Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Epic Elite Caught in the Web 2 pots + all opts

This was all Captain's Crew in this raid and I am proud of how awesome we did. We had only 1 divine healer and 1 spell singer bard healing which was even more impressive. It wasn't easy by any means. We played very smart conservative and used about 6-7 shrines. All optionals completed and only 2 mana pots were consumed.

We got our asses kicked in the first optional. 11 of the 12 in the raid had never done EE before and it was an eye-opener. The 2 SP pots consumed were on this wipe, people with spell bars released and re-entered and went with a different strategy and we were fine. Everything went perfectly for the rest of the raid.

Except for the lag.

We spent about 3 hours in this raid total and about 20 minutes of it was us waiting for lag to clear.

We even had a near wipe at the final portal keeper due to the worst lag many of us had ever experienced (the floating in the air for eternity lag... nice). Quite infuriating when it felt like all that hard work and time was going to be wasted on a wipe that was out of our own control.

Smart playing and quick monks nabbing soul stones allowed for a recovery and a completion.

Would love to attempt another time with the new game plan and I'm sure we can get it down to no re-entries, 0 pots, and much fewer deaths. Lag permitting that is.

Over 8 items, many of them good, dropped as well as 24+ commendations and a +3 tome (LOL- yes... a +3 tome). 5 chests but we expected this going in. Everyone finished on the toon that started the raid.

Awesome job CC!
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

Nvm I cant read.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

Quote Originally Posted by Zonixx View Post
    something about 48min.
    Completion times are buggy, you know this better than anyone right?

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Completion times are buggy, you know this better than anyone right?
    Yep, I skipped to the end and looked... for me the completion times have been buggy but all @ 0-10 minutes. 48 minutes seemed reasonable, and realistic with a super awesome uber group. I was just surprised and being 2 AM posted before thinking.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

This was a fun portal keeper too
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Nice job photoshopping the xp report. Theres no way you only died 2x on your wizard!

Gratz though. I still havnt run it EE since the commindation drop rate improved. I wana come on the next run.

edit. What was the completion time out of interest? Is 48 minutes correct?

Technically... I was flawless during the first optional I grabbed soul stones and attempted to d door. Since it wasn't possible I jumped to my death so we could re-rez.

The 2nd death was our near wipe at the end. We literally all lagged for a minute straight. Absolute BS.

The run took about 3 hours maybe, not exactly sure. 20-30 minutes of that was lag. No joke.

Community Member

Nice job!

Only a couple questions though... You let the bard get a kill?

And How did you complete it with out anybody from... Oh nevermind..

Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Only a couple questions though... You let the bard get a kill?
    Prolly an inadvertent mass cure that hit a spider soul with a sliver of life

Nice achievement, guys!
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

That's some great work guys. Well done.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Nicely done!
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by giggiddy View Post
    Prolly an inadvertent mass cure that hit a spider soul with a sliver of life

Well next time do better...

No really though very nice job CC!

Smile

You must think very highly of the good folks from... agh, nevermind,

Smile

Grats Guys!

That's awesome. I assume you got lucky and had no lag problems during the run? I used 5 pots on my last normal run, due to lag freezing us up about 7 times, plus getting stuck in the floor and missing a shrine while I got unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    That's awesome. I assume you got lucky and had no lag problems during the run? I used 5 pots on my last normal run, due to lag freezing us up about 7 times, plus getting stuck in the floor and missing a shrine while I got unstuck.
    The run took about 3 hours maybe, not exactly sure. 20-30 minutes of that was lag. No joke.
    Uh....

Nice Job.. Very well done. I have tried at various times to get a crew together for it and did an attempt early in this update, but we lagged out haha after first optional. The lag in the game has been really bad especially in CITW lately. Had one real laggy hard yesterday.

The bigger issue for me is the time will likley be like yours - over 3 hours to complete the quest. It is tough to get people to spend 3 hours on a quest in DDO. If we could get that down to 1.5 hours it would be possible to get a group together consistantly. Anyway congratulations again.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Part of the problem with how long is takes is the amount of HP many of the mobs have.

I mean seriously... mistress island has can take about 20 minutes to clear cuz of the amount of HP that the mistresses have.

And each optional takes about 30 minutes. Just due to the amount of stupidly inflated HP that the Bebiliths and Driders have.

Ugh... and part 1 with legs and then a bebelith souls... It makes the raid just take so long.

We all aggreed that taking the HP by ALL the red named mobs and cutting them by half would make this raid less grindy, cuz let's be honest, sitting in front of a mob swinging your weapons for 5-10 minutes per redname is not fun.

Reduce the hitpoints, fix the lag, and this raid will be run more on epic elite.

Part of the problem with how long is takes is the amount of HP many of the mobs have.

I mean seriously... mistress island has can take about 20 minutes to clear cuz of the amount of HP that the mistresses have.

And each optional takes about 30 minutes. Just due to the amount of stupidly inflated HP that the Bebiliths and Driders have.

Ugh... and part 1 with legs and then a bebelith souls... It makes the raid just take so long.

We all aggreed that taking the HP by ALL the red named mobs and cutting them by half would make this raid less grindy, cuz let's be honest, sitting in front of a mob swinging your weapons for 5-10 minutes per redname is not fun.

Reduce the hitpoints, fix the lag, and this raid will be run more on epic elite.
    Been thinking a bit on this. Been getting hard runs close to 45 minutes. Primary tactical improvement is running by mobs. Think elite could be no different considering EIN. Going to try it again on elite this weekend. Still have to figure out faster way to do both LLOTH fights. Have a few theories though might try.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast