Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by pyntsized View Post
    I'm talking about the +4 bonus to a single stat that a bard can get (through fatesinger I believe)
    I know you got that from the Mentaru page, but it's incorrect. Inspire Excellence used to be +4 to a stat, but it didn't stack with your +1 exceptional. The bard had to sing it 6 times over 3 minutes to give all of the stats. Now, that song is +2 stat to everything, and it stacks without issue.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

fast healing from the fury of the wild destiny
    I have to tell you that I don't really find this worth the cost of a twist on most my characters. The healing is too slow and not enough hp restored. One minute in game time is an eternity. It's nice if you're spending time running from fight to fight, like in the Demonweb or the King's Forest (when you're soloing these areas, I should add). Otherwise, I found there is just too much time between healing events with Fast Healing to make it worthwhile.

Since you're planning on stunning a lot, I'd really recommend Sense Weakness. The DPS you can put out with that twisted in on a stunned mob is jaw-dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I have to tell you that I don't really find this worth the cost of a twist on most my characters. The healing is too slow and not enough hp restored. One minute in game time is an eternity. It's nice if you're spending time running from fight to fight, like in the Demonweb or the King's Forest (when you're soloing these areas, I should add). Otherwise, I found there is just too much time between healing events with Fast Healing to make it worthwhile.

Since you're planning on stunning a lot, I'd really recommend Sense Weakness. The DPS you can put out with that twisted in on a stunned mob is jaw-dropping.
    yeah you are right. Since I do plan on stunning, I can just healing touch to heal. Is there any other tactic increasing abilities? Otherwise, I'll take this.
    Festivult meets the Ice Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Dear Very Concerned Customer,
    Buy a rez cake.

Shoot! I didn't realize the st. Markus helm was from sands. That mean I'll end up using my slightly less powerful head/neck combo of minos and silver flame talisman unless I get the helm before I TR. Your book of syncletia is nice spencer, only guide I have seen that is written like it would be taught instead of just blatantly saying things. Nice job with it.
    It's the one thing that's great about the Forums; many people learn a new way or item to do something. Keeps you from trying the same ol' thing. As for the guide: You're welcome. It, too, gets as much correction from those here and elsewhere that read it, so it's a group effort.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    I know you got that from the Mentaru page, but it's incorrect. Inspire Excellence used to be +4 to a stat, but it didn't stack with your +1 exceptional. The bard had to sing it 6 times over 3 minutes to give all of the stats. Now, that song is +2 stat to everything, and it stacks without issue.
    Fixed. And no wonder I'm not getting a +4 bonus to a stat from bards anymore...
    Buy a rez cake.

yeah you are right. Since I do plan on stunning, I can just healing touch to heal. Is there any other tactic increasing abilities? Otherwise, I'll take this.
    To my knowledge, Legendary Tactics is the only twistable ability that will bump your Stunning Fist DC. Also, Sense Weakness does 30% extra damage (with 3 points invested) only while the mob is stunned, but the other damage applies all the time as the mob's hp goes down. Thus, stunned or not, you get:

1d8 extra untyped damage when the mob is below 75% health
    1d12 + 1d8 extra untyped damage when the mob is below 50% health
    1d20 + 1d12 + 1d8 extra untyped damaged when the mob is below 25% health

To my knowledge, Legendary Tactics is the only twistable ability that will bump your Stunning Fist DC. Also, Sense Weakness does 30% extra damage (with 3 points invested) only while the mob is stunned, but the other damage applies all the time as the mob's hp goes down. Thus, stunned or not, you get:

build has been changed for sense weakness. Yet another tree I have to farm xp for...
    Buy a rez cake.

I thought that the extra damage procs don't work on unarmed? I can't test right now, but I remember reading that it was not working with handwraps.

(The helpless damage still does work, making it a must even if the other portion does not work. GRIND GRIND GRIND, Pynt!)
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Default xp grind suggestions

anyone know some good epic quests to farm besides last stand and dun'robar?
    Buy a rez cake.

Community Member

Default dwarf air/fire instead?

Seeing as I don't have access to horc, been thinking about a workaround within the build. What about going dwarf for tactical enhancements, ability to still hit 16 in the primary stats and fire/air stances for combat rather than water/air? Are the fire/air redundant for combat stances? (As in I'd rather use one or the other)

I'm aware of the shortcomings dmg-wise, lack of pa/str enhancements etc but I'm trying to work with what I have so any advice is appreciated

EDIT: To provide some additional information that could be asked for, it will be 36pt build and I do have epic destinies and will probably(depending on how I like it) end up with the same build again, either that or the actual Metaru 2.0 build next life for PL: monk so ED discussion is valid and appreciated as well. Do note I only have +2 tomes in all stats, seeing as I'm excited to play monk I will not be sticking around long to farm out any +3's etc. Working on stonedust, jidz etc, just monk gear I'll be in need of and that's it
    Last edited by Arzoc; 01-02-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Arzoc View Post
    Seeing as I don't have access to horc, been thinking about a workaround within the build. What about going dwarf for tactical enhancements, ability to still hit 16 in the primary stats and fire/air stances for combat rather than water/air? Are the fire/air redundant for combat stances? (As in I'd rather use one or the other)

I'm aware of the shortcomings dmg-wise, lack of pa/str enhancements etc but I'm trying to work with what I have so any advice is appreciated

EDIT: To provide some additional information that could be asked for, it will be 36pt build and I do have epic destinies and will probably(depending on how I like it) end up with the same build again, either that or the actual Metaru 2.0 build next life for PL: monk so ED discussion is valid and appreciated as well. Do note I only have +2 tomes in all stats, seeing as I'm excited to play monk I will not be sticking around
    long to farm out any +3's etc. Working on stonedust, jidz etc, just monk gear I'll be in need of and that's it
    in my opinion, going fire/air is redundant, mainly because if you are going dps as a monk, most people choose one of those two and a secondary (earth or water) for either stunning or tanking. It is a viable choice however.
    going dwarf, like you said, will be sub-par compared to h-orc, but it should still work b/c you are able to hit the stat requirements. Since you are going dwarf i'd suggest going fire/earth or air/earth. Earth just b/c you have the con enhancements instead of str enhancements.
    ED wise, i'd just go GMoF and pick what you like. Some people don't want extra ki regen like I do. Something to definitely consider are the ED abilities that give bonuses for stances, as those are always nice, even for a non-monk.
    regarding lack of +3 and +4 tomes: thats fine. I only put those in my build because that is what I'll have and, tbh, I made this build just for me. Without the +4 wis, your base should still hit high enough for vorpal strikes.
    if you intend on doing multiple monk lives, try out the actual metaru
    Buy a rez cake.

Thumbs up Necro >:d

Thread's been dead for a while, but I thought I'd necro it for an update!

Currently, Shieldsteel is lvl 21 and BEASTING!

-Great dps (80+ damage on stunned mobs)
    -Stun DC of 50 (iirc)
    -70 AC (when in ocean stance)
    -Amazing survivability
    -Can double as an EH Tank (worked in EH Devils Assault just fine. 25% dodge chance is over powered)

Not much to say, other than that I found a +3 to +4 con tome which is really nice
    Buy a rez cake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12