Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Caution: Thin Ice!

A special note about the Midwinter Festival preview:

Our engineers are still working hard to resolve the physics issue (on live this manifests as monsters/players getting inside walls, or taking unexpected falling damage from walking around). Until that fix is in on Lamannia, it is *possible* to experience the behavior still, and this could result in unusual behavior while you're skating.

The reason this is important is that separately, we are watching for thin spots in the ice on the river! These thin spots can result in falling through the track under the ice, and are something that our quest folk need to catch and resolve by hand.

If you experience any odd behavior on Lamannia during your racing, please try to be as specific as possible when filing your bug reports and submitting your feedback so that we can better distinguish thin ice from the existing physics problem. Things that are helpful to include are:
    • Location (use /loc)
    • How you were stuck (example: under the ice vs inside a ramp)
    • What you were doing at the time you became stuck (jumping, fighting a Vole, sliding)

Thanks for trying out the Midwinter Festival!

Tolero, will you and your staff PLEASE consider a revision to the duration limitations of the /stuck command? ESPECIALLY at least during time periods when the physics engine goes wonko?

I presume you have /stuck batched to also send you guys a /loc report of where folks are stuck, and would also presume that more of these valid reports would be useful to you.

Please... help us help you, and save us waiting around 20 minutes or more for in-game support.

Thank you for your consideration, and for all that you do.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Tolero, will you and your staff PLEASE consider a revision to the duration limitations of the /stuck command? ESPECIALLY at least during time periods when the physics engine goes wonko?

I presume you have /stuck batched to also send you guys a /loc report of where folks are stuck, and would also presume that more of these valid reports would be useful to you.

Please... help us help you, and save us waiting around 20 minutes or more for in-game support.

Thank you for your consideration, and for all that you do.
    This is actually something we've been looking into. Currently the /stuck allotment is hardcoded to 1, but we're seeing if they can configure it to be adjustable so we could modify it on the fly. It's set very low to reduce the possibility of people doing "weird" things with it, but now we're wanting to ramp that up a bit in light of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    This is actually something we've been looking into. Currently the /stuck allotment is hardcoded to 1, but we're seeing if they can configure it to be adjustable so we could modify it on the fly. It's set very low to reduce the possibility of people doing "weird" things with it, but now we're wanting to ramp that up a bit in light of the issues.
    That would be splendid! Would go a long way in fostering goodwill.

Currently the /stuck allotment is hardcoded to 1

Also, thanks for looking at bumping up the number of uses per day.
    Kinda like the easing of Fred / Fate Spinner costs when we were having all those feat/destiny bugs.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 11-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

I was wondering if the /stuck is hardcoded to 1, is it possible to reduce the duration from 24hr to 24 minutes or less?

Quote Originally Posted by dynahawk View Post
    I was wondering if the /stuck is hardcoded to 1, is it possible to reduce the duration from 24hr to 24 minutes or less?
    There's basically no throttles that exist on any aspect of it at all. It's something they'd have to code in, which is what they're looking into

So is this basically Risia in Eveningstar?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    So is this basically Risia in Eveningstar?
    Sounds like you skate on the river around Eveningstar...

Anyone care to put up some screen shots and describe the actual event in detail for those of us that aren't on Lam?

Thanks.

Community Member

There's basically no throttles that exist on any aspect of it at all. It's something they'd have to code in, which is what they're looking into
    so basically, it wont be changed since it would require coding?

Thank you for the communication on this, and thanks to those on your team looking into this.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

***'s set very low to reduce the possibility of people doing "weird" things with it
    Well, it wasn't my fault that I ended up inside that mob when I teleported into the instance.*
    I doubt I want to know what's weirder than that.

*This was just shortly after the physics engine switch, haven't seen it happen since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Sounds like you skate on the river around Eveningstar...

Anyone care to put up some screen shots and describe the actual event in detail for those of us that aren't on Lam?

Thanks.
    ummmm http://ddowiki.com/page/Cormyrian_Midwinter_Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Well, it wasn't my fault that I ended up inside that mob when I teleported into the instance.*
    I doubt I want to know what's weirder than that.

*This was just shortly after the physics engine switch, haven't seen it happen since.
    Ha. Need moar coffee
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Enjoy your cat pictures. Its all these forums as good for now.
    Last edited by whitehawk74; 03-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    I just lost faith in the programmers.
    I'm guessing the stuck command is something that has been unchanged since it was implemented. I don't know when it was (it might even be since DDO's launch) but the programmers who worked on it are likely no longer with the company anyway. A lot of the original team is gone.

A special note about the Midwinter Festival preview:

Our engineers are still working hard to resolve the physics issue (on live this manifests as monsters/players getting inside walls, or taking unexpected falling damage from walking around). Until that fix is in on Lamannia, it is *possible* to experience the behavior still, and this could result in unusual behavior while you're skating.
    Sorry a little late on this, but when a lag spike hits and I am on the northern track south of the bridge and a lag spike hits I will fall through that section (where the ramp joins the track) consistently. This has happened two out of six live runs and four practice runs where I did not have a blessing running.

It didn't happen on Lamannia but I have never experienced lag on Lam with the exception of dev events in the harbor and marketplace.

edited to add screenshot of location outlined in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 01-10-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default thin ice

Eek!!!
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Eek!!!
    Not that bad. I just avoid the spot if I find my run to be a bit laggy.

i almost died laughing when i read "engineers"

nice, workers whose knowledge about coding may be from elementary school been treated as engineers XDDDDD

they are devs, not programmers or engineers(these 2 need university, dev is like saying chief, there's no need to studies supporting this)

btw, can't believe there are still issues with the FLOOR?!?! that's the very base of everything, i mean, crossing walls is annoying but... falling? sometimes i log in and im swimming!! or falling eternally, til game notices i was in my ship

but that won't be the first or last time, i end in the harbor when i was heading to the lower deck of my guild's ship
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast