Default First time VoD solo for me ^_^

Yeah its only normal and yeah lots of people have done this before but im a casual player in a small guild (5 total members) and i just recently got all my gear done and ready to go. a guildy (alexine) asked if i wanted to duo it. . .i said i want to solo it

no pots used other then remove curse, all SP was recovered via torc and duel conc opp. shield had devotion on it (replaced recently with a wall of wood, and other spell power stats were on the holy symbol of lolth.
    all in all it was a very smooth run, and i am going to attempt a hard run at a later date, as well as trying to solo some other raids

Last edited by Snapdragoon; 11-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post
    Yeah its only normal and yeah lots of people have done this before but im a casual player in a small guild (5 total members) and i just recently got all my gear done and ready to go. a guildy (alexine) asked if i wanted to duo it. . .i said i want to solo it

no pots used other then remove curse, all SP was recovered via torc and duel conc opp. shield had devotion on it (replaced recently with a wall of wood, and other spell power stats were on the holy symbol of lolth.
    all in all it was a very smooth run, and i am going to attempt a hard run at a later date, as well as trying to solo some other raids

Cant help but notice the error message in your combat log right after (combat): you killed elite barbazu legionnaire. (Error): You can't leave a party while you're in a dungeon. You must first recall out to a public area.

Also what buffs are you trying to hide with your hotbars?

All a bit suspect for my liking sorry. Gratz if you did complete it solo but from this screenshot I find it hard to belive.
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 12-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Cant help but notice the error message in your combat log right after (combat): you killed elite barbazu legionnaire. (Error): You can't leave a party while you're in a dungeon. You must first recall out to a public area.

Also what buffs are you trying to hide with your hotbars?

All a bit suspect for my liking sorry. Gratz if you did complete it solo but from this screenshot I find it hard to belive.
    Maybe someone was in the party so they could chat and dropped group before the screenshot?

Maybe seeing buffs isn't as important for this player and screen space is.

Doesn't look suspect to me, you might be paranoid?

Nice achievement anyways!
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTiles View Post
    Maybe seeing buffs isn't as important for this player and screen space is.
    True but if space was the issue why have spell components and and the menu out on your screen?

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTiles View Post
    you might be paranoid?
    I am paranoid!

A level 25 FvS in full Exalted Angel? I have no problem believing solo Norm VoD: Remove curse pots + Implosion + Blade Barrier + Divine Punishment on Suulo + wings. Maybe Greater Command now and then too? Or probably not - want them smacking you for some Torc/Greensteel SP...

Gratz, OP! Haven't tried it on my Cleric yet, but been itching to give it try
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

not hiding bonuses thats just how i have my bars set up, i dont like bars on the side of the screen because i prefer having the open side view. the first is the menu like it used to be -_-, the latter is spell mats so i know if im going to run out.

yeah i was in a party with my guildy Alexine. she was wandering the sub looking for rares and watching my HP and SP to make sure i didnt cheat :P i have duo'd it with her before and know that can be done. and i know you can solo this raid so i wanted to give it a try, drop'd group for the SS

as for the method i just tanked up and used my destiny heal and free cap heal while torcing back SP, did not rely on BB that much and just used the orbital strike (EA cap skill) to deal with the mobs whilst i kept sulo DP'd. no special buffs, dont even have yugo pots and didnt grab ship buffs.

knight slayer if your on Orien i can drag you through just invis and sit in a corner, or die i dont mind, and ill grab a completion ^_^

Grats man. Always a fun one to try solo.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

not hiding bonuses thats just how i have my bars set up, i dont like bars on the side of the screen because i prefer having the open side view. the first is the menu like it used to be -_-, the latter is spell mats so i know if im going to run out.

yeah i was in a party with my guildy Alexine. she was wandering the sub looking for rares and watching my HP and SP to make sure i didnt cheat :P i have duo'd it with her before and know that can be done. and i know you can solo this raid so i wanted to give it a try, drop'd group for the SS

as for the method i just tanked up and used my destiny heal and free cap heal while torcing back SP, did not rely on BB that much and just used the orbital strike (EA cap skill) to deal with the mobs whilst i kept sulo DP'd. no special buffs, dont even have yugo pots and didnt grab ship buffs.

knight slayer if your on Orien i can drag you through just invis and sit in a corner, or die i dont mind, and ill grab a completion ^_^
    Gratz then mate. Not that I dont belive it can be done, I have completed vod solo on a pure melee on elite, just that the SS looked strange to me. Like you were trying to hide something. Winding back the combat log, bars couvering buffs, others in party etc. Can you see how others might think there was more to the story than you were telling? Anyway, as far as buffs go. How can you tell if your deathward is running out? I would have thought beeing able to see your buffs was more important than knowing when your components are running low! Strange set up you got there.

name added to update list for DDO record book, nice achievement =)

Community Member

I might failed a sarcasm check here, but I hope you are kidding. knightslayer can solo elite VoD on a melee...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

@bad: thanks

@Knight: i dont really like relying on buffs to keep my character up, all important effects are on gear, the buffs are just all the little bonuses and have the same time limit, so when one goes they all go. the exception being ones like divine power wich are still going to be visable because i recast them anyway.
    i didnt relise it looked suspicious, this is the first SS i have ever posted so im still learning, i will move things around in the future when im done so buffs are visable and such.

@Aiden: awsome thank you ^_^

@Keven: i was not saying he could not solo it, i am well aware of how much of feat a successfull melee elite solo is, i was simply suggesting it to prove what i did, not to offend him in any way