Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Average Essences per month

On average, I acquire around 1,000 greaters per month and 4,000 lessers per month. The lessers are acquired via deconstruction.

I did a search on the forums and I found a Gathering Ingredients thread but that poster just wanted to know what quests to run to get essences.

I classify myself as a frequent gamer not a power gamer.

After three months of testing on a new server with new characters, I wanted to see how many greaters and lessers I could acquire.

I purchased no essences on the AH as initially I was poor. Plus, it would ruin the test.

I never found a crafting experience elixir as loot.

The first two months I sold the essences for roughly 250,000 plat for the entire lot of lessers and greaters that I had.

My character I designated as the crafter only deconstructed. I never once made a shard. My crafting character is a level 34 in Arcane and level 26 in the other two. All of that was accomplished by deconstruction only.

For those that are new to crafting, It is a major grind. You will need 10s of thousands of essences to get to level 150.

My thoughts now, deconstruct, save essences, and then search for a crafter to craft you what you want from your stash of essences.

Most Common Lesser or Greater = Mind or Body
    Rarest Greater to find = Law or Chaos
    Rarest Lesser to find = Law or Evil
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 12-01-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

I had a different experience in a similar environment.

New character on new server.

Deconstruct almost everything that will fit in the machine, auctioning only high yield items such as GFL.

Between quests or prior to logging out, crafted shards with efficient recipes to advance crafting levels, deconstructing those shards to recover some essences.

As of character level 14 I've managed to get to 39/42/39 (without using XP elixers). It has been enough to craft items that are relevant including DR breakers.

Hitting 150/150/150 is a very expensive endeavor, but it's not necessary.

There is value to be had at crafting levels that are reasonably achievable on a first life, first toon.

Some people may find "Searching for a crafter to craft what you want" to be as grindy as advancing their own crafting levels. Capable crafters aren't always standing around waiting to craft for strangers, and even if they are, they may not be inclined to do so.

Having achieved 150/150/150, I know it's really no fun at all repeatedly trying to explain that 60 Greater Law essences, 40 Greater Fire essences, and 3 Blades of the Dark Six are not equivalent to the 100 Greater Body essences and 3 Chipped Bone Talismans needed to craft the unbound Strength +6 shard that they want.

Community Member

I get about 4k lessers a day. You have issues if you are only getting 4k a month. I decon about 40-50 items a day from epic quests each one averages about 75-120 lessers. I am getting about 3k greaters a month from decon and questing.

by the time you get one toon up to cap and grind out all epics on hard at least once, you will have more than enough money to buy essences combined with what you have earned to get to lvl 75-100. I started playing the game in April and by June, my first toon was lvl 20 and had already got crafting skills up to lvl 90 in all three. By August I was lvl 145 in all three. I spent about 3 million plat total combined with what I decon and loot.

3 mil plat might seem like a lot but to be honest if I am running epic content I earn more than 1 mill a week above what I spend on questing and coveted items.

If you plan on TRing toons I suggest getting crafting up to around 120. That is enough for all normal gear and many of the good flexible.

You can TR without good gear but it really helps. I love having double hp and sp of every toon until around lvl 15. Even a mediocre gamer with great gear can handle elites without dying. My brb last life had 385 HP by lvl 10 and a 40str. not too bad.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default zeichen-thest, I classify you as a power gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    I get about 4k lessers a day. You have issues if you are only getting 4k a month. I decon about 40-50 items a day from epic quests each one averages about 75-120 lessers. I am getting about 3k greaters a month from decon and questing.

by the time you get one toon up to cap and grind out all epics on hard at least once, you will have more than enough money to buy essences combined with what you have earned to get to lvl 75-100. I started playing the game in April and by June, my first toon was lvl 20 and had already got crafting skills up to lvl 90 in all three. By August I was lvl 145 in all three. I spent about 3 million plat total combined with what I decon and loot.

3 mil plat might seem like a lot but to be honest if I am running epic content I earn more than 1 mill a week above what I spend on questing and coveted items.

If you plan on TRing toons I suggest getting crafting up to around 120. That is enough for all normal gear and many of the good flexible.

You can TR without good gear but it really helps. I love having double hp and sp of every toon until around lvl 15. Even a mediocre gamer with great gear can handle elites without dying. My brb last life had 385 HP by lvl 10 and a 40str. not too bad.
    Thanks for the post zeichen-thest. If a new player sees the thread they can now see what they get from a frequent gamer point of view running the harbor and a power gamer point of view running epic elites.

Not too many players that just start out are power gamers. I am sure it won't take many new gamers long to get to running EPIC elite in three months and earning one million plat per week.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    You have issues if you are only getting 4k a month.
    Or, you know, other things to do.
    I spent about 3 million plat total combined with what I decon and loot.
    Ha! Sucker!

if I am running epic content
    Not everyone who wants to craft does that. And some probably dont' grind it either.

had 385 HP by lvl 10
    Is that all?

What I'm trying to say, is that for the average or new player trying to make crafting work for them, your post is useless. It carries far too many specialized notions to be useful to any but a select group of players. Now, my crafting levels are only around 120, but that's with spending money only on decon materials and no grinding of epic trash loot.

So average players can make crafting work for them, for pretty cheap. But it requires dedication, some time, and strong clicking muscles.