Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Feedback

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member Ovrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,623

    Default Feedback

    No thread yet for it, so here it is.

    1) More fun than Risia
    It's a more fun than the previous festival, requiring no character stats unlike last time, just pure player control. This is much more enjoyable. Thumbs up on this part.

    2) Performance = tier of reward? Ugh
    Forcing us to perform badly on purpose to get the lower tier recipes is really lame. And we absolutely need multiple lower tiers to make any high tier recipes... Please, make it that a really good performance can net you multiple tiers at once. Having to fail on purpose is not fun.

    3) X tries per day.
    Not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it's a really 'pay to win' atmosphere which kinda sucks the fun out of the event, but it also means you'll also only run it a few times per day, and thus not get sick of it (like all other events..). Also even though I'm premium, I only got 2 tokens. Not the advertised 3. Might want to check that one.

    4) Loot is, not great... useless even.
    A +10 stacking resist to fire OR ice, that requires all previous tiers applied first? ... That seems entirely pointless. Random loot can give +10 stacking to ALL resists, and of course, the upgrades doesn't even work on named loot. I can tell you right away, I will not be using any of the current recipes on any of my toons, even if they were simply handed to me. This really could use some work, as there are no incentive for me to run the event.


    Overall, it could be a great event with a few fixes here and there.

  2. #2
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    3) X tries per day.
    Not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand it's a really 'pay to win' atmosphere which kinda sucks the fun out of the event, but it also means you'll also only run it a few times per day, and thus not get sick of it (like all other events..). Also even though I'm premium, I only got 2 tokens. Not the advertised 3. Might want to check that one.
    Last time I was on Lamannia didn't recognize premium players you're either f2p or VIP there so 2 would be correct.

  3. #3
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Last time I was on Lamannia didn't recognize premium players you're either f2p or VIP there so 2 would be correct.
    Im premium and i got 3.

  4. #4
    Community Member zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    requiring no character stats unlike last time, just pure player control.
    Can't comment on fun bit but "last time" did not require a specific character, just pure player control.

    I would intuitively assume that a timed event where you have to travel and collect stuff would heavily favor characters with a high movement speed, i.e. monk/barb/sprint boost/abundant step/leap/snowslide.

  5. #5
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Coldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    30 Feet from my Soul Stone
    Posts
    5,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Can't comment on fun bit but "last time" did not require a specific character, just pure player control.

    I would intuitively assume that a timed event where you have to travel and collect stuff would heavily favor characters with a high movement speed, i.e. monk/barb/sprint boost/abundant step/leap/snowslide.
    I'm honestly not sure if completion time mattered. I actually got a much higher score the third time, when I just decided to grab nearly every snowflake I could see. And I still had plenty of time to "finish" the race.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

    Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

  6. #6
    Community Member zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I'm honestly not sure if completion time mattered. I actually got a much higher score the third time, when I just decided to grab nearly every snowflake I could see. And I still had plenty of time to "finish" the race.
    You tell me =)

    I just figure that if you move faster, you can cover a larger distance in the alotted time and thus grab more nearly every snowflake than a slower character.

  7. #7
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Please can you make some way to port to Midwinter festival i dont want todo those 4 quests to get there. Also this means when it goes live if you dont have a high level toon you cant do the Midwinter festival.
    Last edited by SirShen; 11-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    4) Loot is, not great... useless even.
    A +10 stacking resist to fire OR ice, that requires all previous tiers applied first? ... That seems entirely pointless. Random loot can give +10 stacking to ALL resists, and of course, the upgrades doesn't even work on named loot. I can tell you right away, I will not be using any of the current recipes on any of my toons, even if they were simply handed to me. This really could use some work, as there are no incentive for me to run the event.


    Overall, it could be a great event with a few fixes here and there.
    It's not even really stacking either. It's typed as inherant, which is very common now a days and present on a huge variety of loot. Including one prefix - primal, which includes all 4 resists.. While this upgrade limits you to one.

    The Risia event weapon upgrade was much less restrictive, letting you put icy burst even on an already frost weapon and have it fully stack.. (Not sure that still works, but it originally did, adn thats the point - even if the made these upgrades mega powerful, but temporary, that would be fun for an event).

    Seems like EVERYTHING loot wise all they care about now is going mad about keeping this weak as possible as to avoid potentially making some too good. Zero risk, zero reward game design = boring.

    If it was stacking as it should of been, I'd actually be excited to play this event and pop another +10 fire on my primal robe/armor.. But as is, no real interest in it aside from maybe buying a few of those potions off the AH.

  9. #9
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    No incentive here.

    Better time spent elsewhere if the reward isn't improved.

    The glaciation 120 is the only real powerful effect here. I think thats pretty cool, but the longevity of this mini-game is really limited to that alone.
    Last edited by Durnak; 12-02-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  10. #10
    Community Member AX1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    does the glaciation upgrade increase the item level requirements?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload