on a fix for the next client build (the next one should let you try it on the live servers and not just Lamannia =D)
    Oh, this puts a smile on my face!

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

...The engineers are working on a fix for the next client build (the next one should let you try it on the live servers and not just Lamannia =D)
    Thank you for the Christmas present!
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Since DDO WILL be coming to Mac, You should probobly get around to changing This page here:

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...-Linux-or-UNIX

Just so that ppl browsing the support thing wondering this will not just give up when they read "there are no plans to make a Mac (Apple OSX) version of DDO."
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

@Tolero: Is there an ETA for the next working client?

This or more next year-ish?

This would interest me too. When will we see a fixed client?

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Re: outdated support article - I've pinged the support staff so they can modify that information, thank you!

Re: Next client?

That'd be..... TODAY! Posting up new info now. (the URL has changed so don't try to use the old URL as that still points at the Lamannia version. New link will be for the live servers.)

Community Member

Re: Next client?

That'd be..... TODAY! Posting up new info now. (the URL has changed so don't try to use the old URL as that still points at the Lamannia version. New link will be for the live servers.)
    Ooh, can you link it here than? Or tell me where to find the new download? The download thread only has the windows client.

Pllllease?

Ooh, google found it! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=402138
    Last edited by Aescleal; 12-18-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aescleal View Post
    Ooh, can you link it here than? Or tell me where to find the new download? The download thread only has the windows client.

Pllllease?

Ooh, google found it! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=402138
    The stickly at the top of this forum has it

And so DDO has braught the Mac Vs. Pc war to their realm...
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Smile Thanks!

Thank you! This is an awesome Xmas present ^^

Lightbulb Like chocolate and peanut butter...

Quote Originally Posted by gphysalis View Post
    How about a linux client?
    ^^ This

Now that DDO is on Steam, Steam is available on Linux... Why not put the two together?
    [09:05] (Tell): Taurolyon tells you, 'Wouldn't this game be better with timestamps?'

Quote Originally Posted by taurolyon View Post
    Now that DDO is on Steam, Steam is available on Linux... Why not put the two together?
    These are two separate companies....

Valve ported the Steam client to Linux (it had ported it to the Mac quite some time before).
    That port has nothing to do with making any of the games available on Steam work on either the Mac or Linux... porting the actual games is the responsibility of the individual game vendor -- Turbine in this case.

One of the problems with porting to Linux is the simple question -- Which Linux? The Valve Port of the Steam Client is defined for Ubuntu only. You get to define what "defined" means... it clearly doesn't mean supported.: )

Linux is no more "common" or "standard" than it's parent, Unix(tm), was before hand. And, for that matter, one would assume that software which runs under BSD Unix(tm) (i.e. OSX) should also run under Linux. Aha, you say, but it does... what doesn't work is the GUI -- which window system are you using? OSX has its own as does each version of Linux -- virtually nobody uses X-11 any more.

Sadly, that means that Linux users are still restricted to using WINE ... which runs both DDO and LOTRO without problems (until the last release of Ubuntu broke both).

Community Member

Default Help!!!!!

DDO is coming to the Mac! While the client is not going to be ready for Update 16 Patch 1, we wanted to make an alpha version available to DDO players to try here on Lamannia this month so we have plenty of time to react to feedback and potential bug reports.

To get started with the DDO Mac client, download the installer at this link: http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...NDLauncher.dmg

Instructions to Install:

1. COPY the installer URL. (We recommend that players not attempt to hand-type the above URL)
    2. Download the file (this is a full client download for this initial preview, and may take longer than your typical DDO game client downloads on PC do)
    3. Upon download, open the .dmg file
    4. Drag the DNDLauncher .app to a place you see fit (Applications folder is the standard place)
    5. Run the launcher, patch up, and begin to play DDO on your Mac!
    6. Let us know how DDO runs on your Mac

Please note that this is an alpha version of the DDO Mac client, so if you experience any anomalies, please be sure to tell us about it so our engineers can investigate if necessary!
    • Bug reports submitted in game should be sent under the “Lamannia” category, and include the word “Mac” in your summary of the issue (that’s the text box entitled “Please provide a brief summary of the bug:*”).
    • You can also post feedback here in the Mac forum.

Thanks for trying out the DDO Mac client!
    I keep getting this no matter where I install it from.

DNDLauncher.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

William
    williamian@me.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuvarr View Post
    I keep getting this no matter where I install it from.

DNDLauncher.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

William
    williamian@me.com
    You should not be using the alpha version unless you are trying to get on to Lammania.

This is the version to use to get on to the live servers:

http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...NDLauncher.dmg

You might need to control-click on it the first time and select "Open" to bypass Gatekeeper's checksum requirements -the app is not signed correctly.

If you are actually trying to get on to Lammania, this is quite a bit trickier. You will need to control-click the alpha client, select "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents/MacOS and drag the file "DNDLauncher" into an open Terminal window. Terminal can be found in /Applications/Utilities. Alternatively you can manually type something like: "/Applications/DNDLauncher Lammania.app/Contents/MacOS/DNDLauncher" into the Terminal window, assuming you renamed the client to "DNDLauncher Lammania". Once you have the path in the Terminal window, hit the return key and it will launch. It will patch a *huge* number of files, and will crash several times doing so. Just keep relaunching it from the Terminal every time. Eventually you will be able to play on Lammania from your Mac.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 05-19-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Default Mac client for Lamannia broken?

I was running Mac client for Lamania for last couple of patches with no issues. Since the update 18 went in on live servers my Mac client is unable to patch itself or start. I get message "Internal Error, please contact customer support."
    Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh, mac client on live servers is working fine for me... just lammania mac that appears to be broken.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234