Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For VIPs, I'd like to see unlimited runs.

I also would love to see some named epic loot added to the possible rewards; a la cove or mabar. Not any "Carrots" for high level players.
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Seeing as how the only expensive barter item is the polar bear pet I wouldn't mind spending some TP to get more chances at the race. For everything else you can just hit the auction house and spend some platinum like the other events. I agree a portal in the harbor would be nice for the low level characters to have access to the event.

The polar bear cub is totally cute so I gotta get one :P

Community Member

I agree that this should be free to run for VIPs and/or buyers of MOTU. At least raise the tokens to 10/day for VIP.

Propably will try it but I'm not seeing myself grinding this if I have to pay for the tokens.

The tokens per day scheme is a terrible way to promote this event.

I was really looking forward to this as I am a fan of the Risia games.

Now, I probably won't bother. 10 minutes of play a day? Seriously unimpressed.

What they could do is make tokens drop in the risia game turn-ins to link the events. Maybe have them drop as often as 5's with blues and twice as often with purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    The tokens per day scheme is a terrible way to promote this event.

I was really looking forward to this as I am a fan of the Risia games.

Now, I probably won't bother. 10 minutes of play a day? Seriously unimpressed.

What they could do is make tokens drop in the risia game turn-ins to link the events. Maybe have them drop as often as 5's with blues and twice as often with purples.
    I agree. There is no draw. Now of course the rewards "could" be different on live but currently I don't see an incentive to either buy tokens or run the event
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    For VIPs, I'd like to see unlimited runs.

I also would love to see some named epic loot added to the possible rewards; a la cove or mabar. Not any "Carrots" for high level players.
    VIP's still need some perks but I'm not sure that unlimited is the answer. You can pull a lot of motes from this quickly. Way in excess of what you can in Risia, Mabar, or Cove dragonshards.

12 minutes worth of runs is way too short though. 30 minutes to an hour and a half would be a more enjoyable range.

I like the named loot idea. People have been asking for a way to barter for things, this would be an amusing way.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    That'd be a fun perk for running Risia. I'd love to see it.

Default Devs...

Based on nearly every post on this thread, we all agree that we need a change.
    If 90% of people on Lammania are losing interest in the event already due to the system set up, then how do you expect it to be any different on live?

Have to admit, the polar bear sipping a coke would be a great idea though

Devs, now it's your turn to respond.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

I definitely appreciate your feedback. I'm making note of your suggestions and opinions, and I'll include them in my feedback writeup for the devs.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Marupal View Post
    Are you running this without skates on Coldin? If so, they are definately worth the price in the rental. With the skates, the house P pendant, some backtracking on the race track, and using the double snowflake bonus effectively it's pretty easy to hit a score between 500 and 600. That's 166 to 200 motes per token (not factoring in the 50 mote rental fee).
    It's still going to be quite a few days before you can afford the polar bear club though.
    You might have misread my post. I said I could probably average 180 MOTES. Not a 180 score.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Talking

Only some people don't like the Midwinter Festival but I love it i find better than the live one if you can't jump hi or move fast on the other one you get nothing at least this one you can I run it every day at least 4 times tring to get the high score

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    Just because it is an event does not mean it is not content.

VIPs should not be limited to doing this any specific number of times without resorting to the DDO store. If I am VIP, and have purchased MOTU, I have unlimited access to all content.

Limiting this is a slap in the face to VIPs and should not even have been considered beyond the one money hungry idiot who first dreamed it up.

VIPS pay for unlimited access and should receive such, or you should eliminate the subscription plan entirely.
    As a Premium Player, I also have to agree: More and more, the VIP perks seem to be shifting from what they're described as being. The expansion pack, of course, made sense to have separate. But content limitations? It's one thing as a non-VIP player to give a nod of acknowledgement to VIPs in their steady support of the game, and another to give them a nod of commiseration for it.

As long as it's not balance-shifting, expansion-based, or consumable-based, I firmly believe VIPs should have full access to features- they're paying for it, after all. So yeah, if extra tokens would create a recipe-creation/economy issue, that's something to sort out. But it does feel rather awkward to have them limited so firmly on playtime in the event.

Perhaps a 'gold token', 'silver token' affair, where gold tokens have higher chances for access to higher tier loot drops, and silver tokens emphasize lower level loot drops with a chance at high based on performance. Have the gold tokens limited per day at the 2/3/4 numbers, and then give 6/10/unlimited silver tokens. This'll address VIP perks, playtime limitations, AND the current lack of droprate of lower-tier items at high performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I definitely appreciate your feedback. I'm making note of your suggestions and opinions, and I'll include them in my feedback writeup for the devs.
    It would help if you could show us the whole picture, in terms of loot. Namely, whether the loot from the Harbor Risia games is the same as past years or if the rewards there are going to be identical to those in Eveningstar. Inquiring minds want to know if the weapon enchants, eternal wands of frost, etc will return. If we had concrete information about this, then we could provide additional feedback regarding the winter event(s) as a whole.

If memory serves, the Risia crafting altar can be turned on without turning the whole event on. Turning on just the altar would be an easy way to let us see what Risia rewards will be available, without detracting from the Eveningstar event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    As a Premium Player, I also have to agree: More and more, the VIP perks seem to be shifting from what they're described as being. The expansion pack, of course, made sense to have separate. But content limitations? It's one thing as a non-VIP player to give a nod of acknowledgement to VIPs in their steady support of the game, and another to give them a nod of commiseration for it.

As long as it's not balance-shifting, expansion-based, or consumable-based, I firmly believe VIPs should have full access to features- they're paying for it, after all. So yeah, if extra tokens would create a recipe-creation/economy issue, that's something to sort out. But it does feel rather awkward to have them limited so firmly on playtime in the event.

Perhaps a 'gold token', 'silver token' affair, where gold tokens have higher chances for access to higher tier loot drops, and silver tokens emphasize lower level loot drops with a chance at high based on performance. Have the gold tokens limited per day at the 2/3/4 numbers, and then give 6/10/unlimited silver tokens. This'll address VIP perks, playtime limitations, AND the current lack of droprate of lower-tier items at high performance.
    VIP perks have become almost non-existent. All we get is content. Stop taking away our stuff.

I worry that unlimited tokens for VIP would be abused and would lead to disenfranchisement for the premium and F2P community. VIP already have far greater access to the game content; but with events it's typically an even playing field, I'd like to see that continue going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    You might have misread my post. I said I could probably average 180 MOTES. Not a 180 score.
    Yup, I misunderstood.

I got stuck on this:

The second problem has to do with the mote rewards. For my initial 3 runs, I got between 120-180 motes. This is per day, and per account. Now, it's likely that I'll probably be able to keep up a mote rate of 180, but for simplicities sake, let's say I get 150 motes per day.
    It looked to me like you were saying 150 total for the 3 tokens per day. After doing the math 150 motes * 3 tokens per day = 10000 motes in 22.22 days.

Apologies Coldin.

It's still not as bleak as 22 days. Scores in the 1000+ range aren't this common but 150 motes is on the low end of what you can do with the skates on.

Edit: fixed to pic link
    Last edited by Marupal; 12-07-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Community Member

Default problem with rewards?

Apparently the mote vendor isn't doing recipe additions I tried to place the first tier of glation on several different random drop items including a ring, a weapon and a robe the vendor would accept the motes and recipe but not the item. will these be done through the ritual altar in theharbor or was it intended for the mote vendor to be able to add the effects?
    Second I somewhat agree with the earlier posts on tokens at least VIP players should not have to pay to participate considering that they are already paying to play the game in the first place. A suggestion would be to waive the token requirements for vip players and to use the daily tokens for allowing free to play and premium players to participate, much like the system on the cannith challenges.
    I do think that the race will increase participation in the winter festivault games as I have been playing for more than three years and have absolutely refused to participate in the Rissa ice jumping. I detest jumping in the game, it is not congruent with the game setting and too much of the game already resembles Mario Brothers in the amount of jumping required in order to complete many of the quests.
    Last edited by Kennerd; 12-15-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: another point

Community Member

Default Vip access

Quote Originally Posted by AX1200 View Post
    I worry that unlimited tokens for VIP would be abused and would lead to disenfranchisement for the premium and F2P community. VIP already have far greater access to the game content; but with events it's typically an even playing field, I'd like to see that continue going forward.
    Really Vips pay a monthly fee to play the game for this they receive a small amount of monthly turbine points, access to content and partial access to races and classes. Having been a premium player for more that 18 months prior to becoming a VIP I receive very little for my VIP subscription, I already owned 19 character slots, all the races, all the classes and all content except the high road and the Cannith challenges. There needs to be just a bit more to a VIP subscription than access to two packs, a few turbine points and being able to open dungeons on any difficulty. Unlimited content access is a big part of what we pay for as the rest is minor by comparison. I do think however that limiting the access to content on a special event does somewhat defeat the purpose of having the event but another consideration is the potential lag making the highest level content of the game virtually unplayable because of unlimited participation in the race.

This festival will be replacing risia ice games for this year? Just wondering, and this was probably mentioned somewhere else before but I dont have time to read all over ;D

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

The Winter Festival in Eveningstar is not replacing the Risia Games. Both will be on at the same time. Speaking of which, when I can get into Lamannia again (which will be a while, hopefully it will be back up and running tomorrow, but no guarantees), I'll turn on the Risia games as well!

Community Member

1. I have no idea. I know players as early as level 16 can get to Eveningstar. But I don't know about people lower than that. Or characters that haven't done the quests.

2. No idea. I know this event is on, but the one in the harbor was off.

3. Probably. Will get them when the tokens for the race arrive most likely.

if you a tr you can...my level 1 went to evnestar using the key you get for the favor..but ya first life low level toons out of luck..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12