DDO is coming to the Mac! While the client is not going to be ready for Update 16 Patch 1, we wanted to make an alpha version available to DDO players to try here on Lamannia this month so we have plenty of time to react to feedback and potential bug reports.
To get started with the DDO Mac client, download the installer at this link: http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...NDLauncher.dmg
Instructions to Install:
- COPY the installer URL. (We recommend that players not attempt to hand-type the above URL)
- Download the file (this is a full client download for this initial preview, and may take longer than your typical DDO game client downloads on PC do)
- Upon download, open the .dmg file
- Drag the DNDLauncher .app to a place you see fit (Applications folder is the standard place)
- Run the launcher, patch up, and begin to play DDO on your Mac!
- Let us know how DDO runs on your Mac
Please note that this is an alpha version of the DDO Mac client, so if you experience any anomalies, please be sure to tell us about it so our engineers can investigate if necessary!
- Bug reports submitted in game should be sent under the “Lamannia” category, and include the word “Mac” in your summary of the issue (that’s the text box entitled “Please provide a brief summary of the bug:*”).
- You can also post feedback here in the Mac forum.
Thanks for trying out the DDO Mac client!