Community Member

Unhappy Echoes of the Ancestors - not working - ideas please

I had all my ED's at level 5 and I had twisted Echoes of the Ancesors Tier 4 Fatesinger and it was working just fine. I made active the new primal avatar and it will not go active anymore. I have tried restarting - relogging - switching destinies - resetting my fate points - and redropping it into the hotbar. It is in my hotbar colored and when I click on it it goes through the timer but does not come active. I cannot find a known issue or anyone that has this problem. Any help would be appreciated I really like and use that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by treestone View Post
    I had all my ED's at level 5 and I had twisted Echoes of the Ancesors Tier 4 Fatesinger and it was working just fine. I made active the new primal avatar and it will not go active anymore. I have tried restarting - relogging - switching destinies - resetting my fate points - and redropping it into the hotbar. It is in my hotbar colored and when I click on it it goes through the timer but does not come active. I cannot find a known issue or anyone that has this problem. Any help would be appreciated I really like and use that ability.
    The only way you can twist that is if you're a bard or also twist an ability that grants you song uses as you must expend 1 Song to activate the stance.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    The only way you can twist that is if you're a bard or also twist an ability that grants you song uses as you must expend 1 Song to activate the stance.
    I twisted this a long time ago and use it on my wizard with no issue...I do not have songs to expend either (magister destiny active)

Also twisted the Teir 4 shadow dancer echoes ability and he also utilizes it without expending songs (in shadowdancer destiny)
    Last edited by akiraproject24; 11-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

Ya it has never cost me songs before - I was off for 2 months came back and it was still working unless they changed something. It just stopped working when I switchd to the other ED.

Community Member

According to the wiki, the tier 4 versions cost 1 song to activate. not sure if that is reflected accurately in game, or even if it is applied to all echoes, as I haven't leveled fatesinger yet. Also, which specific echo did you twist? It may just be an issue with that one specific enhancement.

Community Member

shirardi champion

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    According to the wiki, the tier 4 versions cost 1 song to activate. not sure if that is reflected accurately in game, or even if it is applied to all echoes, as I haven't leveled fatesinger yet. Also, which specific echo did you twist? It may just be an issue with that one specific enhancement.

Also according to the wiki:

BUG: Currently the Shirardi Echo does not work at all.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

What? An epic destiny skill not working right again? Cannot be true since we paid money for the expansion. Everyone knows when you pay for something, as opposed to free to play content, there is an expectation of a working product which we cannot have (according to the forum police) for a free to play game. So, you must be mistaken that something we paid a premium for, on top of the monthly subscription for a lot of folks, is not working. Please go back and check your PC, Internet connection, service provider, mother's maiden name, etc... and make sure you got all that working since it must be your fault.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    What? An epic destiny skill not working right again? Cannot be true since we paid money for the expansion. Everyone knows when you pay for something, as opposed to free to play content, there is an expectation of a working product which we cannot have (according to the forum police) for a free to play game. So, you must be mistaken that something we paid a premium for, on top of the monthly subscription for a lot of folks, is not working. Please go back and check your PC, Internet connection, service provider, mother's maiden name, etc... and make sure you got all that working since it must be your fault.
    To be fair, most of it is working. Are a few bugged abilities annoying? Yeah. Is it enough to throw in the towel? I don't think so. I know that I'm having a pretty good time with the epic destinies, and they're worth at least what I paid for them.

Make sure to bug report the broken ability, though. I hope it's fixed soon.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Default ...

You tell 'em, Kluege!
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    To be fair, most of it is working. Are a few bugged abilities annoying? Yeah. Is it enough to throw in the towel? I don't think so. I know that I'm having a pretty good time with the epic destinies, and they're worth at least what I paid for them.

Make sure to bug report the broken ability, though. I hope it's fixed soon.
    This is my main gripe with the gamer community in general, not just this game. You would certainly not be willing to pay a premium for things in your every day life that were 80% working, so why do we settle for that in games? Turbine, has gotten away with this just about every update to the game, but the arguement has been that it is free content. Now, they have charge a pretty heavy premium and it is NOT ok to release broken content at that price. It needs to work 100% if they are going to charge a premium on top of any normal month fee that some are paying.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    This is my main gripe with the gamer community in general, not just this game. You would certainly not be willing to pay a premium for things in your every day life that were 80% working, so why do we settle for that in games? Turbine, has gotten away with this just about every update to the game, but the arguement has been that it is free content. Now, they have charge a pretty heavy premium and it is NOT ok to release broken content at that price. It needs to work 100% if they are going to charge a premium on top of any normal month fee that some are paying.
    Honestly, if you expect something as complex and complicated as an MMO to work 100% without bugs, just because you had to pay for it, your expectations are completely and utterly unrealistic. Seriously, companies like Microsoft that create OS's for computers have huge divisions of people working on 1 piece of software for years and it still comes out with some bugs. When you have a much smaller company that is splitting it forces between multiple pieces of software, you have to expect a less polished product. Granted, there are places that Turbine can improve on, especially in the communication with the player base of bug reporting and bug correction.

You ask why we settle for buggy products in video games but not in every day life. Yet I can think of multiple occurrences in everyday life where I settle for a buggy product. For example, because of where I live, I have to have satellite TV and internet, which sometimes goes out and isn't of the best quality. I don't go to the satellite company forums complaining about this, because I understand that the nature of the product leads to it having some issues sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Honestly, if you expect something as complex and complicated as an MMO to work 100% without bugs, just because you had to pay for it, your expectations are completely and utterly unrealistic. Seriously, companies like Microsoft that create OS's for computers have huge divisions of people working on 1 piece of software for years and it still comes out with some bugs. When you have a much smaller company that is splitting it forces between multiple pieces of software, you have to expect a less polished product. Granted, there are places that Turbine can improve on, especially in the communication with the player base of bug reporting and bug correction.

You ask why we settle for buggy products in video games but not in every day life. Yet I can think of multiple occurrences in everyday life where I settle for a buggy product. For example, because of where I live, I have to have satellite TV and internet, which sometimes goes out and isn't of the best quality. I don't go to the satellite company forums complaining about this, because I understand that the nature of the product leads to it having some issues sometimes.
    I did not say 100% of the MMO. I said 100% of what they are charging a premium for. So, EDs and Druid and all the content they released in the expansion should work correctly. I am not talking about server wide isues that we see such as lag, stuck in walls or whatever. Content they charge extra above and beyond the monthly fee (if you pay that). Big difference.

As for your Internet and TV service, do you call when it is out? Do they offer you a refund for any day(s) that your service was out? I know DirecTV did when I had them, in fact you could pretty much complain about anything and they would throw you 3-6 mo of free Showtime. I dropped them as soon as I moved to an area that I did not HAVE to have them. So, that kind of proves my point a little more. Turbine does nothing but collect our money and hide behind the EULA when cranking out buggy / not working / not completed content.
    Last edited by barecm; 12-10-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Sarlona Server Mythical: