Default Renewal Questions

What kind of numbers are you seeing?

Is it affected by any other metas besides emp Healing and Quicken?

Is it interuptable?

Can it be cast in an anti-magic field or during Hound of Xoriat bees?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by CrankVulcan View Post
    What kind of numbers are you seeing?

Is it affected by any other metas besides emp Healing and Quicken?

Is it interuptable?

Can it be cast in an anti-magic field or during Hound of Xoriat bees?

Thanks in advance!
    Quicken, Empower Healing and Maximize work, so I assume EmpowerSpell works too.

I saw numbers to 150 hp depending on heal amp. I didn't have Empower Spell. I healed some quests with Renewal only. But that is depending on the group setup and playskill of other people.

For the last 2 questions I don't have an answer, didn't run that raid after xpac.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Also, how does Renewal compare to the new Cocoon? Both can be twisted, but Cocoon is tier-1.

In terms of twists , Cocoon has the 12 second CD with 9 second duration , so makes it ok for self healing or a semi-emergancy save heal can be used on self. I also think if the target loses all the HP cocoon gives it no longer heals and as a side bonus while it won't heal Palemasters it will give them that temp HP if you lack the ability to cast negative type spells.

Renewal , 4 second cooldown 10 second (Or is it 8) duration does not tick on cast for its heal but will heal more then cocoon, can not be used on your self if outside Angel. Both have the same SP costs , with high healing amp and healing lore both make good sources of healing at a very cheap cost.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Renewal is nice but for use on self its somewhat hindered by the requirement of being exalted angel & the fact that its tier4... cocoon is awesome & now one of my favourite twists, the cooldown is a little longer but its got a nice range & currently (expect it'll be fixed later) can also work through walls (shhh don't let the zergers know u can do that though!). Cast by my favoured soul it can hit for 80+ hp healing per tick before crits, and even on my archmage it'll do 30 or so per tick (less on self since hes wf & not got much healing amp at all) which means i use it on him mainly for the temp hp portion, but it can help party members a bit.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Yes i use both on my paladin, but renewal is better in self heal tank mode, in dps mode i join cocoon becouse renewal only work in exalted.

Both are good heals spells with a high heal amp, renewal is fantastic can tank in eh (quest or raid) or ee (in some quest) and no need healer.